Spectacular Member

Question Was Multiversity a map of the DC universe?

Hi guys

A few years ago, before the start of Rebirth, DC created a comic book called The Multiversity. I haven't read the book, but I was always curious about it and recently my curiosity came back and Iremembered that the book had what looked like a map in one of it's pages.

Was Multiversity a map of the DC universe?

And if it was, is it still valed or was only for the New 52?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

A few years ago, before the start of Rebirth, DC created a comic book called The Multiversity. I haven't read the book, but I was always curious about it and recently my curiosity came back and Iremembered that the book had what looked like a map in one of it's pages.

Well it involved a map of the multiverse. It was valid up until Perpetua so we won't know until Death Metal is over if it's still valid.

map.jpg

BANNED

Death metal either will introduce new infinite multiverse or one Earth. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Well it involved a map of the multiverse. It was valid up until Perpetua so we won't know until Death Metal is over if it's still valid.

map.jpg
    Edit: Also Doomsday Clock brought back the Pre-Crisis Earth-2 , Earth-1(1985) and introduced Earth-52.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_E_88 View Post
    Hi guys

Multiversity is pretty much the continuation of Geoff John's work on the DC Crisis Events (Identify, Infinit and Final).

It should be valid.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Edit: Also Doomsday Clock brought back the Pre-Crisis Earth-2 , Earth-1(1985) and introduced Earth-52.
    By Earth 2, do you mean the new 52?

Also this a question that bothred me in Doomsday Clock, wasn't earth-1 the past of the pre new 52?

And if so, why did DC made them their own worlds?

He means the original Earth-2 from the '60s to the '80s, where the JSA lived. Earth-1 was the main variation where the JLA lived. These were combined after 1985's Crisis on Infinite Earths, then remade in different forms after 2006's 52, and again after 2011's Flashpoint.

Doomsday Clock reveals that the 'Main' Earth never really goes away when it's rebooted. Instead it branches off, becoming their own worlds in distant parts of the Multiverse. With that in mind, Earth-2 never stopped existing in some branch of the Multiverse. Earth-1 became Earth-1985, with its undocumented history after Crisis going in a different direction than the Combined Earth. Likewise, the New 52 timeline continues on Earth-52.

This way, if they ever want to explore those timelines, unique continuities and characters, they have the option. At the same time, it allows them to continue changing and revamping the main Earth to be distinct for each era. They get to have their cake and eat it too.

as to your original question, yes, the Map of the Multiverse in Multiversity is a map of the primary DC Multiverse. It's accurate up to Death Metal, and I imagine when that's over it'll be at least semi-accurate again. There's stuff not on it they came up with later (Like the Dark Multiverse) and stuff that doesn't really fit on it (Like the Anit-Matter Universe which is somehow not part of the Multiverse.... it's confusing), but it works great still.

Yeah, it was one-shots from different earths. The Charlton one and the Ultra one were SO GOOD.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE