Default King Shark Appreciation thread

This guy's really become a breakout character hasn't he? He's everywhere! Harley Quinn TAS and the tv Flash show made me a fan and I'm also looking forward to his upcoming video game and movie appearences. Dc really needs to give him a mini series. Any reading recomendations?
    kingsharkisashark.jpg

Check out Gail Simone’s Secret Six run! She’s pretty much responsible for the character’s resurgence. She made him more than just a one dimensional shark monster.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I was gonna ask hammerhead or not but by the looks of the compilation he's more often not

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Check out Gail Simone’s Secret Six run! She’s pretty much responsible for the character’s resurgence. She made him more than just a one dimensional shark monster.

Thanks, I’ve heard great things about that run but haven’t checked it out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I was gonna ask hammerhead or not but by the looks of the compilation he's more often not
    There’s one here, I was gonna bump this thread before I ended up making my own but it’s closed.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-thread

I used to like the hammerhead look as it made him look unique from characters like the GL villain The Shark and most other shark themed villains. But King Shark on the Harley Quinn show has made me fall in love with the great white look.

I used to like the hammerhead look as it made him look unique from characters like the GL villain The Shark and most other shark-themed villains. But King Shark on the Harley Quinn show has made me fall in love with the great white look.
    Oh if that's the case then I prefer the hammerhead. I prefer if they can be differentiated at a glance.

Oh if that's the case then I prefer the hammerhead. I prefer if they can be differentiated at a glance.
    Luckily, King Shark has become so popular because of his mainstream appearances that he’s most likely the first character people think of when they see the half man half shark monster in pop culture.

I’ve been a King Shark fan since he debuted in Superboy back in the nineties.
    I about pooped my pants when he showed up on CW’s The Flash. Seeing him live action was pretty awesome. Most recently I’ve dug him on the Harley Quinn cartoon.

I wasn’t a fan of the hammerhead look though.

So rumor is that Taiki Waititi is going to voice King Shark in Suicide Squad! Steve Agee said he’s the “on set reference” for KS but he’s playing a guy named John Economos. Gunn and co have been very coy about who is voicing King Shark. Taiki is listed as a cast member but his role wasn’t announced. That would be perfect casting!

Extraordinary Member

speaking of voice acting, Samoa Joe is playing him in the Suicide Squad game

Never been a better time to be a king shark fan haha. I wonder if they’ll get Samoa Joe to voice him in the suicide squad movie too?

Luckily, King Shark has become so popular because of the mainstream appearances that he’s most likely the first character people think of when they see the half man half shark monster in pop culture.
    Okay other sharks can be a hammerhead
    I know nothing about The Shark anyway