Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #8 preview/Spoiler discussion

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-24-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-24-2020 at 06:19 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Interlac on first page: "Interlac on the side: Jon Kent is the creator and founder of the United Planets. Named and Designed after ancient Earth's United Nations. Jon Kent was the one to convince the first order of the United Planets to come together. Conner Kent did none of these things."

I can't see anything

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I can't see anything
    Me, neither.

Strange. No issues for me on my computer or my phone while I'm long on or off of either.

Anyways, he's the link https://comixwire.com/2020/08/22/pag...s-8-comic-a20/

Did the link work for you all?

Yeah the link works !

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Strange. No issues for me on my computer or my phone while I'm long on or off of either.

Thanks for the link. Also, the legion computer being mean to conner. The guy and his fans just lost his book. Sheesh! He can't catch a break.Conner is too cool for school or future space college, anyways.

So...framing device is someone looking over the Legion's recruitment as evidence against them? And each Legion member's induction gets its own artist?

I guess we can see some of Dream Girl's haugtiness here. Projectra reminds me of her Threeboot incarnation.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Masterff is about to lose his goddamn mind when he hears about this. Once again, Doc Shaner makes a case for why he's the best artist in the business. Timeless perfection.

Really loving Jon's big ol corn fed grin and general air of excitement.

The dialog along with the art gives him this really excitable and adventurous vibe. He cuts himself off, makes amendments to things mid sentence, and has such a fun and bouncy energy to what he's says. "And today we're under arrest". Oh, is that all Jon? lol But My favorite part is him realizing that "space" and "alien" are relative terms. That's the sort of thinking I want him to come back to the 21st century with. That's what Brainy was talking about, and I really dig it.

I'm also into the framing device being a continuation of the founding three recruiting everyone. Simple and freeing way of going about it.

And Bendis is really coming into his own with these voices. Every since issue 7 Lighting Lad not being one to turn down Projectra's offer to add money to the Legion hits different knowing his deal. Saturn Girl getting on Cos' case a bit feels legit. Even the way she's so blunt with Projectra is something that's a growing aspect of her character. Dream Girl's whole lighter than air, touchy feely deal interest me along with how she/they perceives sex and gender. Even if it's just part of her/their general lighter than air feel, she/they simply don't put much thought into it, and not too much else, I still appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So...framing device is someone looking over the Legion's recruitment as evidence against them? And each Legion member's induction gets its own artist?
    Pretty sure it's President Brade and Cham. You can see Cham's icon, and he says "mother" on the last page.

And yeah, that's the set up for art. Each character gets an artist.

Ultimate Member

That Princess Projectra page is interesting, since Imra points out that she's creating illusions even now, and then in the next panel we see what looks like the walls of a padded cell have replaced the opulent palace that was surrounding them a second ago.

That could be quite the twist, if the Princess only *thinks* she's a Princess, and her entire life is an elaborate illusion/fantasy...

Yeah, nothing showed up at first. Then I went to that link, refreshed this forum page, and the images showed up here. They must have a hotlink block in place.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Really loving Jon's big ol corn fed grin and general air of excitement.
    That's awesome for me too. The kid needs to be quirky and spunky.