Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty gross how hard they are trying to sell us that character.
    DC isn't trying to sell you Harley they are merely meeting the high demand for Harley.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    This forum is weird. There's a lot of dislike for Batman himself here too. And Joker. This sometimes feels like Dick Grayson's (and to a lesser extent the general Batfamily's) forum and we all just post in it.
    That just shows you just how these forums don't reflect the views of the market.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty gross how hard they are trying to sell us that character.
    I could equally apply that to Batman and the Joker in my view.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I think it has to do with characterization in recent material? I will say that I loved her new cartoon that came out. Probably my fav DC related multimedia project since the WW movie
    I’d agree in as far that for me at least by the end of its run the writing on her solo title was verging on the unreadable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'll be the guy (hol'up, lemme grab my fedora and white cape) and also add that I think part of it was a bit of kneejerk misogyny when they initially started pushing for her that set the ton. it didn't help that DC went kinda aggressive hyping Harley up and capitalizing on her popularity. I think some fans didn't like seeing this secondary "female accent piece" character for the Joker getting that kind of marketing push seemingly out of the blue to "fit an agenda", since Harley happened to come up just as that agenda-cryer crowd started bubbling up as it's own little subculture on the nerddom space. much like Captain Marvel (i would say better than Captain Marvel initially) DC needed to break a big female character into this massively male-dominated and largely male-centric genre and there were some growing pains, which led to some quick fatigue. however, I think now that she's found her footing I think the dislike is pretty low despite what people on these types of platforms may make it seem. the fatigue is felt because we occasionally have people like Tom King who overplay the Harley hype a bit, but overall I think the character is more or less well-received.
    Shame there appears to be no like function on this forum for a lot of this post.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    She didn't embarrass them. Considering that this was written by King The Trinty over performed in this fight
    Don’t remind me about that title. Nice art shame about everything else.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oversaturation. I don't mind her showing up in titles where she should show up, like anything connected to Task Force X, Joker, Batman, Gotham City Sirens, Sanctuary (coz everyone's there), the Specials, or Brainiac's made-up Justice League, but having her sit in the Hall of Justice alongside Justice League members after Superman's unmasking is crossing the line. She has no business there and she's not supposed to be there. It's already pushing it that she's supposed to be a Suicide Squad member with a neck bomb and can freely go anywhere.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This forum is weird. There's a lot of dislike for Batman himself here too. And Joker. This sometimes feels like Dick Grayson's (and to a lesser extent the general Batfamily's) forum and we all just post in it.
    From what I've seen, the Dick fans don't express any serious dislike for Batman, Joker or Harley, it usually comes from other quarters.

Though with DiDio being blatant about wanting to sabotage Dick in favor of Bruce, frustration is pretty warranted and the damage isn't magically gone now that he is.

Astonishing Member

Personally I loved her as a villain, I just can't abide how she has become an anti hero or such

Actually on reflection I just can't stand her nowadays to the point I don't but any books she's the focus of

Same situation as marvels Deadpool for me

Too much of a good thing

Strangely I don't think that of batman, but then I feel he is a far superior character

Astonishing Member

Harley could work as an antihero, but DC skipped over her redemption arc and opted to pretend she did nothing wrong or justify all of her crimes with the 'LOL crazy and randumb' excuse.

I'm gonna have to second everyone saying the main issue is overexposure. I like Harley so I don't particularly mind seeing her everywhere. But for people who aren't fans of hers to begin with, I can understand why the obnoxious pedestal that DC puts her on would lead to some extreme dislike.

As someone said before, her soloing the Trinity like they were nothing didn't really help matters either. It's kinda like the same problem people have with Batman and all of his near impossible feats.

In my case, I like Bruce for the most part. Especially his DCAU counterpart. I just find his supporting cast to be way more interesting than him. That and...I'm just not a fan of how he's been written for the past couple of years (thanks in part to Tom King).

I don't really mind Harley, but i really dislike the voice Tara Strong does for her nowadays. I don't know why, i think she is forcing her voice a bit much? I don't remeber disliking this much in the previous games. The trailer for the Suicide Squad game is painful to watch every time she speaks.

I prefer her original voice (that's about the only thing I prefer about original Harley) but Tara's has actually grown on me. Especially in Injustice 2.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Harley could work as an antihero, but DC skipped over her redemption arc and opted to pretend she did nothing wrong or justify all of her crimes with the 'LOL crazy and randumb' excuse.
    I have never read a single Suicide Squad issue but isn't that the point of being on the Squad - paying for the crimes one has committed by participating in life-threatening missions?
    Hasn't Harley already redeemed herself?

I can't stand modern Harley. I think she is a terrible character that is way overexposed and gets shoved into too many books and stories where she ends up lowering the quality of them. She's been in basically every big DC story or event for years now, and I hate how they turned the Suicide Squad franchise into just a Harley Quinn promotional vehicle as well. The shift of trying to turn her into a generic hero and ignoring how she willingly joined the Joker and did horrible things has been so forced. Now they want her to be part of the Batman family or even on the Justice League because they want to sell her as a female hero. I don't think she is an interesting enough character to warrant such a massive push.