Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Goddess blessings and Amazon training. The blessings separate her from the other Amazons as one step above (at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I like the "explanation" that although Wonder Woman is essentially bulletproof, she uses her bracelets to deflect and redirect bullets to prevent them from ricocheting off her body and injuring nearby civilians and non-bulletproof colleagues / superheroes, friends and even villains.

I'm also generally happy with the "further" explanation that "bullets vs. bracelets" is a time honoured Amazonian tradition / rite of passage and that Diana mastered that skill before she knew that she was bulletproof and she relies upon her training instinctively instead of just standing there and being hit by bullets. Further, as a skilled tactician and warrior, Diana would know that she can't possibly foresee the true nature of ALL projectiles aimed at her (e.g. a "magic" bullet designed / crafted to kill gods / demigods), so she takes the prudent approach of deflecting bullets in the same way that she would also deflect sword strikes or even blunt force injuries because she is wise enough to know that one can never know the true limitations or abilities of the weapon or the wielder of that weapon.
    Good explanations for why she does block bullets. Personally, I'd have one of her abilities be able to see and sense magic (and she has shown this ability before) so she would know what weapons are or aren't going to hurt her. Maybe she doesn't start out with this ability but gains it the way she did her grey eyes.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I’m curious with God mode if she wasn’t the daughter of Zeus what would it be. That also makes sense. Diana is holding herself back so she wouldn’t be at her full potential. I do think that bullets should damage her but she shouldn’t be killed by them. Deeply damaged.

The issue is with or without bulletproof she can harm people. So she still needs bracelets and bracelets. Also Diana is trained she just wants to never be caught off guard. She doesn’t need if that gullet could be something else. Not only that but after a while somethings due just become natural reflexes. So her blocking bullets could just be a natural reflexes. It could also remind her of home. An Amazonian game

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I like the "explanation" that although Wonder Woman is essentially bulletproof, she uses her bracelets to deflect and redirect bullets to prevent them from ricocheting off her body and injuring nearby civilians and non-bulletproof colleagues / superheroes, friends and even villains.

I'm also generally happy with the "further" explanation that "bullets vs. bracelets" is a time honoured Amazonian tradition / rite of passage and that Diana mastered that skill before she knew that she was bulletproof and she relies upon her training instinctively instead of just standing there and being hit by bullets. Further, as a skilled tactician and warrior, Diana would know that she can't possibly foresee the true nature of ALL projectiles aimed at her (e.g. a "magic" bullet designed / crafted to kill gods / demigods), so she takes the prudent approach of deflecting bullets in the same way that she would also deflect sword strikes or even blunt force injuries because she is wise enough to know that one can never know the true limitations or abilities of the weapon or the wielder of that weapon.
    I buy that Wonder Woman is fast and skillful enough she can make sure the bullet ricochet safely, but this doesn't explain why this is not a problem for the Superfamily

The second answer is better

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious about God mode if she wasn’t the daughter of Zeus what would it be. That also makes sense. Diana is holding herself back so she wouldn’t be at her full potential.
    How about more of a Limit Break? She always has the power, it doesn't have a limiter like the bracelets, she just never had to use it unless things are really dire or can't use it until all her adrenaline is rushing to the max, and there's a penalty of exhaustion after that, kinda like Superman's supernova
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-25-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because her being able to fly and being bulletproof don't add anything to her character and take away iconic parts of her. They make her less unique and more generic.

1. I don't think the Amazons should worship any male gods, it doesn't make sense for their characters
    2. I can't think of anything more anti-thetical to Diana's character than being a general
    3. I don't think Diana should ever wield a sword, and a shield is completely redundant when she has the bracelets
    Her flight doesn't take options away from her. It gives her more options. Specially when she has to face flying bricks.

Her "iconic" blocking bullets move is not even relevant anymore. She almost never uses her bracelets nowadays. It's all shield and sword. So your logic that she must be weak to bullets because her bracelets trick is iconic doesn't work. Because DC has made WW forgot all about her bracelet and have her using a shield all the time now. And it's been these way fro years. She is more generic now with the sword and shield thing, than if she was bulletproof. And no, having that weakness is not easier for writers to use. Because they literally earse her other super powers everytime they want her to get shot. All of a sudden her super speed, skills a d healing factor disappear magically the moment a writer decides that he/she wants WW getting shot to create a "dramatic" moment. That's the defination of bad and lazy writing. Her stories don't have to suffer jus because she is bulletproof. She can be bulletproof and still have great stories and use her bracelets. Something she almost never does nowadays.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 08-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.

"Life and Death"

So in other words, weaknesses that can barely be used at all because you can't have Diana nearly get killed in every story line.

Bringing up bad writing is irrelevant, all ideas can be written badly
    That's because a character in WW's power tier shouldn't be in a nearly killed situation at all when facing humans just because there are guns around.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious with God mode if she wasn’t the daughter of Zeus what would it be. That also makes sense. Diana is holding herself back so she wouldn’t be at her full potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

How about more of a Limit Break? She always has the power, it doesn't have a limiter like the bracelets, she just never had to use it unless things are really dire or can't use it until all her adrenaline is rushing to the max, and there's a penalty of exhaustion after that, kinda like Superman's supernova
    I like the idea that Diana's "super" mode is the witch mark. Its something different, something that isn't just a stat booster like god mode. She has access to powerful magics and abilities. You can even use that as a way to bring in her more obscure GA powers.

The limit break is also pretty cool, like it's her power she just never really gets to cut loose.

I also like the idea that she can increase her healing speed at the cost of her energy.

Which is where if we wanted her to pierce weakness can come in. Her healing factor is already quick but the more damage the easier it is. With her God mode if it wasn't due to Zeus. Should it be the consequence of being the Champion? With many of the greek myths, There was always a price in a sense for being the best. So Diana must wear the bracelets. Maybe with the bracelets, she can be on point with Flash most so than she already is. Wha were her more obscure GA powers? I know she could astral project.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Some peope really want Diana to become a street level or a brick uh

For me she should have her ability to fly, she looks more like a demi god with it, not sure why it is a problem for WW to have it when tons of other ''generic heroes'' have it

Diana being bulletproof don't work, her bracelets are too iconic for the character and she being bulletproof would take that, i would say she should be bulletproof when she enters in God Mode when she removes her bracelets.
    Because Diana already has a more unique means of travel that becomes redundant if you give her flight. It's like giving Spider-Man the ability to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Her flight doesn't take options away from her. It gives her more options. Specially when she has to face flying bricks.

Her "iconic" blocking bullets move is not even relevant anymore. She almost never uses her bracelets nowadays. It's all shield and sword.
    1. It's takes options away from the writer
    2. The answer to shitty writing is not to abandon good ideas

But everything that is genric can be made good also. You are also wrong that it takes options away from writers. Any good writer can make almost any good generic storyline work or power. Spiderman has technically flown. So you're just nitpicking. I showed you proof the Amazons had swords and shields in Marston's era. Perez is one of the best writers Perez helped make Diana popular again. He was the one to give her flight and helped popularize many of her villains and her.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-25-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Because Diana already has a more unique means of travel that becomes redundant if you give her flight. It's like giving Spider-Man the ability to fly.

1. It's takes options away from the writer
    2. The answer to shitty writing is not to abandon good ideas
    WW is not spiderman. She was created from day 1 to be a powerhouse and fight major threats. It is very normal for heroes in her tier to be anle to fly. Superman doesn't own the rights to the power of flight. That is something that has been there in the fictional world way before him. So nobody is coping him just because of having the ability to fly. Flight gives her more options in her stories, specially when she has to fight.

And who said that bullets weakness is a good idea? Nobody has ever writen that weakness in an interesting and creative way. It's far from being unique.

Extraordinary Member

WW is not spiderman. She was created from day 1 to be a powerhouse and fight major threats. It is very normal for heroes in her tier to be anle to fly. Superman doesn't own the rights to the power of flight. That is something that has been there in the fictional world way before him. So nobody is coping him just because of having the ability to fly. Flight gives her more options in her stories, specially when she has to fight.

And who said that bullets weakness is a good idea? Nobody has ever writen that weakness in an interesting and creative way. It's far from being unique.
    1. And she had her own method of travel that was unique to her. Taking that away makes her less unique. Her being a powerhouse on par with Superman, but who can't fly like he can, that's a unique character.

And no, Flight does not create more options for her stories. No one has been able to name a single thing that Self-powered flight gives her which the jet cannot also do. There is no where that she can fly under her own power than the jet cannot take her. Meanwhile, the Jet is an object that damaged or stolen, meaning that the writer can tell stories where Diana gets trapped that would not work with a Diana who can fly. Those are stories that giving her flight takes away.

2. I did, because it at has actual potential to be interesting.

1. And she had her own method of travel that was unique to her. Taking that away makes her less unique. Her being a powerhouse on par with Superman, but who can't fly like he can, that's a unique character.

And no, Flight does not create more options for her stories. No one has been able to name a single thing that Self-powered flight gives her which the jet cannot also do. There is no where that she can fly under her own power than the jet cannot take her. Meanwhile, the Jet is an object that damaged or stolen, meaning that the writer can tell stories where Diana gets trapped that would not work with a Diana who can fly. Those are stories that giving her flight takes away.

That doesn't make her unique.

For instance. Her flight allows her to fight other flying powerhouses more effectively. The writers can tel stories where she gets trapped with or without the jet.

You are not a writer at DC. So far, the whole concept has only been shown in mediocre ways that lead to pathetic showings for a high tier like her. And having an specific weakness to bullets doesn't make her unique either. It makes her just as killable as you and me, that's just how unique that weakness is.

Extraordinary Member

That doesn't make her unique.
    Yes it does
    For instance. Her flight allows her to fight other flying powerhouses more effectively. The writers can tel stories where she gets trapped with or without the jet.
    No, she can't be trapped in a place if she can just fly away at any time. And being more 'effective' doesn't add anything to the story

Tell me, why is your view on Diana so fragile that allowing her to fly and being bulletproof instantly turns her into a generic hero not worth reading?

Flight has given us new and badass action sequences, new fight choreography, and a better power fantasy. Wonder woman does battle against an evil superman over the city or stopping a space ship from falling onto a building. It has only ever brought positives but you choose not to see that because your too dense to see anything else. You say it turns her generic but, that's not true. It lets her hang with the other super powered beings on her level, its says "hey I can do it on my on too" and that's the point that Diana is treated no different then any of the other super powered beings. I mean you want proof of that, watch the new movie trailer reactions and how many people got excited thinking she was going to fly soon. People use planes to fly all the time, its boring and not fun. Flying is an ultimate power fantasy that people love seeing.

Trapped? where? on a island or something? NO. you think way to small. Diana has been trapped in other dimensions, planets, in subatomic worlds, Hell, heck she's even been trapped in the world under our world.

Your idea of interesting boils down to someone distracting Diana while they go after civilians or Diana's loved ones, which.... wow.... so new... how creative. She suddenly looses her superspeed and intelligence because she got distracted and isn't faster than a bullet.