Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sciquest2525 View Post
    Coming to this lately, my opinion is that I prefer a demigoddess to being living clay.
    Zeus's illegitimate child would make Hera a problem.
    I would keep the flying but she could use the jet for passengers and cargo that she can't carry by herself or having performance that she cannot match like high altitude.
    Jet has big problem-needs fuel, lots of fuel to go places. Suggest nuclear power plant such as fusion reactor with aneutronic reactions to avoid radiation problems.
    X-Men jet had same problems. Too short on range. Could be the mobile base.
    Shapeshifting?Ah....don't know about that one.
    Basically, she is Superman's magical equal, that is, she has the magically powered equivalence to Superman in terms of strength and durability.
    In BvS, her sword cut off Doomsday's hand and pierced his ankle, causing him pain.
    The shield and bracelets are both able to standup to Doomsday's heat vision and protect another as she protected Batman with shield and bracelets.
    She has been depowered enough for my taste and let's drop Rucka's origin.
    Clarify Amazons having what powers and abilities and do they have technology or are still in bow and arrow stage?
    I do not mind her being a demigoddess (even though Cassie was a demigoddess first) it brings family drama although it makes her similar to Shazam in terms of powers and her being the daughter of one of Shazam's patrons but still retains who she is. She could be born as a demigoddess and the gifts of the gods could bestow her with further augmentation and power of flight. But I could see why people are not too fond of the demigoddess story and prefer her being blessed and brought to life by the gods.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-10-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I do not mind her being a demigoddess (even though Cassie was a demigoddess first) it brings family drama although it makes her similar to Shazam in terms of powers and her being the daughter of one of Shazam's patrons but still retains who she is. She could be born as a demigoddess and the gifts of the gods could bestow her with further augmentation and power of flight. But I could see why people are not too fond of the demigoddess story and prefer her being blessed and brought to life by the gods.
    Diana was always above the power of a demigod. I like to think of her as a lesser goddess, someone that is more powerful than like Hercules but not quite in the same ring as Ares or Athena. She is above a first generation demigod but below a second generation Olympian. Her witchmark allows her to fight Olympians like Ares though, even tussle with Zeus or Poseidon.

She is also by definition more powerful than anyone in the SHAZAM family. Example: Billy has the strength of Hercules, so anything Herc can do Billy can do as well. Diana is stronger than Hercules, has proved it plenty of times, so naturally Diana is stronger than Shazam. She also has access to Zeus's lightning.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Diana was always above the power of a demigod. I like to think of her as a lesser goddess, someone that is more powerful than like Hercules but not quite in the same ring as Ares or Athena. She is above a first generation demigod but below a second generation Olympian. Her witchmark allows her to fight Olympians like Ares though, even tussle with Zeus or Poseidon.

She is also by definition more powerful than anyone in the SHAZAM family. Example: Billy has the strength of Hercules, so anything Herc can do Billy can do as well. Diana is stronger than Hercules, has proved it plenty of times, so naturally Diana is stronger than Shazam. She also has access to Zeus's lightning.
    I see both Diana and Billy in the same overall power scale unless they show more of Shazam's spellcasting since he is supposed to be the champion of magic. I would like to see them interact more since she has more similarities to Billy than Clark due to their powers coming from the Greco-Roman Pantheon (even though Billy has Solomon and he was bestowed by The Wizard), with Diana's power over Zeus' lightning she could pretty much turn him back to his mortal form or maybe he might absorb or control it would be cool to see. Lesser goddess is a good term for her since she is still a physical being with divine enchantments (IIRC I don't think she have the witchmark no more could be wrong though).

For some reason I see Wonder Woman's powers operate almost similar to Chi (inherent amazonian physicality and flow of divine energy woven in physical form) and Aura (divine gifts) in contrast to Homo Magi whose powers operate similar to Aura and Mana. I did not put empathy as part of her power-set as I always felt that it was a part of her that can be developed if you are an empathic individual, though it rarely reaches the same level as the actual power.

Divine Empowerment
    Source: Bestowed

Aphrodite
    - Enhanced Charisma
    - Enhanced Socialness
    - Supernatural Beauty

Artemis
    - Animal Empathy and Communication
    - Enhanced Tracking
    - Hunting and Survival Intuition
    - Superhuman Accuracy
    - Superhuman Senses

Athena
    - Combat Perception
    - Encyclopedic Knowledge of history, art, arcane lore, military, war, languages, literature and mathematics
    - Psychic Resistance
    - Superhuman Perception
    - Superhuman Wisdom

Hermes
    - Accelerated Healing
    - Flight, via tapping into her divine energy
    - Superhuman Agility
    - Superhuman Speed
    - Superhuman Reflexes

Demeter
    - Superhuman Strength
    - Superhuman Stamina
    - Superhuman Durability
    - Superhuman Endurance
    - Resistance to High Temperature
    - Immunity to all Earth's diseases and poisons

Olympian-Amazonian Demigoddess Physiology
    Source: Amazonian Heritage and Birthright
    - Enhanced Physical Attributes (Amazonian Heritage)
    - Divine Lightning Generation (Divine Birthright)
    - Divine Mode: Increasing physical capabilities and could potentially go into either a near-controlled or a berserk state (Divine Birthright)
    - Agelessness/Functional Immortality (Amazonian Heritage)
    - Advanced Immune System (Amazonian Heritage)

Vulnerabilities:

Vulnerability to Extreme Damages:
    Despite Diana having immunities/resistances, she is not invulnerable. Her body is highly resistant but has limits such as a vulnerability to piercing weapons, extreme blunt force or engaging with a being of equal or greater power so she needs to rely on strategy.

Vulnerability to Radion:
    As an offspring of an Old God. She has a weakness to Radion but to a lesser effect compare to full-blooded old gods.

Bodily Necessities Dependency:
    Despite Diana's bodily necessities being greatly reduced. She still needs to eat, sleep/rest, drink, air/breathe, shelter from environmental effects, etc. She cannot adapt in an airless environment such as being in underwater or the vacuum of space so she needs to wear a special suit or breathing apparatus.

Lack of Expertise:
    Although not necessarily a weakness. While she does possesses innate/instinctual encyclopedic knowledge. It does not mean that she always has the necessary intelligence to use the knowledge effectively. Knowledge doesn't necessarily equal skill or experience. She may know about arcane lore, and able to employ some amazonian rituals but she is not as well versed in the expertise of arcane such as Dr Fate, Constantine and Zatanna.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-10-2020 at 07:42 AM.

I see both Diana and Billy in the same overall power scale unless they show more of Shazam's spellcasting since he is supposed to be the champion of magic. I would like to see them interact more since she has more similarities to Billy than Clark due to their powers coming from the Greco-Roman Pantheon (even though Billy has Solomon and he was bestowed by The Wizard), with Diana's power over Zeus' lightning she could pretty much turn him back to his mortal form or maybe he might absorb or control it would be cool to see. Lesser goddess is a good term for her since she is still a physical being with divine enchantments (IIRC I don't think she have the witchmark no more could be wrong though).
    I always figured Clark, Diana, and Billy are all generally around the same strength level just Billy lags behind them because of the whole child in adult’s body means he’s less aquatinted with his abilities then they are.

Would like to see them interact more also, mainly because after reading JLD I’d prefer seeing Diana interact more with characters like them instead of the standard JL lineup she’s grouped in with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I always figured Clark, Diana, and Billy are all generally around the same strength level just Billy lags behind them because of the whole child in adult’s body means he’s less aquatinted with his abilities then they are.
    True, that's what I always thought. Billy is supposed to be Superman's physical equal in terms of strength. Makes senses that Billy is a little bit lower because he is just a kid who has not fully grasp his divine power.

Would like to see them interact more also, mainly because after reading JLD I’d prefer seeing Diana interact more with characters like them instead of the standard JL lineup she’s grouped in with.
    Would like to see him in JLD and to see what is his place in magic since he is the champion of magic and he has extensive lore which has the rock of eternity and the seven deadly sins which could possibly be tied to Trigon, and it was good to see Diana being around the magic community she was always divorced from the full mystical side of the universe and stuck to the realm of fighting gods which seems like her comfort zone before she was inserted into JLD, and now she fits in with other supernaturals of the dark community (JLD) as the liaison of the light (Justice League). Also, I would like to see Aquaman join as well since he is quite similar to WW wielding divine weaponry and he is the King of Atlantis where Homo Magi originates from.

I mean if anything the demigoddess origin could just have come from her mother due to Ares not due to Zeus. Makes things more interesting.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-10-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

True, that's what I always thought. Billy is supposed to be Superman's physical equal in terms of strength. Makes senses that Billy is a little bit lower because he is just a kid who has not fully grasp his divine power.

Would like to see him in JLD and to see what is his place in magic since he is the champion of magic and he has extensive lore which has the rock of eternity and the seven deadly sins which could possibly be tied to Trigon, and it was good to see Diana being around the magic community she was always divorced from the full mystical side of the universe and stuck to the realm of fighting gods which seems like her comfort zone before she was inserted into JLD, and now she fits in with other supernaturals of the dark community (JLD) as the liaison of the light (Justice League). Also, I would like to see Aquaman join as well since he is quite similar to WW wielding divine weaponry and he is the King of Atlantis where Homo Magi originates from.
    Wonder Woman is also supposed to be Superman's equal. But just like shazam, it's not kike we see much of that in actual fights. I think we have many of these situations. Characters that are meant to be this or that. But still are left in just the statement instead of actually showing it.

For some reason I see Wonder Woman's powers operate almost similar to Chi (inherent amazonian physicality and flow of divine energy woven in physical form) and Aura (divine gifts) in contrast to Homo Magi whose powers operate similar to Aura and Mana. I did not put empathy as part of her power-set as I always felt that it was a part of her that can be developed if you are an empathic individual, though it rarely reaches the same level as the actual power.

Divine Empowerment
    Source: Bestowed

Aphrodite
    - Enhanced Charisma
    - Enhanced Socialness
    - Supernatural Beauty

Artemis
    - Animal Empathy and Communication
    - Enhanced Tracking
    - Hunting and Survival Intuition
    - Superhuman Accuracy
    - Superhuman Senses

Athena
    - Combat Perception
    - Encyclopedic Knowledge of history, art, arcane lore, military, war, languages, literature and mathematics
    - Psychic Resistance
    - Superhuman Perception
    - Superhuman Wisdom

Hermes
    - Accelerated Healing
    - Flight, via tapping into her divine energy
    - Superhuman Agility
    - Superhuman Speed
    - Superhuman Reflexes

Demeter
    - Superhuman Strength
    - Superhuman Stamina
    - Superhuman Durability
    - Superhuman Endurance
    - Resistance to High Temperature
    - Immunity to all Earth's diseases and poisons

Olympian-Amazonian Demigoddess Physiology
    Source: Amazonian Heritage and Birthright
    - Enhanced Physical Attributes (Amazonian Heritage)
    - Divine Lightning Generation (Divine Birthright)
    - Divine Mode: Increasing physical capabilities and could potentially go into either a near-controlled or a berserk state (Divine Birthright)
    - Agelessness/Functional Immortality (Amazonian Heritage)
    - Advanced Immune System (Amazonian Heritage)

Vulnerabilities:

Vulnerability to Extreme Damages:
    Despite Diana having immunities/resistances, she is not invulnerable. Her body is highly resistant but has limits such as a vulnerability to piercing weapons, extreme blunt force or engaging with a being of equal or greater power so she needs to rely on strategy.

Vulnerability to Radion:
    As an offspring of an Old God. She has a weakness to Radion but to a lesser effect compare to full-blooded old gods.

Bodily Necessities Dependency:
    Despite Diana's bodily necessities being greatly reduced. She still needs to eat, sleep/rest, drink, air/breathe, shelter from environmental effects, etc. She cannot adapt in an airless environment such as being in underwater or the vacuum of space so she needs to wear a special suit or breathing apparatus.

Lack of Expertise:
    Although not necessarily a weakness. While she does possesses innate/instinctual encyclopedic knowledge. It does not mean that she always has the necessary intelligence to use the knowledge effectively. Knowledge doesn't necessarily equal skill or experience. She may know about arcane lore, and able to employ some amazonian rituals but she is not as well versed in the expertise of arcane such as Dr Fate, Constantine and Zatanna.
    Pretty much agree with all this, though I'd use a few more gods for some of her abilities. And I'd replace her "god-mode" with the witchmark, which lets her use her more magical attacks and powers.

Radion is also a weakness of New Gods, correct? Is it just an element like Kryptonite or something more? Personally, I think she should have a piercing weapons weakness, just not human made ones. I hope the lack of expertise weakness is specifically about magic and not like tactics/strategy or general wisdom, considering the 3000+ years she's been alive and the fact that she 100% would be studying in the library as well as warrior training.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if anything the demigoddess origin could just have come from her mother due to Ares not due to Zeus. Makes things more interesting.
    Diana always had a connection to the Olympians without being Zeus's daughter. Hippolyta is in myth the daughter of Ares, that would make Diana Zeus's great grand-daughter. You still keep the blood ties without the need to inject Zeus in the origin outside of granting her magic god lightning to fight Ares.

Yea, the "gap" in strength between the heavy hitters is so minor that it should generally be ignored or only worried about in a bench pressing contest. From what I've seen its usually: Superman>Wonder Woman>Shazam>Martian Manhunter>Captain Atom. etc... I hope we get to see more of Lana Lang as Superwoman and she gets put up there, from what I've seen she just needs a writer to really cut lose with her.

When it comes to magic one thing whether it be clay or no clay origin. I often thought she should have a high tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    When it comes to magic one thing whether it be clay or no clay origin. I often thought she should have a high tolerance
    And she often does. Diana often fairs better in run ins with magic villains compared to other heroes like Superman or Green Lantern.

Diana always had a connection to the Olympians without being Zeus's daughter. Hippolyta is in myth the daughter of Ares, that would make Diana Zeus's great grand-daughter.
    I've noted that you bring that up a lot, more or less as fact.

First, the references to Hippolyta being Ares's daughter are very few. The only one that I can find is from the Fabulae, and that means it's Roman, it's late, and entirely lacking in story. So I'd feel entirely justified in skipping that piece of lore.

Second, from the beginning the Wonder Woman Amazons have been a secret history of the DC universe, giving a reframing of the Greek myths. So even if that piece of lore was better sourced, I'd still think it'd be something that could be glossed over.

Third, what would it say about Hippolyta or the rest of the Amazons if Hippolyta was the daughter of Ares? Both Marston and Pérez infused the Amazons with purpose, and simply giving Hippolyta Ares for a father doesn't fit that purpose very well. If it doesn't serve the Amazon story, then just skip that piece of lore.

Now, if you wanted to make Hippolyte (or some other Amazon) the daughter of Prometheus, then we're talking. That has mythological resonances left, right, and centre.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Pretty much agree with all this, though I'd use a few more gods for some of her abilities. And I'd replace her "god-mode" with the witchmark, which lets her use her more magical attacks and powers.
    I thought about using Hestia but Diana already has the Lasso of Truth. Yeah, Witchmark seems like a better choice (IIRC she no longer has it) but I never consider it because she is already a formidable force it is quite similar to her ''God-Form'' and it gives her range based powers which makes up from her close-range abilities.

Radion is also a weakness of New Gods, correct? Is it just an element like Kryptonite or something more? Personally, I think she should have a piercing weapons weakness, just not human made ones. I hope the lack of expertise weakness is specifically about magic and not like tactics/strategy or general wisdom, considering the 3000+ years she's been alive and the fact that she 100% would be studying in the library as well as warrior training.
    Yes, Radion is a weakness of New Gods it is also poisonous to Old Gods.

https://static3.cbrimages.com/wordpr...op&w=740&h=581

The lack of expertise is mostly about magic since she is not a skilled magic user and I thought about having technology or experimental medicines as one of the few areas she sort of lacked in, she knows complementary and alternative medicine but does not experimental medicines that well. I think any field of skills she has no particular interest in despite having the innate knowledge should not make her an expert and it depends on her actual levels for them.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-11-2020 at 01:04 AM.