Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Look at those resurrected on Krakoa. All of those characters were already confirmed dead. When Northstar went to the Five, they refused bc Aurora's death was not confirmed, which prompted the formation of X-Factor. Its hard to have a discussion with you when you flat out ignore the text on teh page. The duplication issue was explicitly addressed prior to X-Factor #1 in House of X and I gave you an example of when that was monitored
    Except there are holes in this, like why didn't Krkaao set up a large group to do this immediately? Why is X-factor needed at all? How are five people enough to confirm thousands of mutants at any given time? Hickman's set up Krakao to be a place where secrets have secrets, and the Quiet Council are not trustworthy by any stretch. The resurrected are also a big question mark, there are things we don't know and their government likes it that way. They're not going to tell Wanda anything other than not to resurrect those mutants even if she did go to them, and they wouldn't like snooping around when things start adding up. Of course that'd imply she was written like she usually is, instead off a dullard who can't do basic magic right because she's a plot device rather than a person.

Wanda isnt in Xavier's circle but its well known that Krakoa exists as a nation for mutants.
    It's an isolationist state which has problems treating humans with respect, and a history of deliberately breaking up families of former allies because Xavier wants to stock up on Omegas for shady reasons. No human is in Xavier's circle, this is how Xavier likes it. And every attempt he's "tried," which is now suspect post-HOX retcon, with Wanda has been a disaster for unknown reasons. She may as well stick to Dr. Strange, he at least pretends to be care in her social circle.

An influx of 16M is going to be on their radar. It was shortsighted of her to not consult Xavier prior to her spell or even warn him about what she had done after the fact
    This was all addressed in my post about her being written badly. She "warns" him he'll probably send X-Force after her, anyway. This Xavier would probably agree with Wolverine to kill her since she'd be a threat to his plan with Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except there are holes in this, like why didn't Krkaao set up a large group to do this immediately? Why is X-factor needed at all? How are five people enough to confirm thousands of mutants at any given time? Hickman's set up Krakao to be a place where secrets have secrets, and the Quiet Council are not trustworthy by any stretch. The resurrected are also a big question mark, there are things we don't know and their government likes it that way. They're not going to tell Wanda anything other than not to resurrect those mutants even if she did go to them, and they wouldn't like snooping around when things start adding up. Of course that'd imply she was written like she usually is, instead off a dullard who can't do basic magic right because she's a plot device rather than a person.
    You dont need a task force to confirm the deaths of the 16 million that died on Genosha. A task force wasnt needed to confirm the deaths of the X-men on the Orchis mission. One wasnt needed to confirm the deaths of the Academy X kids that blew up on the bus or the Hellions, or Changeling or Thunderbird, or Quentin Quire or the Cuckoos or the mutants killed during Rosenberg's run or the Morlocks or Synch, etc.... There are millions of mutant deaths that have already been documented. X-Factor exists to account for the mutants that have gone missing in the current era that may or may not be presumed dead. Krakoa already has a resurrection queue that will take 200 years to go through (at their current rate) without ever needing to investigate the missing mutants

This was all addressed in my post about her being written badly. She "warns" him he'll probably send X-Force after her, anyway. This Xavier would probably agree with Wolverine to kill her since she'd be a threat to his plan with Genosha.
    Thats more of an excuse. How she handled this was canon and her plan was poorly thought out.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it is what is wanda doesnt deserve any better, better hope for a recton to mirror her mcu version
    Who are you to say that Wanda doesn't deserve any better? Did you ever read her solo series by James Robinson? IMO that series did a lot to help rehabilitate her image in comics.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Who are you to day that Wanda doesn't deserve any better? Did you ever read her solo series by James Robinson? IMO that series did a lot to help rehabilitate her image in comics.
    It doesn't matter what Marvel does to the character. People were triggered by fiction 15 years ago so badly that they still are on this level of hatred.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

A lot of users in this thread are simply being disruptive or probably intentionally trolling in hopes to get a reaction. I don't understand why you guys keep on feeding. They obviously keep this thread alive because they enjoy the angry or bothered reactions. So, why keep paying them attention?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    it is what is wanda doesnt deserve any better, better hope for a recton to mirror her mcu version
    If by doesn't deserve any better you mean forgiveness of X-Men, great I don't give a F.
    If X-writers and X-fans can be so disgusted by her and leave her alone, I would be overjoyed.
    Yes, I like my fucking broken and rotten character over you precious jewel of Marvel, but she is not one of X-Men, so they have no right to use her after over a decade of service as their freaking plot device.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think Wanda fans just need to be patient, she´s going to have her own series and appear with Dr Strange in his movie. I think marvel on the comcis side is just holding the character off so they can be sure to have synergie with the MCU.I wish that was not the case but I get the feeling sooner or later most characters on the comics will be affected in a similar way.

I think it would be good for the Avengers to have again two main comics for the characters, the main title they have now and another where the most classic Avengers like Wanda can be. What the characters need is more oportunity to show on the comics away from the big avengers three Cap America, Thor and Iron Man so they can have their stories too.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think Wanda fans just need to be patient, she´s going to have her own series and appear with Dr Strange in his movie. I think marvel on the comcis side is just holding the character off so they can be sure to have synergie with the MCU.I wish that was not the case but I get the feeling sooner or later most characters on the comics will be affected in a similar way.

I think it would be good for the Avengers to have again two main comics for the characters, the main title they have now and another where the most classic Avengers like Wanda can be. What the characters need is more oportunity to show on the comics away from the big avengers three Cap America, Thor and Iron Man so they can have their stories too.
    There's a part of me that hopes you are right. But we don't know when Darkhold will be released. We are just waiting on that or the announcement of cancellation. It was pushed back and then we haven't heard anything else.

I was hopping to see Darkhold in the solicits for december I can only guess they pushed it back because they are not sure if her series is going to be out this year or the next and there´s a possibility Darkhold has some themes that we will see in the series and they don´t want to reveal them yet the good news is that it seems the writer did his homework, I heard he read Children´s Crusade, Wanda solo series, Nights of Wundagoere, etc so we at least can be sure he will have his canon in order.

I think what mostly is keeping most of this in pause appart from covid is that Falcon and the Winter soldier is not done yet filming and editing and this show and Wanda´s are connected so despite WandaVision being already done they still need to get Falcon and the Winter soldier out first, because a part of this series will have consequences on Wanda´s show, that´s my guess.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I was hopping to see Darkhold in the solicits for december I can only guess they pushed it back because they are not sure if her series is going to be out this year or the next and there´s a possibility Darkhold has some themes that we will see in the series and they don´t want to reveal them yet the good news is that it seems the writer did his homework, I heard he read Children´s Crusade, Wanda solo series, Nights of Wundagoere, etc so we at least can be sure he will have his canon in order.

I think what mostly is keeping most of this in pause appart from covid is that Falcon and the Winter soldier is not done yet filming and editing and this show and Wanda´s are connected so despite WandaVision being already done they still need to get Falcon and the Winter soldier out first, because a part of this series will have consequences on Wanda´s show, that´s my guess.
    Disney+ confirmed her show for this year on their Twitter, so it's likely still December. And will be before FatWS. I hope Chthon is in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Disney+ confirmed her show for this year on their Twitter, so it's likely still December. And will be before FatWS. I hope Chthon is in the show.
    That´s good news, yes I hope he is there too

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

The one thing that the X-Men fans can't deny is that as a movie franchise the X-Men are dead in the water. Dark Phoenix was a flop and Disney/Marvel has nothing in development right now. All the projects that are in the queue right now involve the Avengers, or the cosmic side of Marvel with the Eternals. There's a She-Hulk project in the works and rumors of a possible Fantastic Four launch. Despite the tragic death of Chadwick Boseman, the Black Panther sequel will probably get launched before any X-Men make it to the screen in a solo project. There's talk they may bring make Killmonger for that.

So there's more positive developments likely for Wanda that should filter down to the comics division.

I heard Kevin Feige is just going to do with the X-men what he did with the MCU Avengers, they will have them appear on different movie and series until they have their own movie, which I think it´s a good idea given there are way too many X-men and the problems the Fox movies had was that they could not give them space to develop the story of all of them.

Rogue can be with Ms Marvel,
    Wolverine with falcon and the winter soldier in Madripoor
    Storm in Black Panther
    Xavier with Dr Strange
    Magneto was going to have a scene on the first Cap America movie but Fox didn´t allow it. Kevin Feige said they were going to hold him off until the right time to reintroduce him, I am ok with it given he had a good run with Fassbender and McKellen on the Fox movies. Months ago there was talk of disney giving him a mini series to explain his origin, I don´t know if there are still plans for that but it would be pretty cool

So I am actually excited for the future of the X-men in the MCU but also for the Fantastic Four and Wanda.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-17-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Have Agatha bring up her past as a nanny, haha.

lol If Franklin is back with the FF4 she may as well appear after WandaVision is done