Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
I did very much enjoy the BOP movie itself, I think it's one of the better installments in the DCEU. But although Margot is perfect in the role and I appreciate the intent behind it if it was meant to attract people with Harley and get people into the Birds, it didn't pan out that well. Instead of it was a Harley movie that functioned as a back door pilot for a BOP spin off we most likely will not get unfortunately.

Not to mention it's just not going to sit completely right that Harley is pushed as the lead in a BOP movie when she has no connected to them in the comics, and the actual main lead (Barbara - as either Oracle or Batgirl) wasn't present. Harley is getting another chance in Suicide Squad, while the Birds are likely not going to be seen again. A noble attempt in intent, but I think BOP as a Harley vehicle is inherently flawed. Maybe Gotham Sirens would have worked better with a crossover with the Birds down the line and pit the two teams against each other.
Much like how lately Batman inspires Superman's costume, DC wants to make Harley a founding member of the BoP. Revisionist history is all the rage. As most suggested, Sirens would have been the way to go but I'm sure the powers that be shot it down since they live to put IP on hold for bigger projects and they had Catwoman coming in the Reeves film.

I thought the movie was fun, but yeah, it wasn't a BoP movie at all. It was a vanity project for Margot, but damn if it wasn't a good time.