Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    There'll be another Avengers vs. X-Men type of event but it will probably be a generic "Marvel Universe" type of thing, sort of like the Avengers barely existed as an organization in the last two Avengers movies and "Avengers" was just a generic title for non-mutant heroes teaming up. This is probably why they like Aaron's boring all-star lineup: if they appear in another book, it's just a collection of solo heroes and nobody has to care about the Avengers or what it means for them to show up.

Hickman sort of paved the way for this because his Avengers run really had nothing to do with the Avengers, and the book that was closest to his heart, New Avengers, wasn't about the Avengers at all, just a group of heroes from around the Marvel Universe.

I wish the Avengers would go back to being what they were from 1965 for a long time on - a collection of mostly B-list heroes who have a strong emotional bond to the group (Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Monica Rambeau, Vision) - with a couple of stars sprinkled in for sales purposes. And, yes, that kind of Avengers team wouldn't show up to fight the X-Men because they'd get their asses handed to them by the much more powerful and popular X-Men.
    The Avengers did actually face the X-Men in the first X-Men vs Avengers mini back in the day. And the Avengers actually did pretty good in the fight. Never hurts to have a Captain Marvel and a Thor around.

Course the present X-Men is a different matter. It's every freaking mutant on the planet including the super villains. If the X-Men don't self implode (and they will IMO), it would take the combination of the entire super hero community to fight them if it came to that.

Again though if it comes to a war, I think the X-Men will again be divided. Guys like Wolverine and probably Storm will end up on the "right" side of history. They usually do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Xaviers dream will never completely die ... it is the foundation of the franchise. It's contasntly destroyed yes.. but unlike Utopia it also constantly returns.

The bottom line is marvel is not going to use their books to promote segregation. That line of thinking has ALWAYS been a dead end and ALWAYS will be.

But yes, money does speak louder than preconceptions. Which is EXACTLY why the present status quo will be gone. The X-Men will eventually be debuting in the MCU, and when they do it will look NOTHING like the X-Men we presently see in the comics. It'll instead resemble that allegedly boring 90's nostalgia ridden garbage you're so convinced won't be returning. Thankfully money speaks louder than preconceptions.
    Utopia has returned in the form of krakoa my dude, the foundation is mutants and it's characters, not whatever centrist nonsense xavier spews.

When people chose to move away and to join communities of their own, it's not segregation look up the meaning of words before using them please, thank you.

Two, I genuinly don't care about mcu x-men, i know they will never be the same as the books since its a completly difrent medium and continuity and I know MCU x-men will be vile mediocre garbage.

However their attempts at synergy have thankfully toned down since none have been sucessfull, the x-men have a fanbase outside the mcu so im not worried, they know people will buy the books either way. In the end the current status quo sells and has been easly the most sucessfull line launch in marvel for a decade or so.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-14-2020 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is so tedious
    it's tedious to have fans outside of the x-men fanbase demand that their characters be included and destroy a story that harms their sensibilities or whatever, because that's what the shared universe is for aparently lol.
    that's what's anoying genuinly and I have nothing but spite for the rest of marvel.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-14-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Utopia has returned in the form of krakoa my dude, the foundation is mutants and it's characters, not whatever centrist nonsense xavier spews.

When people chose to move away and to join communities of their own, then it's not segregation.

Two, I genuinly don't care about mcu x-men and their attempts at synergy have thankfully toned down, the x-men have a fanbase outside the mcu, so im not worried, they know people will buy the books either way, the current status quo sells and has been easly the most sucessfull line launch in marvel for a decade or so.
    Yeah... go ahead and run with the "status quo won't return" school of though. See how far that gets you in mainstream america comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah... go ahead and run with the "status quo won't return" school of though. See how far that gets you in mainstream america comics.
    Oh it will return, but in a book or two that will probably repeat the same drivel of garbage stories, then get canceled because turns out once you have interesting and inovative stories, you may not miss nostalgia.

X-men gold is barely remembered besides the wedding issue for a reason.

At then end im fine with boring nostalgia and non x-men fans having a mansion book to apease your "taste" , since a big line can and should catter to as many people as possible, but what grinds my gears is people wanting an entire refreshing and usefull concept that has given a home fitting to a sprawling and rich cast of characters and it's many teams and concepts to be removed because it makes you upset the historicaly grey x-men are having grey stories?
    Yeah american comics tend to go to a status quo, its one of it's mistakes however im not sure why you're so eager to have it return to stagnation, to embrace said flaw in comics. And for what? So we can complain about x-men having the same 4 stories? It's not outrageous to want a popular and inovative status quo to continue.

I'm not sure why it upsets some people, it's far more productive to request an uncanny x-men book or something if you want more x-men getting their explosive mansion stories.
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-14-2020 at 09:49 AM.

Oh it will return, but in a book or two that will probably repeat the same drivel of garbage stories, then get canceled because turns out once you have interesting and inovative stories, you may not miss nostalgia.

X-men gold is barely remembered besides the wedding issue for a reason.

At then end im fine with boring nostalgia and non x-men fans having a mansion book to apease your "taste" , since a big line can and should catter to as many people as possible, but what grinds my gears is people wanting an entire refreshing and usefull concept that has given a home fitting to a sprawling and rich cast of characters and it's many teams and concepts to be removed because it makes you upset the historicaly grey x-men are having grey stories?
    Yeah american comics tend to go to a status quo, its one of it's mistakes however im not sure why you're so eager to have it return to stagnation, to embrace said flaw in comics. And for what? So we can complain about x-men having the same 4 stories? It's not outrageous to want a popular and inovative status quo to continue.

I'm not sure why it upsets some people, it's far more productive to request an uncanny x-men book or something if you want more x-men getting their explosive mansion stories.
    Nothing about this upsets me in the least. They could stay on the island for all I care... I'm saying saying that won't happen. You have a society where the ruling council is made up for freaking super villains... what is someone actually supposed to think? Steve Wonder could see this coming. It's not a matter of what I necessarily want or don't want... I'm simply stating what I feel will obviously happen. Krakoa is a house of card ... and I'm not sure Hickman is trying all that hard to hide this fact. And that might be upsetting to people who like the current status quo... but if you're a Hickman fan, it's probably a good idea to NOT get too comfortable

But if it makes peole feel better, something like Krakoa will likely get a definative beginning, middle and end to it's story rather than being this endless nonstop thing that the standard status quo of comics always ends up being. Just like Utopia got. And after Krakoa we'll inevitably get something else. That's the glass half full if you want to see it that way.

it's tedious to have fans outside of the x-men fanbase demand that their characters be included and destroy a story that harms their sensibilities or whatever, because that's what the shared universe is for aparently lol.
    that's what's anoying genuinly and I have nothing but spite for the rest of marvel.
    There were x-fans that wanted X-Men in Avengers movies and games though, lol.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    There were x-fans that wanted X-Men in Avengers movies and games though, lol.
    That doesnt make it right. With that said, alot of X-men HAVE been Avengers in a way that it has never really been the case in reverse. It feels like the few Avengers that would later join an X-team, all primarily started off as X-men characters to begin with (Quicksilver, Firestar). Namor stands out as a notable exception
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-14-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That doesnt make it right. With that said, alot of X-men HAVE been Avengers in a way that it has never really been the case in reverse. It feels like the few Avengers that would later join an X-team, all primarily started off as X-men characters to begin with (Quicksilver, Firestar). Namor stands out as a notable exception
    Still doesn't mean that x-characters should be in it before classic Avengers. Can accept it a little more with Quicksilver. But the requests have been for ones like Jean Grey. And there's an annoying Jean fan on the Avengers Discord that won't drop that his character has no chance. People need a bit a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Still doesn't mean that x-characters should be in it before classic Avengers. Can accept it a little more with Quicksilver. But the requests have been for ones like Jean Grey. And there's an annoying Jean fan on the Avengers Discord that won't drop that his character has no chance. People need a bit a reality.
    Agreed. Wolverine is the only exception for me bc of his popularity and the fact that he was an Avenger for a long time across multiple teams/runs

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

This is no longer about Wanda. In many of these threads, it usually comes out that way. It’s about the rivalry between the X-Men and Avengers fans that has been built up for almost two decades by Marvel itself. And the fans that actively lean into it with such toxicity; as if you can’t be an X-Men fan and not hate Wanda or anything non-X, or that anything not one’s fandom is trash. It makes everything hostile, tense, and just not fun for a lot of people.

Maybe Marvel needs to start asking themselves if that’s really the kind of environment they want to build and contribute to.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 09-14-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Agreed. Wolverine is the only exception for me bc of his popularity and the fact that he was an Avenger for a long time across multiple teams/runs
    I'd personally love Rogue. But doubt that'd happen. Wolverine would stand a better chance but isn't among the datamined characters. So far it seems very classic Avengers and movie Avengers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When people chose to move away and to join communities of their own, it's not segregation look up the meaning of words before using them please, thank you.

Two, I genuinly don't care about mcu x-men, i know they will never be the same as the books since its a completly difrent medium and continuity and I know MCU x-men will be vile mediocre garbage.

However their attempts at synergy have thankfully toned down since none have been sucessfull, the x-men have a fanbase outside the mcu so im not worried, they know people will buy the books either way. In the end the current status quo sells and has been easly the most sucessfull line launch in marvel for a decade or so.
    I think that's mainly because of Hickman bringing in the curious non X-Men fans. I've picked up his run but to tell the truth it's not something I rush to read. I'm about 5 issues behind. Now on the other hand, I can't wait until Doom's solo returns next week but that's not going to surprise anyone here

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think that's mainly because of Hickman bringing in the curious non X-Men fans. I've picked up his run but to tell the truth it's not something I rush to read. I'm about 5 issues behind. Now on the other hand, I can't wait until Doom's solo returns next week but that's not going to surprise anyone here
    Have you read HOX/POX bc those were amazing. His ongoing is nowhere near as good and actually starts off a bit disapponting but eventually picks up and its been solid in recent issues.. The best material however isnt in his ongoing as X-Force has done amazing stuff with the current status quo. Hickman's New Mutant issues are still my favorite and Maraurders has been a fun ride. Hicmnan's ongoing primarily exists to build the world and we are seeing those nuggets play out elsewhere and/or being set up for future plotlines

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Have you read HOX/POX bc those were amazing. His ongoing is nowhere near as good and actually starts off a bit disapponting but eventually picks up and its been solid in recent issues.. The best material however isnt in his ongoing as X-Force has done amazing stuff with the current status quo. Hickman's New Mutant issues are still my favorite and Maraurders has been a fun ride. Hicmnan's ongoing primarily exists to build the world and we are seeing those nuggets play out elsewhere and/or being set up for future plotlines
    I just can't get interested in the characters themselves quite honestly. Gave up on their convoluted history years ago. It's a chore to read the titles IMO.