Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suicide Squad 2

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Suicide Squad 2

So many good choices for the team. With that many C and D listers you know its going to be a bloodbath.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Just a minor correction, it's not Suicide Squad 2.
    It's its own thing and can't be seen as anything more than a light reboot and/or "spiritual" successor to the original.

Yes, they're keeping some original characters, but James Gunn only took the project if it wasn't tied down by Ayer's original. The official title of the movie is "The Suicide Squad"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ultimate Member

Glad they added some superhumans, to better justify the team

They have CGI on two CGI characters done but they couldn't do a small story trailer? Ah anyway I'm excited this looks good. Sad Elba isn't Bronze Tiger iono who the hell Blood sport is, or half these characters. But ima all in. I trust James Gunn

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly I haven't been this excited for a DC film since Man of Steel (and that did not meet my expectations one bit). This looks really good. You can just feel the energy radiating off everything Gunn has done with these characters. I love the 70s war film inspiration going on and all of the characters looks like so much fun. This is what I want DC films to be like: energetic, fun, gritty and not taking themselves too seriously but still having weight. The irony in it being someone from the MCU to show them this (and I'd argue this could be better than the Guardians of the Galaxy movies).

I don't know how anyone could want Ayer's alleged director's cut after seeing what's going on here.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    They have CGI on two CGI characters done but they couldn't do a small story trailer? Ah anyway I'm excited this looks good. Sad Elba isn't Bronze Tiger iono who the hell Blood sport is, or half these characters. But ima all in. I trust James Gunn
    Bloodsport looks like a discount Deadshot to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sad Elba isn't Bronze Tiger iono who the hell Blood sport is, or half these characters. But ima all in. I trust James Gunn
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Bloodsport looks like a discount Deadshot to me.
    From what is being said around the internets, it sounds like Elba actually WAS cast to be the new Deadshot. And it was only later that the script was rewritten to make him a different character.

Probably keeping Will Smith's options open for a third film.

Astonishing Member

This movie is my second most anticipated DC film after the Batman.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Honestly I haven't been this excited for a DC film since Man of Steel (and that did not meet my expectations one bit). This looks really good. You can just feel the energy radiating off everything Gunn has done with these characters. I love the 70s war film inspiration going on and all of the characters looks like so much fun. This is what I want DC films to be like: energetic, fun, gritty and not taking themselves too seriously but still having weight. The irony in it being someone from the MCU to show them this (and I'd argue this could be better than the Guardians of the Galaxy movies).

I don't know how anyone could want Ayer's alleged director's cut after seeing what's going on here.
    To be honest, Ayer’s version(judging from what’s been revealed by him and others) looks to be bad as well, only in a different way. The fact the man leaked script pages where he wrote, “snitches get stitches” for the Joker and think it’s in anyway resembling good dialogue kind of tells me Ayer’s version would only be a marginal improvement, at best.

This definitely looks to be a much better made film than any version of the first Suicide Squad film.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Bloodsport was, believe it or not, a Superman villain.

Yeah, he's a commando guy that went after Superman with guns, I'm sure you can guess how well that worked out for him. (Granted they were futuristic sci-fi guns, but still...)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    From what is being said around the internets, it sounds like Elba actually WAS cast to be the new Deadshot. And it was only later that the script was rewritten to make him a different character.

Probably keeping Will Smith's options open for a third film.
    That seems pretty clear when he's a gunman and has a daughter, just like Deadshot did.

BANNED

The trailer and intro looked great. That cast is awesome.

I am pretty interested in John Cena's The Peacemaker. That character is the Charlton import who Moore/Gibbons traded in for The Comedian because Moore found The Peacemaker - "He believes in peace so much he's willing to fight for it" as Gunn notes, to be an American imperialist in self-denial and so he decided to parody that guy with a nihilist war criminal who thinks everything's a joke.

Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn is going places, now she has James Gunn shining a spotlight on her.

Niffleheim

Harley Quinn looks too normal and too competent lmao! Is that weird to say out loud?

Those comic-accurate costumes are looking nice .
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I think we got that from Aquaman and Shazam, maybe not gritty, so it's arguably continuing the trend.