Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retired

The lower tear characters increases the suspense for the movie. It's "The Suicide Squad." They could ALL die. Well, maybe not Harley, but even her I'm not sure about. That means you won't be able to predict from scene to scene who is going to live and who is going to die (unless it's been leaked before the movie comes out). Bloodsport has a lot of potential as a character--and he was an African-American in the comics--if it was Deadshot, that's a character they are less likely to kill off. It gives them a lot more freedom to create a character for Idris Elba that's distinct.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Aquaman and Flash are A-tier characters, along with Wonder Woman and Batman. Shazam, Black Adam and Suicide Squad are your B-tier, so I’d they’re successful it means we’ll get some Blue Beetle, Firestorm, JSA...etc movies.
    I really don’t think people would consider Aquaman and Flash to be the same tier as Batman or Wonder Woman. At least when it comes to causal audiences

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The lower tear characters increases the suspense for the movie. It's "The Suicide Squad." They could ALL die. Well, maybe not Harley, but even her I'm not sure about. That means you won't be able to predict from scene to scene who is going to live and who is going to die (unless it's been leaked before the movie comes out). Bloodsport has a lot of potential as a character--and he was an African-American in the comics--if it was Deadshot, that's a character they are less likely to kill off. It gives them a lot more freedom to create a character for Idris Elba that's distinct.
    Why Deadshot is a pretty disposable character. Like I like Floyd Lawton as much as the next guy but besides his whole thing with his daughter he’s really not a super important or top tier villain. He’s just another assassin among however many who’ll be the villain of the week because he was paid to. KGBeast, Deathstroke, Drakon and even Bloodsport all villains because they’re paid to be. I feel the only reason Deadshot got elevated is because he’s primarily a Batman villain and because of Ostrander’s run (remember at the time all the characters were C Listers. They’re only B or A listers because of Ostrander’s Suicide Squad). I still think it’s a mistake to bring back Harley Quinn especially since she escaped at the end of Suicide Sqaud and was free in BoP

And you really think they’ll kill Harley Quinn and Idris Elba over the Weasel or Polka Dot Man? Like even if Nathan Fillion as TDK (which btw is a waste he’d be awesome as Hal Jordan or Booster Gold) won’t last more than 20 minutes
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 08-22-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    I really don’t think people would consider Aquaman and Flash to be the same tier as Batman or Wonder Woman. At least when it comes to causal audiences
    They're not, but the point is, these ones are even less popular

Astonishing Member

Not yet but right now they're doing better than Superman is. They're getting sequels, Superman hasn't had a solo movie since Man of Steel. Batman's alright, because he's Batman.

Pretty weird Mongal will be in a movie before Mongul.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I think it will be a fun movie. I would of preferred to see Idris Elba as Bronze Tiger rather than another gun totting villain.

Cool to see Peter Capaldi as The Thinker. Interested to see his take on the character and how it differs from the Flash TV show version.

Half the squad probably die in the first half of the movie. No mention of Benico Del Toro who is rumored to be the films primary villain.

I think the film is supposed to loosely be based on the Rumble In The Jungle Ostrander story.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 08-22-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Based on all this new footage I haven't been this excited for DC properties since I was a little kid and saw a Batman Returns poster in the mall.

The Batman
    The suicide squad
    WW 1984
    And JL Snyder Cut

All look like awesome DC entries

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    All look like awesome DC entries
    Its DC. I'm sure they'll fix it in post

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not yet but right now they're doing better than Superman is. They're getting sequels, Superman hasn't had a solo movie since Man of Steel. Batman's alright, because he's Batman.
    What kinda logic was that? There was 20 years between Superman IV and Superman Returns and during that time there were numerous failed and cancelled Superman reboots. Considering Superman Returns was a sequel to the Superman II the Donned Cut keep in mind that means for from 78 to 2006 the only Superman movies were related to Christopher Reeves in some capacity. Superman will always be an American culture icon. I was also talking before their solo movies (or even the flash cw series). Aquaman and Flash (Barry Allen) were both low B tiers to the public meaning people were aware of their existence unlike say GotG or the Doom Patrol but really don’t know much else besides the bare minimum.
    Last edited by Dboi2001; 08-23-2020 at 12:08 AM.

I think it looks fantastic! It captures the vibe of the Ostrander run but with Gunn’s signature flare. So many people online complaining that “these characters are lame.” Yes, that’s the point! They’re expendable! That’s what makes the Suicide Squad great. You never know who’s going to die (well except for Harley).

Astonishing Member

What kinda logic was that? There was 20 years between Superman IV and Superman Returns and during that time there were numerous failed and cancelled Superman reboots. Considering Superman Returns was a sequel to the Superman II the Donned Cut keep in mind that means for from 78 to 2006 the only Superman movies were related to Christopher Reeves in some capacity. Superman will always be an American culture icon. I was also talking before their solo movies (or even the flash cw series). Aquaman and Flash (Barry Allen) were both low B tiers to the public meaning people were aware of their existence unlike say GotG or the Doom Patrol but really don’t know much else besides the bare minimum.
    Which is why he's slowly lost steam while Batman became DC/WB's no.1 super-hero. Sure, he's no.2, but WB has allowed him to fray other than maintain a more constant presence. Its why Reeves' Superman has such a shadow over the movie franchise, it wants until Man of Steel that we had a movie which wasn't connected to Donner's Superman. 20 years is far too long between movies, movies which don't get made don't do the character any good. Its called development hell for a reason. The current Superman not having a solo after Man of Steel is bad, that's how low a priority he is at WB. That, by itself, is not a sign the current Superman is looked favourable compared to Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Cavill's been in limbo for years. The only reason he's even being in a movie project recently is because of a director's cut on HBO. He's an American icon, but he will eventually lose it if this keeps happening. The world is finally giving him competition both in Marvel and DC itself on the big screen. He had no competition at DC besides Batman since Donner to worry about, now he does.

Extraordinary Member

Well let's be real here Polka Dot Man and Arm Fall Off Boy arent going to last more than 20 minutes. And I feel Aquaman, Shazam and the up coming Flash movie are more than proof WB may focus on less than A tier characters
    No but if that does well you may get a Secret Six film and it wouldn’t scare them off a Booster Gold film or something zany if Harley can lead a film of d-listers

Extraordinary Member

That it’s really the point. They are still known commodities that are heavily recognized in pop culture. Those characters always had a chance at films just by virtue of being who they were. I think it’s more apt to consider them A tier and characters like the trinity S tier.

These films doing well could open up doors for not always going for the most obvious characters

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Which is why he's slowly lost steam while Batman became DC/WB's no.1 super-hero. Sure, he's no.2, but WB has allowed him to fray other than maintain a more constant presence. Its why Reeves' Superman has such a shadow over the movie franchise, it wants until Man of Steel that we had a movie which wasn't connected to Donner's Superman. 20 years is far too long between movies, movies which don't get made don't do the character any good. Its called development hell for a reason. The current Superman not having a solo after Man of Steel is bad, that's how low a priority he is at WB. That, by itself, is not a sign the current Superman is looked favourable compared to Aquaman and Wonder Woman. Cavill's been in limbo for years. The only reason he's even being in a movie project recently is because of a director's cut on HBO. He's an American icon, but he will eventually lose it if this keeps happening. The world is finally giving him competition both in Marvel and DC itself on the big screen. He had no competition at DC besides Batman since Donner to worry about, now he does.
    He’s Superman, he’s as ingrained in pop culture as any character alive. There’s isn’t a person in the world that doesn’t know what that S symbol means. It’s the big advantage to owning a character like Superman..... you can always go to that well. Superman has appeared in 2 films since his solo, is in a live action Supergirl show, not getting solos doesn’t mean he’s being forgotten. Batman hasn’t had a solo since 2012 which is longer than Supes and that won’t change until The Batman