Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Endless Winter

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    Picked this up today. Immediately turned off by the continuity weirdness of Diana referencing her time as "God of War". It's wild how even the mention of a story choice I didn't like can sour me on a comic...

Either way I'm confused. Wasn't that God of War thing retconned out by Rebirth as a lie? Has she continued to mention it anywhere else?
    It was a lie but it still “happened”. The events of Azz’s run still happened, it’s just that what she thought were the gods and her sisters/mother were divine illusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It was a lie but it still “happened”. The events of Azz’s run still happened, it’s just that what she thought were the gods and her sisters/mother were divine illusions.
    So then how would killing someone who wasn't Ares make her the god of war?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    So then how would killing someone who wasn't Ares make her the god of war?
    Are you asking me to make sense of DC continuity?

I guess you could say Diana thought she was the God of War, and other people thought she was too and treated her as such, so even though it was all a lie it was still a role she took up and was a part of her? I dunno it’s just a throwaway reference at the end of the day, I doubt they’re about to bring back more stuff from Azz’s run.

Writers seem to have been able for a while now to simply reference whatever they want to reference if it fits their story. At one point Diana and Superman's romance was referenced, even though that was supposed to have been relegated to two different versions of the characters.

Perhaps editorial is being completely lax because this and pretty much everything of the past few months now is glorified filler ever since the implosion, or they're examples of those loose-to-non-existent continuity rumors we've been hearing about.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-02-2020 at 12:48 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I read it and liked it. It feels like a good one off episode. It actually reminded me of the CW crossovers.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Diana being the God of War was listed in the leaked blurry DC's timeline that was supposed to be the template for the Generations mini. It's something that DC decided to get back as part of the character's canon history.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Diana being the God of War was listed in the leaked blurry DC's timeline that was supposed to be the template for the Generations mini. It's something that DC decided to get back as part of the character's canon history.
    Get back? If she is no longer GOW then she is no longer GOW. She is or she ain't. They must make up their minds.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Get back? If she is no longer GOW then she is no longer GOW. She is or she ain't. They must make up their minds.
    She was GOW in the past.

Extraordinary Member

Jen Bartel's variant to Justice League #58:

Looks like Hippolyta might be taking Diana's places on the Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Jen Bartel's variant to Justice League #58:

Giving me a Marvel Brunhilde Valkyrie vibe!