Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman November 2020 Solicitations

Sounds like a boring month, to be honest...

WONDER WOMAN #766
    written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    art by STEVE PUGH
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    ON SALE 11/10/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    Count Vertigo does not like to be treated like a joke. Or...maybe he does? He’s kind of insane, after all. When Lord Industries’ psychic super-tech amps up the Count’s armies to deadly new heights, Wonder Woman sustains injuries that she may never recover from! But never fear, the “reformed” Maxwell Lord has Diana’s back...and as Diana will find out, he’s not afraid to stick a knife in!

WONDER WOMAN #767
    written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    art by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    ON SALE 11/24/20
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    The final battle between Maxwell Lord and Wonder Woman is here—and it’s winner take all in the war-torn nation of Vlatava! This rivalry has spanned many years and many timelines, but Diana of Themyscira has a thing or two to say to her adversary: “No more!” This will be a fight for the ages—we’ve seen the art, so we know! Plus, don’t miss the return of Liar Liar!

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #28
    written by RAM V
    art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    cover by KYLE HOTZ
    ON SALE 11/24/20
    No greater cost than this! As the Justice League Dark’s losses continue to mount, all of Zatanna’s training and adventures have led to a spell that will defeat the Upside-Down Man. But there is always a price. Wonder Woman, Detective Chimp, Doctor Fate, and Man-Bat must contend with their choices and decide how they will move forward after such an explosive ending.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #57
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    ON SALE 11/17/20
    “Doom Metal” part five of five! The Legion of Doom has been freed—and now they’re turning on their saviors—the Justice League! Teeth will gnash, knuckles will be bared, and Lex Luthor will make a decision that shocks everyone, including Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. The ending of this epic story leads directly into Dark Nights: Death Metal #5!

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #5
    written by SCOTT SNYDER
    art and cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    Swamp Thing variant cover by DAVID FINCH
    Perpetua variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    B. Rex variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    1:25 variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    1:100 black and white variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION
    ON SALE 11/17/20
    $4.99 US | 32 PAGES | 5 OF 7 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVERS
    The Darkest Knight has won. With absolute power at the villain’s fingertips, Wonder Woman and the rest of the DC heroes are nothing to him. As the Darkest Knight turns his sights to his true goal, remaking the Multiverse in his image, can Earth’s heroes rally together to make a last stand?

Writers using non-Wonder Woman villains in the Wonder Woman series wouldn't bother me as much if we saw her villains get decent (or even any) showings in non-WW books. I like Count Vertigo, but could his role really not be filled by any other villain that has appeared in Wonder Woman's 80 year history?

Disappointing to still see no official word on Historia, though who knows given Black Label's status at the moment, since that's when the movie's supposed to be released. Though that will be pushed back also.

Book I remain the most interested in at the moment is JLD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Writers using non-Wonder Woman villains in the Wonder Woman series wouldn't bother me as much if we saw her villains get decent (or even any) showings in non-WW books. I like Count Vertigo, but could his role really not be filled by any other villain that has appeared in Wonder Woman's 80 year history?
    Yeah, that's main gripe also. Other villains show up in hers but outside mostly of Injustice Gang/Legion of Doom stuff you don't see stuff like Circe messing around with Superman or Dr. Poison threatening Batman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm happy to see Count Vertigo getting some exposure as he's my favorite Green Arrow villain but you're right, he seems out of place here especially when they could have used an actual Wonder-rogue instead.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Even the solicit mentions Count Vertigo being seen as a joke, which...is he though ?

"This rivalry has spanned many years and many timelines," - Not really, though? She just snapped his neck once. I guess there's also the movie...

Well pretty much my only interest in seeing Max again seems to be shot, as he seems to still be villainous and will go out of this arc the same. Bummer.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I like Count Vertigo and Maxwell Lord, but I need less of them and more of Doctor Psycho, the Duke of Deception, Inversion, and other traditional Wonder foes.

Incredible Member

I'm excited about Justice League Dark. That title has had the best Diana, imho.

Incredible Member

I like this Joshua Middleton variant for 766! Not as crazy about the variant for 767.

Also, the JLA is showing up in Superman 27 & Aquaman 65, so we'll likely get a snippet of WW in those titles.

And, weirdly, there's a HC compilation coming out called "DC THROUGH THE ’80S: THE END OF ERAS" that includes the pre-crisis WW issues 311 & 312, which introduce Glitch the gremlin. A reprint...no one asked for?

Incredible Member

And on this cover for #766 are The Royal Flush Gang and...is that the Thinker (or maybe Blockbuster) in the lower right corner? I don't know who the other two are.

Screenshot (30).jpg
    Last edited by Frank; 08-25-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Is that a very thin Giganta?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I was wondering the same thing but didn't Tamaki say Maxwell Lord was the only established Wonder-rogue she would be using?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

I bet it is! The shin thingies threw me off. Maybe Vertigo is with w/ some iteration of the Suicide Squad?

These WW artist changes are so all over the place. I was going to try Tamaki's run, but I don't think DC cares too much about the book's quality.

Count Vertigo is a poor substitute for Angle Man.

Diana says "No MORE!",...and the return of Liar, Liar! What a hoot!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!