Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Action Comics issue #1024 Preview/ discussion (spoilers)

Last edited by Superlad93; 08-24-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Double post
    Last edited by Superlad93; 08-24-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member

I can't see anything.

If you can't see it here's a link https://comixwire.com/2020/08/22/pag...cs-1024-comic/

That site is odd. Soon as other sites get the previews, I'll switch up the images.

Romita was not kind to Melody Moore's hair.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Romita was not kind to Melody Moore's hair.
    I'm just glad she's back. She's one of the new Metropolitans that I liked.

Anyway, she just got off the job. Intense heat, smoke and ash does a number on hair. He's drawn hair fine before. It makes sense she doesn't look her best right after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm just glad she's back. She's one of the new Metropolitans that I liked.

Anyway, she just got off the job. Intense heat, smoke and ash does a number on hair. He's drawn hair fine before. It makes sense she doesn't look her best right after that.
    Honestly I think it's more Romita.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I think it's more Romita.
    It is, but I've seen him draw hair better than that. I think it's him going "just wrapped a helluva work day." I'm not his biggest fan, but that's how it looks to me.

Mighty Member

Just seen the Preview and I am pretty underwhelmed.

The whole story arc was underwhelming for me and also this preview doesnt make me excited for more.

Bumping this thread because the picture are fixed.

Astonishing Member

Read it (very quickly).
    What a waste spoilers:
    of potentially interesting characters
    end of spoilers.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Solid issue. Really liked the whole vibe of the FBI raid of the Planet, and just how Clark interacts with it. I really dig how messy the whole situation with the identity reveal and Lois and Clark doing their jobs is. "Did you know it's made of Lego" made me laugh, and so did Brainy hugging the globe lol

The scene with Moore really threw me for a loop because it genuinely did seem like she was gonna be mayor, but then I guess that would be too optimal. In the context of this whole mob fight, blood needed to be drawn on Clark's side. And we more or less show that Lois and Jimmy are invulnerable by proxy, so it was a solid move to go with Moore. She's reasonably altruistic, ready to change things, and was targeted before for asking too many questions and talking to the press. And Cloud connected her to Clark from their last attack and her giving him dirt on the mayor.

Seems like Bendis has settled on "auntie Kara" rather than "cousin Kara" from the Unity Saga. Technically the latter is proper, but I dunno about anyone else, I'd use auntie in that situation too. It rightly ages Kara up too. Speaking of, really dug her being the "big" cousin for a moment there with Clark. I like connecting Dr. Glory to this. So, funny enough she's the new Lex.

The scenes where it's the whole family looking for Leone is great, and that page where they find Whisper is fantastic.

Jon calling Kara "Auntie" is just plain stupid. Not only is she NOT his aunt - his only aunt is Lucy Lane, Kara is Clark's cousin, not sister, and thus is Jon's cousin once removed - but also, they're roughly the same age. There are cases where a mother and daughter have kids at the same time. The mother's youngest kid would be the daughter's kids' aunt or uncle. But if they were the same age would they call them aunt or uncle? Not likely.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't know many people who actually call their older cousin once removed "cousin" this or that. I certainly don't. I was perfectly fine with it staying "cousin Kara" like in the Unity Saga when they met up, but I'm personally more receptive to "auntie Kara". Don't really care if it's not the proper term.

And I'm in favor of making Kara feel more mature (like how she was consistently drawn as taller than Jon during the Unity Saga), so again, I'm all for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jon calling Kara "Auntie" is just plain stupid. Not only is she NOT his aunt - his only aunt is Lucy Lane, Kara is Clark's cousin, not sister, and thus is Jon's cousin once removed - but also, they're roughly the same age. There are cases where a mother and daughter have kids at the same time. The mother's youngest kid would be the daughter's kids' aunt or uncle. But if they were the same age would they call them aunt or uncle? Not likely.
    My cousin's daughter calls me aunt so it's not at all off for me (African culture). I don't think family dynamics and who calls who what is set in stone for everyone. I've had a case where someone younger than me is sometimes called "big" simply because of how much they take care of everyone around them as if they were indeed a big brother.