Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Endless Winter

Extraordinary Member

Default Endless Winter

Diana is on one of the teasers for what appears to be DC's next event:

Very viking esq, I... kind of... like it?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

As far as "Wonder Woman but now with pants" designs go, it's probably one of the better ones.

The fur cloak is kind of cool.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-24-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Bring on Blue Snowman!

That’s a cool design.

It's not bad, but it's also kind of generic. It is recognisably still Wonder Woman due to the colours, but other than that it could be Xena or Jirel of Joiry or Brynhilde. And it continues to lean into the sword and shield usage. I'm also unsure how I feel about the braid. I think a more classically inspired hair style would suit her better, if she isn't wearing her hair loose.

I know it risks being a total train wreck, but I would like to see Diana (and the rest of the Amazons) in something inspired by the Amazon on this vase, with geometric patterns on her pants.

«Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Diana is on one of the teasers for what appears to be DC's next event:

It's Wonder Woman winter maternity wear with built in baby protection, I'm guessing that's what the strapped on upper ab detail is for.

But this is the best pants costume if you take away the knee and ankle fur.

And an ax (especially W shaped one) is always preferable to a sword.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 08-24-2020 at 10:50 PM.

DLC costume for some future video game. Probably the next Injustice.

I'd be more impressed if they actually let Diana do something relevant in these big events.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    DLC costume for some future video game. Probably the next Injustice.

I'd be more impressed if they actually let Diana do something relevant in these big events.
    I mean in fairness, it actually looks kinda decent so I imagine NetherRealm Studios balked at since decent DC character designs seems to be something they actively try to avoid.

Incredible Member

Wow! I'm in love. Swap the green for blue, get rid of the fur accents, tone down the giant "stitching" and remove the cloak (except for official / formal events) and it's close to a perfect, updated costume for Wonder Woman to me. Some kind of "stars" on the lower half would be nice too.

I love the braid. The axe is a nice departure from the sword.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Ya know, I just don't like the braid. Flowing hair has never been a problem for her before so it doesn't really sell me on practicality, but even then, I just don't see Diana as someone to prefer braids.

I'm fine with the rest. If everyone's going to be rocking winterized costumes, I'm glad Diana's doesn't just consist of a cape and her regular costume "because she's a goddess so who cares." It's fun. If we were being boring, Bruce's suit would just have thermal weaving or something and not change. Let her get a cool costume too. Nordic Diana. I can dig it.

That hairstyle has to go, though.

That said, I hate that we're still making classic weapons Diana's go-to. I'm fine with her using them, but the lasso is Diana's iconic equipment and once again it may as well be a contextual thing. I swear, they want her to be Red Sonja/Conan so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That said, I hate that we're still making classic weapons Diana's go-to. I'm fine with her using them, but the lasso is Diana's iconic equipment and once again it may as well be a contextual thing. I swear, they want her to be Red Sonja/Conan so bad.
    Most execs/creative leads see her and think "she's like Xena, right?" forgetting that Diana arguably inspired Xena. You really saw this in the begin stories in the Nu52, when Geoff was writing her. Constantly loving fighting and war, talks of killing all her villains, etc...
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I like it!

She needs that axe to break the ice

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I like it!

She needs that axe to break the ice
    She's stronger than any axe. She could just punch it. They want Diana to be Conan, hence why she's always got a weapon in hand.

Incredible Member

That costume is cool! And the eagle is back!