Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Lest there be any dispute about the pronunciation of "Rahne"
    That's funny. I remember trying to figure out how to pronounce it. For a while I thought Rahne = RAH-knee (Ronnie), lol
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I really wish someone made a Rahne/Rain compilation, because there a lot

What do her fans think about her "power-up" at the conclusion of the Xtincition Agenda? Were you happy about it -- indifferent? What about her rarely if not ever becoming a full wolf or fully human again while she was on X-Factor?

I hated that Marvel made her into that 90's "were" girl in the same vain as most of the cat girls. Within a few years, she went from a eight-foot werewolf to fur-girl who'd struggled with Feral during the X-ecution Song.

wolfsbane19.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    What do her fans think about her "power-up" at the conclusion of the Xtincition Agenda? Were you happy about it -- indifferent? What about her rarely if not ever becoming a full wolf or fully human again while she was on X-Factor?

I hated that Marvel made her into that 90's "were" girl in the same vain as most of the cat girls. Within a few years, she went from a eight-foot werewolf to fur-girl who'd struggled with Feral during the X-ecution Song.

wolfsbane19.jpg
    Didn't like it. IIRC...when it was written...turning back into full girl would have made her an obedient Genoshan mutate type. So she stayed partial to keep her independence and free thought.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Did Rahne have any reaction to being resurrected? With her devout upbringing, it would be a natural character beat to play. She might think of it as an abomination.

But I suppose her return from the dead already had a bunch of controversial touches to it given how she died.
    https://www.cbr.com/a-tragic-x-men-v...e-controversy/
    Last edited by Thirteen; 08-26-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Did Rahne have any reaction to being resurrected? With her devout upbringing, it would be a natural character beat to play. She might think of it as an abomination.

But I suppose her return from the dead already had a bunch of controversial touches to it given how she died.
    https://www.cbr.com/a-tragic-x-men-v...e-controversy/
    I wonder if she even remembers the events of Uncanny X-Men/War of the Realms. But wasted story beats are nothing new to Rahne fans

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post

wolfsbane19.jpg
    The post-Genosha power-up was cartoony and unnecessary.
    I didn't mind her fine-tuning her Transitional Form for the reasons stated (to hold off her Genoshan Mutate conditioning off as much as possible. She was only partially successful since she retained her imprinting on Havok and expressed it as sexual attraction. Those were some dodgy morality days, but I guess it heralded her "sexual awakening" of sorts. Inappropriate involvement with a student, a bisexual "boyfriend" and birthing a litter of pups for an Otherworldly Wolf Prince wouldn't be far behind!

"Struggled with" Feral? Looks like a decisive WIN.

Ultimate Member

Rahne's one of my favorite characters. Shame she's stuck in an era where writers keep repeating one story per character

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

She's my favorite (tied with Sunspot) from the New Mutants! How's she in the current ongoing?

Seriously, where is the Rahne and Catseye reunion?!?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Rahne's one of my favorite characters. Shame she's stuck in an era where writers keep repeating one story per character
    One of my personal favorites, as well.

Many won't agree, but I thought Rahne's appearance in the 2nd volume of New Mutants from 2003 was most interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my personal favorites, as well.

Many won't agree, but I thought Rahne's appearance in the 2nd volume of New Mutants from 2003 was most interesting...

It felt to me like the writer wanted make her a completely different person altogether. Also I hated how the art made her look like a Bratz doll and the transformation sequence when she got her powers back reminds me of some kind of weird DeviantArt fetish.

Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 08-31-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    It felt to me like the writer wanted make her a completely different person altogether. Also I hated how the art made her look like a Bratz doll and the transformation sequence when she got her powers back reminds me of some kind of weird DeviantArt fetish.

Yeah, Rahne's a good character, but unfortunately she's been completely flanderized. Her biggest story back in the day was her crush on Doug, so unfortunately, all her major stories are her relationships with men (sigh, and ugh!)

The second New Mutants series hit her, and Dani, pretty bad. Even before M-Day. Dani was always Emma's bitch, and of all the ways Rahne could have interacted with the main cast, all she ever did was make out with Josh

Extraordinary Member

Maybe they’ll make current Rahne bi.

Between the movie and her giving off vibes with Xandra, I wouldn’t be surprised.

She’s already exhausted stories from all of her former male lovers and crushes, from Hrimhari, Doug, Sam, and Elixer.