Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

I don't see any point in comparing Ramsey to any chef besides Flay, it's off topic

Ehhh I don’t mind at all, honestly. This is definitely educational and some of these restaurants I really wanna eat at one day.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Well, if we are going by stars, Ramsay has held a bunch and still holds 7-ish. Flay had one for one year IIRC at Mesa in Vegas. He gets obliterated there.

I would give Ramsay the sizeable edge as an executive chef, but Flay's experience with Iron Chefery and other game show nonsense might give him the edge in test one here.

Anyone saying that it's a limitation for a great restaurant chef to "only" have an hour to imagine a meal and deliver it from a well stocked kitchen has never worked in a kitchen however. That's plenty of time for non game-show contestants. This is why Iron Chefs rarely challenge real (great) chefs. Granted, it's not like those guys would accept: Alain Ducasse has literally nothing to gain by appearing on such a show.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It doesn't mean much insofar as Alain has more of a chance to get a Michelin star due to the sheer amount of restaurants compared to Ramsay.
    That’s not how a star is handed out, to get one star the food has to be pretty good beyond that the restaurant, good, service has to be perfect.

Only ever tried a Burger from Ramsay n it was pretty great, it was beaten by another burger a few days later though due to better service and toppings. But it was just a regular restaurant in Vegas.
    Last edited by Mider2009; 08-25-2020 at 02:40 AM.