Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Maybe they’ll make current Rahne bi.

Between the movie and her giving off vibes with Xandra, I wouldn’t be surprised.

She’s already exhausted stories from all of her former male lovers and crushes, from Hrimhari, Doug, Sam, and Elixer.
    Or, I dunno, stop throwing her into romances?

Maybe they’ll make current Rahne bi.

Between the movie and her giving off vibes with Xandra, I wouldn’t be surprised.
    The movie romance was cute, so yeah why not. Fulfill Claremont’s wishes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Or, I dunno, stop throwing her into romances?
    Can’t. She’s a wolf on the prowl. Animal instincts.

Can’t. She’s a wolf on the prowl. Animal instincts.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my personal favorites, as well.
    Many won't agree, but I thought Rahne's appearance in the 2nd volume of New Mutants from 2003 was most interesting...

I get I'll check them both!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The movie romance was cute, so yeah why not. Fulfill Claremont’s wishes.
    I have seen the movie and said "romance" between Dani Moonstar and Rahne Sinclair is not a relationship adapted from the comics.

Sounds like the Rahne and Dani's personalities don't have much in common with the comics, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I have seen the movie and said "romance" between Dani Moonstar and Rahne Sinclair is not a relationship adapted from the comics.
    I can see the filmmaker's logic behind making Dani and Rahne lovers, since they were so close in the 80s and even became each other's "soulmates." Rahne's origin story works as a spot-on LGBT metaphor: a girl who had religion beaten into her and was taught to be ashamed of her supposedly sinful lifestyle. Considering how progressive of a writer Chris Claremont is, I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional. I believe it was another Destiny/Mystique or Storm/Yukio situation where he would've made them date if it wasn't for the rampant homophobia of that era censoring his work.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-31-2020 at 11:41 PM.

This is my headcanon now.

They should have kept the giant wolf version, instead of the pack of wolves.

In fact, she and Catseye should have several transformations availables, like Tony Tony Chopper. Classic version, X-Factor wolf-head version, X-Factor almost human version, normal wolf, giant wolf...
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

BANNED

I can see the filmmaker's logic behind making Dani and Rahne lovers, since they were so close in the 80s and even became each other's "soulmates." Rahne's origin story works as a spot-on LGBT metaphor: a girl who had religion beaten into her and was taught to be ashamed of her supposedly sinful lifestyle. Considering how progressive of a writer Chris Claremont is, I wouldn't be surprised if that was intentional. I believe it was another Destiny/Mystique or Storm/Yukio situation where he would've made them date if it wasn't for the rampant homophobia of that era censoring his work.
    Dude, This "Movie" is nothing but a truly horrific fanfic that's been set to film. Hopefully, nothing from anyone involved with creating it will ever be seen again.
    Last edited by c-lei; 09-01-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Was/is Claremont progressive?

Serious question here. I know he wrote plenty of female bromances, but I don't recall him writing/creating a lesbian character, even long after it was safe to do so. They seemed to be more his fetish than anything else

Extraordinary Member

Serious question here. I know he wrote plenty of female bromances, but I don't recall him writing/creating a lesbian character, even long after it was safe to do so. They seemed to be more his fetish than anything else
    During his first Marvel run he wasn’t allowed.

During his second run, he included already out Karma in Mechanix

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They should have kept the giant wolf version, instead of the pack of wolves.

In fact, she and Catseye should have several transformations availables, like Tony Tony Chopper. Classic version, X-Factor wolf-head version, X-Factor almost human version, normal wolf, giant wolf...
    Honestly, Rahne has enough character to fall back on that she doesn't really need a power boost. And when was the last time one of those boosts lasted?

If they gotta power her up, I'd say go with giant wolf form, only it consumes a great deal of energy, threatening her the longer she remains transformed

I would certainly say that he is. Thinking back to how Claremont wrote Destiny and Mystique's relationship, it never felt like an exploitative, fetishized "lesbians are hot" thing. Their dynamic was more romantic, and it effectively humanized their characters.
    Last edited by Dipter; 09-01-2020 at 01:59 PM.