Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I think you all may be forgetting, almost any force user should be able to pull the ring off the finger of a Lantern without much issue.
    Typically a ring has its own AI that allows it to fly to its host.

I doubt the force could yank a device that can go outer space flight while a competent ring wielded can just wreck their day with said device.

BANNED

I don’t see Sidious as greedy I guess, he basically discarded the empire once he lost his first body or whatever silliness the new canon is. In the EU I think he was kinda bored with it and pursued immortality, not sure.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I think you all may be forgetting, almost any force user should be able to pull the ring off the finger of a Lantern without much issue.
    Lanterns have autoshields as standard and rings are capable of independent flight at interstellar speeds.

Jedi and Sith are not a credible threat to any Lantern worth their salt. The amount of raw power and versatility they have at their disposal dramatically outstrips almost anything in SW.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Does it do that? I'm not up on all of my Orange ring information.
    It is literally one of the first things established about the orange light. Also, there's only one ring and Larfleeze isn't giving it up. The only way the Emperor gets a ring is if Larfleeze eats him and turns him into a construct slave.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...-battery-1.jpg
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 08-25-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Sorry, I mostly ignored the fanfic stuff on the previous page but I just have to say this...

Oa has been destroyed by the Death Star, their rings are depleted.
    ... this gave me a hearty chuckle. Moving a moon-sized battle station into the neighbourhood of Oa is going to get noticed by the Lanterns and the Guardians themselves. They would destroy it before they could even begin charging to fire.

I think even the 2011 Movie Lanterns would stomp the Star Wars verse.

Astonishing Member

Guardians have been said to be individual planet splitters and together they moved a galaxy. The Death Star off OA, might be crushed like a Coke can or sent happily into their sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Also the clones weren’t rage filled even when they attacked the Jedi, that’s one reason the Jedi didn’t sense the clones turning on them because they did it without emotion, they were basically just programmed to follow orders.
    Literally, with a chip.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Sorry, I mostly ignored the fanfic stuff on the previous page but I just have to say this...

... this gave me a hearty chuckle. Moving a moon-sized battle station into the neighbourhood of Oa is going to get noticed by the Lanterns and the Guardians themselves. They would destroy it before they could even begin charging to fire.
    Don't the lanterns essentially have a planet that's a green lantern? Pretty sure the death star won't want none of that.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Don't the lanterns essentially have a planet that's a green lantern? Pretty sure the death star won't want none of that.
    Yes. Mangog or something like that. A planet sized GL and he is fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yes. Mangog or something like that. A planet sized GL and he is fierce.
    That would be Mogo. Mogo was introduced in the short Green Lantern story 'Mogo Doesn't Socialize', where an entire planet is revealed to be Mogo in the twist ending. Mogo has since gone on to be very prominent in the Green Lantern lore, showing up whenever the Green Lanterns need him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yes. Mogo or something like that. A planet sized GL and he is fierce.
    Edit: I knew I screwed up spelling. Thank you.

Extraordinary Member

Does it do that? I'm not up on all of my Orange ring information.
    Yes. Palpatine would not be able to control his greed and he’d stop caring about the Empire’s health. There would be more rebellions and the GL’s would defeat him just because the threat of him having a ring is not worth it

Mighty Member

I think the Palpatine and Vader would have to start training Sith assassins to deal directly with the Green Lanterns individually in their space sectors, otherwise they could start to easily take the Empire out.

Hal Jordan in particular wouldn't have any problem in destroying a few Imperial Star Cruisers, and neither Vader or Palaptine can fly, so I imagine the Imperial Navy would get wiped out, which would force the Imperials into a ground war.

While greedy, I don't see Sidious being Orange. He inspires and revels in the fear he creates, even in Vader. So he would be Yellow, and would develop a plan of some sort to usurp the Yellows from Sinestro.