Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The key difference is that Hal and Wally were created to be superhero protagonists and functioned that was for most of their histories and garnered fans based around that fact before their characters were thrown under the bus for dumb schlock storylines that fans wanted to see undone ASAP. They had to act extremely OOC for those stories to work.

Harley was created the be a villain. The first time we see her she is helping her boyfriend plan to blow up a room full of people. The story that fleshed out her backstory and made her more sympathetic still involved her trying to murder Batman and help the Joker disfigure Gordon. She shot to popularity while in the hands of her original creators and was shaped by them (a rarity with mainstream comic characters) and their final story for her originally ended with her death because it was the most appropriate punishment for assisting in torturing a child into insanity. Dini ended up not wanting to kill her so he wrote her in as an old lady in Beyond time, but that is probably the most convincing redemption she had: she just retired from crime, laid low and didn't bother anyone again and tried to make sure her granddaughters wouldn't go down the same path she did. That is a stronger indicator that she actually changed and wants to leave her old life behind her instead of her bouncing around in everyone's faces and being on the JL when she doesn't convincingly express remorse for what she's done.
    I think this is pretty on point, very much agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Heh, one of the better bits of writing in Injustice: someone on Team Superman confronts Batman over the fact he somehow trusts Harley enough to let her use the Bat-computer.

But yeah.... the irking part with Harley is how many people just want to magically absolve her of any crimes... no, just... no.Are they real Harley fans if they haven't read it though?
    I remember there were other Harley Quinn Black Label books. So it's not like they had to get all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I remember there were other Harley Quinn Black Label books. So it's not like they had to get all of them.
    I haven't read Criminal Sanity, but I do consider myself a Harley fan and did get her other Black Label book, Harleen. And I will gladly sing the praises of that book to anyone who'll listen.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I haven't read Criminal Sanity, but I do consider myself a Harley fan and did get her other Black Label book, Harleen. And I will gladly sing the praises of that book to anyone who'll listen.
    Harleen indeed deserves all the praise.

I think it's one of the few good uses of Harley outside of the DCAU.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Harleen indeed deserves all the praise.

I think it's one of the few good uses of Harley outside of the DCAU.
    That says a LOT given that DCAU was the original Harley.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Also, Hal died, spent 10 years trying to atone for his crimes as the Specter and even when he came back faced a great deal of hostility. Whereas Wally got locked up for what happened with Heroes in Crisis.
    Yes that’s what Harley is doing now but somehow people aren’t willing to give her the same benefit of changing. There seems to be a sliding scale on this forum as to who gets cut how much slack. The fact that there are appreciation threads for other characters who have done far worse things is a good example.