Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    That trailer was pretty awesome, IMO. Is it just me or does Pattinson's Batvoice sound a little like Michael Keaton's Batvoice?
    Pattison once said his Batman voice will be like Willem Dafoe's voice in Lighthouse but I heard only a pretty regular voice compared to Dafoe, Bale or Affleck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Pattison once said his Batman voice will be like Willem Dafoe's voice in Lighthouse but I heard only a pretty regular voice compared to Dafoe, Bale or Affleck.
    Everyone thought it was Pattison's Bruce Wayne under the mask, until Batman took off his mask and William DeFoe was revealed!

BANNED

You know Green Goblin and Batman are quite similar. Both are rich dudes, both have cool gadgets and modes of transformation. Both of their outfits are meant to make them look scary and frightening. Batman has Batarangs, Goblin has razorbats (tiny drones with sharp batwings that cut up who he wants to cut to).

You know It would be interesting if Riddler isn't the bad guy. He knows Bruce is Batman and is just showing batman how deep the Corruption in Gotham goes. Tries to lead Batman to the Court of Owls. I mean scumbags or not it appears hes killing people, so he's a bad guy but would be interesting if he was a misdirect and wasn't the main villian.

Enjoyed the trailer but didn't hype me up much upon first watch. Repeat viewings though have sold me. I like that it appears Batman is unhinged a bit. I thought the scene with the painted face gang(People say Joker. I thought it was Penguins. But given he appears to be a mobster on the come up doubt he has a gang with painted faces) was just Batman being brutal to scare the others. But seeing him also looking like he was losing it on some cops before Gordon intervens makes me think hes a bit unstable. Which I'm all for.

Think they will only stick to grounded villians only for this trilogy? So no KillerCroc, ManBat, Or Clayface? Hope they do a proper Bane also. Hated TDK rises Bane. They made him Bruces equal but everything else about him i hated and then the reveal of what was really going on was the final nail for me. But a proper Bane with Venom can be done in a grounded film. Just get someone who's big but can act like Bautista. Venom doesn't need to make him bigger. Just have his Veins buldge in his arms and eyes. And after he can have reasonable super strength. Nothing really super but past what a body builder can do. Punch through concrete maybe slide a car out the way.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-26-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You know It would be interesting if Riddler isn't the bad guy. He knows Bruce is Batman and is just showing batman how deep the Corruption in Gotham goes. Tries to lead Batman to the Court of Owls. I mean scumbags or not it appears hes killing people, so he's a bad guy but would be interesting if he was a misdirect and wasn't the main villian.
    Just wild speculation of course but the owl on the card, the rhyming and use of "who" (like an owl sounds), the corruption and Paul Dano looking like a DIY Talon made me think the same thing. This trilogy could end up being more interconnected than Nolan's movies with more repeating characters (maybe Catwoman and Penguin show up in 3 movies) and could adapt stories recently published.

Enjoyed the trailer but didn't hype me up much upon first watch. Repeat viewings though have sold me. I like that it appears Batman is unhinged a bit. I thought the scene with the painted face gang(People say Joker. I thought it was Penguins. But given he appears to be a mobster on the come up doubt he has a gang with painted faces) was just Batman being brutal to scare the others. But seeing him also looking like he was losing it on some cops before Gordon intervens makes me think hes a bit unstable. Which I'm all for.

Think they will only stick to grounded villians only for this trilogy? So no KillerCroc, ManBat, Or Clayface? Hope they do a proper Bane also. Hated TDK rises Bane. They made him Bruces equal but everything else about him i hated and then the reveal of what was really going on was the final nail for me. But a proper Bane with Venom can be done in a grounded film. Just get someone who's big but can act like Bautista. Venom doesn't need to make him bigger. Just have his Veins buldge in his arms and eyes. And after he can have reasonable super strength. Nothing really super but past what a body builder can do. Punch through concrete maybe slide a car out the way.
    I think Riddler being the killer is a little too obvious, so I'm expecting a twist.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Just wild speculation of course but the owl on the card, the rhyming and use of "who" (like an owl sounds), the corruption and Paul Dano looking like a DIY Talon made me think the same thing. This trilogy could end up being more interconnected than Nolan's movies with more repeating characters (maybe Catwoman and Penguin show up in 3 movies) and could adapt stories recently published.
    ok do you think they save the court for the third movie though? Or they have them appear here?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Riddler being the killer is a little too obvious, so I'm expecting a twist.
    Any guesses on what the twist will be?

Retired

I don't believe I'm all that intelligent, but I thought it was pretty obvious that Riddler isn't the big bad--he's the guy directing Batman to find the real big bads. I thought that was in the trailer. Not a misdirect at all. It kind of surprises me that people don't see that immediately. But a lot of endorphins were flooding some brains when that trailer was first shown, so I can understand why they lost all sense and couldn't focus on what the trailer was telling them about the plot.

I’m sure The Batman will be a fine film but my biggest gripe is that it looks like it’s trying to out Nolan the Dark Knight trilogy. The Riddler with no real costume who is a “real world” killer (but maybe he’s not the killer?). The Batmobile that looks like a suped up street racer. I just wish we could get a Batman movie that was more comic accurate. Yes it should be dark, Batman is a dark character, but I would love to see them create a world that has a dark vibe but one in which a character like Clayface or Man-Bat could legitimately exist in. Batman perched on rooftops with Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl at his side. Pattinson was adamant that Batman “isn’t a superhero.” I don’t have high hopes that he’ll be too excited to add sidekicks to the mix.

Sadly, the most comic accurate Batman was the Affleck version but we didn’t get a full solo flick to explore that world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m sure The Batman will be a fine film but my biggest gripe is that it looks like it’s trying to out Nolan the Dark Knight trilogy. The Riddler with no real costume who is a “real world” killer (but maybe he’s not the killer?). The Batmobile that looks like a suped up street racer. I just wish we could get a Batman movie that was more comic accurate. Yes it should be dark, Batman is a dark character, but I would love to see them create a world that has a dark vibe but one in which a character like Clayface or Man-Bat could legitimately exist in. Batman perched on rooftops with Robin, Nightwing, or Batgirl at his side. Pattinson was adamant that Batman “isn’t a superhero.” I don’t have high hopes that he’ll be too excited to add sidekicks to the mix.

Sadly, the most comic accurate Batman was the Affleck version but we didn’t get a full solo flick to explore that world.
    Everyone is in the prototype stage, Batman may be Batman but he's not fully formed. Kind of like in Batman Begins. I hope we get more than a trilogy, so the setting can build for once.

i hope future films have other villains beyond those portrayed already in various films. also to have more of a mystery to solve rather than a fight sequence and explosion at the end.

Retired

I got the feeling of early 1970s Batman. The fact that he's at the crime scene and Gordon is talking to him. Grounded villains (early '70s almost completely did without the costumed villains). If his costume wasn't a suit of armour then it would be right in that ballpark.

I don't like the super-powered crooks in solo Batman movies--just as I don't in the comics. I tolerate the costumed crooks. But I want Batman's detective stories to be a semi-real world where the crimes he's trying to solve are at ground level. The Nolan movies were already going too much over into unrealistic villain territory.

Movies and comics where Batman teams up with super-heroes, I put in a different category. I just assume they are in another reality.

ok do you think they save the court for the third movie though? Or they have them appear here?
    Your guess is as good as mine. They shot only 25%-30% of the movie when the trailer came out. Reeves could use a very grounded Court of Owls and I hope he doesn't drag them out for more than one movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    i hope future films have other villains beyond those portrayed already in various films. also to have more of a mystery to solve rather than a fight sequence and explosion at the end.
    On Double Toasted they noticed the card had an owl on it, and how Reeves may be seeding the Court of Owls with how Gotham is so corrupt. That'd be wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    JJ Abrams is set to pen a Superman movie sometime in the coming future. Superman is not getting marginalised and Batman is not over-exposed.
    Superman and the Mystery of the Mysterious Boxes.