Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The avengers aren't the main top dogs, not anymore in the books.

There won't be an avengers vs x-men 2.0 because now the scales are balanced and marvel know who wins in ever metric.

The avenger's wont be the vaunted heroes that save the day in someone else's book because the artifical sense of importance that made everyone bow down to the avengers is gone, there is no more mandate to pretend they are the most important and powerfull team in the marvel universe, they aren't even conected to shield anymore.
    We shall see.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    We shall see.
    yes, i guess we will, maybe it will be the same day anyone outside aaron himself cares about what happens in the "flagship title" of "earth's mightiest heroes", and when the avengers have more than two teambooks!

I know It sorta sucks when the Military Industrial Complex superhero team isnt allowed to be authoritative in the name of "peace and justice" and no longer has the entire universe begging to lick their all american boots, but it's a brave new world!
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-14-2020 at 03:13 AM.

Yes. We get it. You like X-Men.

yes, i guess we will, maybe it will be the same day anyone outside aaron himself cares about what happens in the "flagship title" of "earth's mightiest heroes", and when the avengers have more than two teambooks!

I know It sorta sucks when the Military Industrial Complex superhero team isnt allowed to be authoritative in the name of "peace and justice" and no longer has the entire universe begging to lick their all american boots, but it's a brave new world!
    The War is coming, Krakoa will be divided.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The War is coming, Krakoa will be divided.
    storm is dancing the tango with war and is going to add him to her list of simps.

The X-Men are being set up for a fall again... and it's the X-mens architect writer Hickman which will be responsible for it.

Krakoa will share the same fate every other mutant nation will suffer. Flash forward a couple years and the X-Men will be back in the mansion champion Xaviers dream while Krakoa joins Utopia and Avalon and every other failed mutant settlement in the anals of history.

This may not be specifically an Avengers vs X-Men war... but a war is coming, and it's a war where the present status quo will lose. Though like AvX Krakoa itself wii likely be divided to the point where the X-Men lose but also win. I'd bet money Wolverine will end up on the winning side... probably Storm too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The X-Men are being set up for a fall again... and it's the X-mens architect writer Hickman which will be responsible for it.

Krakoa will share the same fate every other mutant nation will suffer. Flash forward a couple years and the X-Men will be back in the mansion champion Xaviers dream while Krakoa joins Utopia and Avalon and every other failed mutant settlement in the anals of history.

This may not be specifically an Avengers vs X-Men war... but a war is coming, and it's a war where the present status quo will lose. Though like AvX Krakoa itself wii likely be divided to the point where the X-Men lose but also win. I'd bet money Wolverine will end up on the winning side... probably Storm too.
    It can't be overstated how big an impact Hickman had on the Avengers and fairly recently. Fantastic Four, as well. Not to mention that he's more of a DC guy, at heart. The only reason he's not doing impressive runs over there is because Marvel snapped him up first. Of course with how fragile the house of cards is at Krakoa it might implode before the Avengers notice something's wrong over there.

This thread went to shit quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It can't be overstated how big an impact Hickman had on the Avengers and fairly recently. Fantastic Four, as well. Not to mention that he's more of a DC guy, at heart. The only reason he's not doing impressive runs over there is because Marvel snapped him up first. Of course with how fragile the house of cards is at Krakoa it might implode before the Avengers notice something's wrong over there.
    Hickman is definately marvels MVP. Every run he does seem to be a defining one.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hickman is definately marvels MVP. Every run he does seem to be a defining one.
    I think Marvel gives him want he wants to do and when he wants to do something else, he's got his other stuff at Image. Marvel just doesn't have as good a creator owned imprint. I can't prove it but even stingy Ike gave Hickman a bonus check because of the sales of his Secret Wars but he took that tweet down pretty quick at the time. So I don't remember the exact wording.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    once again, what autorithy do the avengers have?They aren't shield supported or even competent enough to be asked to help, they aren't the justice league, they aren't universaly respected or prestigious, especially compared to the x-men , and also they never show up to help but aparently always show up when it's time to mess things up for mutants?

And money speaks louder, we will see what happens to krakoa, i wish non x-men books weren't put into consideration for an x-men story, wich only cements how much I hate this shared universe cage.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-14-2020 at 09:18 AM.

BANNED

xavier's dream is a lie and hasn't been a thing that anyone actually belives in ever since xavier was kicked out in deadly genesis, the mansion is a shitty and tiny cage that the x-men have outgrown decades ago that is also a failed mutant settlement since its constantly being destroyed.

Lots of boring predictions based on nothing but speculation, but thankfully money speaks louder than the preconception that the x-men should be stuck in the 90's nostalgia ridden garbage.

Extraordinary Member

The avengers aren't the main top dogs, not anymore in the books.

There won't be an avengers vs x-men 2.0 because now the scales are balanced and marvel know who wins in ever metric.

The avenger's wont be the vaunted heroes that save the day in someone else's book because the artifical sense of importance that made everyone bow down to the avengers is gone, there is no more mandate to pretend they are the most important and powerfull team in the marvel universe, they aren't even conected to shield anymore.
    There'll be another Avengers vs. X-Men type of event but it will probably be a generic "Marvel Universe" type of thing, sort of like the Avengers barely existed as an organization in the last two Avengers movies and "Avengers" was just a generic title for non-mutant heroes teaming up. This is probably why they like Aaron's boring all-star lineup: if they appear in another book, it's just a collection of solo heroes and nobody has to care about the Avengers or what it means for them to show up.

Hickman sort of paved the way for this because his Avengers run really had nothing to do with the Avengers, and the book that was closest to his heart, New Avengers, wasn't about the Avengers at all, just a group of heroes from around the Marvel Universe.

I wish the Avengers would go back to being what they were from 1965 for a long time on - a collection of mostly B-list heroes who have a strong emotional bond to the group (Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Monica Rambeau, Vision) - with a couple of stars sprinkled in for sales purposes. And, yes, that kind of Avengers team wouldn't show up to fight the X-Men because they'd get their asses handed to them by the much more powerful and popular X-Men.

xavier's dream is a lie and hasn't been a thing that anyone actually belives in ever since xavier was kicked out in deadly genesis, the mansion is a shitty and tiny cage that the x-men have outgrown decades ago that is also a failed mutant settlement since its constantly being destroyed.

Lots of boring predictions based on nothing but speculation, but thankfully money speaks louder than the preconception that the x-men should be stuck in the 90's nostalgia ridden garbage.
    Xaviers dream will never completely die ... it is the foundation of the franchise. It's contasntly destroyed yes.. but unlike Utopia it also constantly returns.

The bottom line is marvel is not going to use their books to promote segregation. That line of thinking has ALWAYS been a dead end and ALWAYS will be.

But yes, money does speak louder than preconceptions. Which is EXACTLY why the present status quo will be gone. The X-Men will eventually be debuting in the MCU, and when they do it will look NOTHING like the X-Men we presently see in the comics. It'll instead resemble that allegedly boring 90's nostalgia ridden garbage you're so convinced won't be returning. Thankfully money speaks louder than preconceptions.

This is so tedious