Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I lmao when he beat up that clown LOL. I did think he was the Riddler at the end tho until I watched it again. Getting Hush vibes.

This trailer did nothing for me, I’m willing to give it a shot but I didn’t see enough that sets it apart from Nolan trilogy everything looks exactly the same. I’m glad they’re keeping Batfleck around to give different vibes because this is literally TDK 2.0...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Yeah about the Terry Mcginnis aspect. I finally understand why some were worried that Pattinson's looked too young and smallish for the role. From the trailer I see the concerns. I know he is tall, here He does not look that tall. He said he bulked up but not enough to be Bale's Physique much less Affleck.
    Pattinson's Bruce looks very '70s. Think of Strange Apparitions which had a very youthful and young-looking Bruce. In fact it's kind of strange how Christian Bale's Batman and now Pattinson's seems to lapse back to the '70s characterization, being more softer in features than the Batman of Year One (who Frank Miller wanted to look like a young Gregory Peck).

Overall this looks very promising. Its very Batman at his best and I also think it will bring a good ice punch to the comic films genre , which has gotten boring and predictable. I feel as if this is a comic movie that is getting back to basis away from the cinematic crossover lighthearted set up universe fad. I have faith in Matt Reeves. He is like James Mangold, does not give a **** about sticking to a formula and very unapologetic about his stance as a director and writer.
    Matt Reeves is a talented guy...he has some misfortune in that his Batman movies are gonna look a fair bit like Nolan's and it's very much a gritty take, updating from Michael Mann (Nolan's touchstone) to David Fincher's (Reeves).

The problem with Batman in movies is that he's so overexposed...it kind of feels like that there's not much more to see anymore except good cover versions.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    This trailer did nothing for me, I’m willing to give it a shot but I didn’t see enough that sets it apart from Nolan trilogy everything looks exactly the same. I’m glad they’re keeping Batfleck around to give different vibes because this is literally TDK 2.0...
    Well, it's been 12 years since TDK. I'm down for another street level/Netflix take on Batman with lots of human Batman. TDK is a Joker movie, TDKR about an end of his career vigilante, Batfleck is the shared universe superhero. Chinatown is an influence for Reeves version.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Pattinson's Bruce looks very '70s. Think of Strange Apparitions which had a very youthful and young-looking Bruce. In fact it's kind of strange how Christian Bale's Batman and now Pattinson's seems to lapse back to the '70s characterization, being more softer in features than the Batman of Year One (who Frank Miller wanted to look like a young Gregory Peck).

Matt Reeves is a talented guy...he has some misfortune in that his Batman movies are gonna look a fair bit like Nolan's and it's very much a gritty take, updating from Michael Mann (Nolan's touchstone) to David Fincher's (Reeves).

The problem with Batman in movies is that he's so overexposed...it kind of feels like that there's not much more to see anymore except good cover versions.
    Quoted in agreement especially the last paragraph.

But if Batman fans aren't complaining then i guess its all good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I lmao when he beat up that clown LOL. I did think he was the Riddler at the end tho until I watched it again. Getting Hush vibes.
    I dont know what that clown did but that beating was a bit scary.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Well, it's been 12 years since TDK. I'm down for another street level/Netflix take on Batman with lots of human Batman. TDK is a Joker movie, TDKR about an end of his career vigilante, Batfleck is the shared universe superhero. Chinatown is an influence for Reeves version.
    Glad your happy with more of the same because this fits right into Nolan’s universe like a continuation. It just seems like to me DC is lazy and overly reliant on Batman because it’s easy, fairly inexpensive to make and brings in profit because it’s Batman. Hope it turns out good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Glad your happy with more of the same because this fits right into Nolan’s universe like a continuation. It just seems like to me DC is lazy and overly reliant on Batman because it’s easy, fairly inexpensive to make and brings in profit because it’s Batman. Hope it turns out good for them.
    Yes, I'm happy because I get a street level crime fighter noir movie together with WW84, Black Adam and Suicide Squad. Not counting Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Moon Knight from Marvel.

Ultimate Member

I'm LOVING the David Fincher vibes from this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I would not put too much on comic book drawings. We know how comics were drawn in certain eras, a moving picture is a better fit to justify characters look alikes. Robert's face, hair and jawline looks more like Terry from Batman Beyond.

hqdefault.jpg

There is some truth that Batman is now overexposed. 3 batman news in less than 2 months and nothing for Superman.

Batman is the second overexposed superhero property. MCU is the first , however Batman at least has and can maintain some creative diversity, so although exposed I don't think it has reached the point of suffocating.

We finally got confirmed news that Batman takes place in its own universe, I think this would help it too. Back to basis comic book movies feels like a new thing again away from MCU and DCU.

Besides the Batman universe is just too good to not always have something out there. good or bad, I think this one is a good.

Trailer looks good, considering how little of the movie has been filmed.

Is that Riddler or Hush? I don't want Riddler to look like Hush. I really want a legit Riddler.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not too bad I must admit. Mr. Twilight might actually pull off his take on Batman.
    You gotta give him more credit than this. He made a few of those movies very early in his career, has mostly derided them, and gone on to do many very well regarded films that make up the majority of his career.

I was never a teenage girl, so I've never seen a Twilight movie. I can only speak to his other films, and I've always enjoyed him in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    Pattinson just proved all the haters wrong. He looks great and kicks ass. Plus he's a brilliant actor.The Trailer was Dope.

What does Batman say when Alfred tells him you are a part of this? It sounded beautifully hunting.
    I think that's supposed to be Riddler he's talking to. And he says "You will."
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Trailer looks good, considering how little of the movie has been filmed.

Is that Riddler or Hush? I don't want Riddler to look like Hush. I really want a legit Riddler.
    It's Riddler.

I know, that was my point. He looks like Hush, not Riddler. And yes, I’ve read Hush, I’m sure I know what they’re doing here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Quoted in agreement especially the last paragraph.

But if Batman fans aren't complaining then i guess its all good.
    Over-saturation only really becomes a thing when the money and excitement stops coming in.

James Bond can recast and use largely the same formula dozens of times, and it’s fine. Batman seems likely to have a similar success.

Now we just need to get Superman and other heroes to the same set-up...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Almost expected Batman to have Spider-Man/Deadpool CGI eyes because the Cowl looks unfinished. The costumes (Bruce/Selina/Riddler) will probably change over 3 movies. Penguin looks like he walked out of a comic.