Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I don’t care about the character’s (any character’s) political position, I just never found him interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I don’t care about the character’s (any character’s) political position, I just never found him interesting.
    then have you considered these stories aren't for you? the personality, life experiences, and yes even the political views of a lot of the Milestone characters are far more integral to their character than a....*checks notes* Sgt Warlord? If your weren't compelled by Milestone beyond Static, then these stories just weren't made with you in mind; just like Milestone was made because comics weren't making comics with other demographics and sensibilities in mind. tis life, ya know?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Gears being gay on the show but it couldn't be stated out right. It was hinted if you saw the hints-I man not sure what he meant by that.
    As referenced here: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...erosexualToday

Since Static Shock couldn't show Richie being gay, they used this to help get that facet of his character across. (Confirmed by Word Of God.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Funny how you would consider "Black conservative" as being "out of touch", when the character came up during a time when freed Black supported the Republican Party, and would continue to support them en masse until the 1960s. LOL.
    I stand by what I said, Icon stayed conservative after the parties realigned in the 1960s- early 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    then have you considered these stories aren't for you? the personality, life experiences, and yes even the political views of a lot of the Milestone characters are far more integral to their character than a....*checks notes* Sgt Warlord? If your weren't compelled by Milestone beyond Static, then these stories just weren't made with you in mind; just like Milestone was made because comics weren't making comics with other demographics and sensibilities in mind. tis life, ya know?
    I considered it back then and came to that exact conclusion.
    But not because the themes being explored weren’t for me, but because they were being presented in a boring manner and/or using uninspired forgettable characters.

While I’ll certainly take a look at anything new that comes of this project if it’s more of the same as didn’t interest me last time it won’t interest me this time. In which case I’ll do what I usually do w. comics that don’t interest me, which is not buy them and not go into threads about them, as I’d have nothing positive to say.
    This thread being conjecture though, prior to anything actually coming out, I will post in, and voice my opinion.

I considered it back then and came to that exact conclusion.
    But not because the themes being explored weren’t for me, but because they were being presented in a boring manner and/or using uninspired forgettable characters.

While I’ll certainly take a look at anything new that comes of this project if it’s more of the same as didn’t interest me last time it won’t interest me this time. In which case I’ll do what I usually do w. comics that don’t interest me, which is not buy them and not go into threads about them, as I’d have nothing positive to say.
    This thread being conjecture though, prior to anything actually coming out, I will post in, and voice my opinion.
    I didn't say the themes weren't for you, nor am i saying you can't voice your opinion, i said the story isn't for you. Themes are universal, however, most of Milestone's properties we're deliberately presented to resonate with its audience's particular sensibilities by speaking to specific perspectives and taste like an comic. You can find plenty inspired about Milestone (it's why it is the cultural staple that it is), but what you find compelling, or not, about it is entirely up to your taste and sensibilities. Which with Milestone, it needs to be taken into account that sometimes stories that don't speak through you, won't speak to you. Dated, boring, these things are relative. Superman is the most dated superhero ever but because he resonated with his audience he's "timeless", even though I personally find an apolitical all-powerful farm boy boring; his stories just aren't for me. it's fine, if it ain't for you then it ain't for you, ya dig?

but hey man, not that you need my approval or nothing to do what you wanna do. I just saw you repeating how boring these characters were and i just felt like chiming in.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

ya dig?
    Word.

xxxxx

I didn't say the themes weren't for you, nor am i saying you can't voice your opinion, i said the story isn't for you. Themes are universal, however, most of Milestone's properties we're deliberately presented to resonate with its audience's particular sensibilities by speaking to specific perspectives and taste like an comic. You can find plenty inspired about Milestone (it's why it is the cultural staple that it is), but what you find compelling, or not, about it is entirely up to your taste and sensibilities. Which with Milestone, it needs to be taken into account that sometimes stories that don't speak through you, won't speak to you. Dated, boring, these things are relative. Superman is the most dated superhero ever but because he resonated with his audience he's "timeless", even though I personally find an apolitical all-powerful farm boy boring; his stories just aren't for me. it's fine, if it ain't for you then it ain't for you, ya dig?

but hey man, not that you need my approval or nothing to do what you wanna do. I just saw you repeating how boring these characters were and i just felt like chiming in.
    Superman's not always apolitical, the golden age Superman and Morrison's Action Comics Superman and Superman Smashes the Klan are more the stand up for the little guy and downtrodden type (which shouldn't be political, but such is our world).

Aaaaanyway, who are Icon’s enemies? Supporting cast? What kind of adventures should he be getting Into? Has his home planet ever been detailed? Are there any more survivors, or other aliens in the Milestone-verse?

Ultimate Member

Aaaaanyway, who are Icon’s enemies? Supporting cast? What kind of adventures should he be getting Into? Has his home planet ever been detailed? Are there any more survivors, or other aliens in the Milestone-verse?
    Yes.

We do discover where he came from and get to meet his people later on in the series.

Along with his wife during the 1920s.

Supporting cast included Buckwild (a take on Luke Cage and he did take over for Icon as Icon for a time).
    There is another female who took over for Rocket but I can't remember her name.

Adventures I do know he went into space once. I would guess whatever adventures a writer wants him to have. Hardware was fighting fake Predators in space in his book.

A lot of the stuff you are asking never made it to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

A lot of the stuff you are asking never made it to trade.
    That’s a shame. Thanks for the info though.
    It was nice to discuss actual hero-y stuff if only for a moment.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

That’s a shame. Thanks for the info though.
    It was nice to discuss actual hero-y stuff if only for a moment.
    What do you mean by actual hero-y stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    What do you mean by actual hero-y stuff?
    Icon’s rogues gallery, supporting cast, possible direction(s) for adventures, his home planet, other Aliens etc.

edit nevermind.

I'm a huge Blood Syndicate fan