Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You wont believe how my aunts Q friends are bitching about The Superman Smashes the Klan books. It is crazy that stuff still flies today.
    Really? Really? The hell can anyone say against the premise of that book, and not realize how racist it sounds to be against Superman stopping the freaking Klan? I mean, it's the KKK (or a reasonable facsimile thereof), defending them is like defending freaking Nazis!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Really? Really? The hell can anyone say against the premise of that book, and not realize how racist it sounds to be against Superman stopping the freaking Klan? I mean, it's the KKK (or a reasonable facsimile thereof), defending them is like defending freaking Nazis!
    Pretty sure the Q defend them as well.

I have heard everything from The Klan is not around any more so why bother? to
    Of course we have to rehash a group that was around 50 years ago just to make the blacks happy etc...
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Of course we have to rehash a group that was around 50 years ago just to make the blacks happy etc...
    Humanity makes me sad. I hope every school gets a copy of this book. I hope this book gets used in classes to teach kids to read or something.

Invincible Member

Have you told them it's based on an episode of the old 50's Superman radio show?

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Have you told them it's based on an episode of the old 50's Superman radio show?
    Talking logic to a Q is like slamming your head against a brick wall. Yes I did. And it did not matter. it all boiled down to me defending a PC culture that has just gone to far to appease certain type of people.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Powerpuff Pilot Being Redeveloped at The CW

Sounds like they are keeping the main cast.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

So, the live-action movie is a no-go? If so, that's a pity. Sorry, I haven't been following the project closely and this post by you has me confused.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, the live-action movie is a no-go? If so, that's a pity. Sorry, I haven't been following the project closely and this post by you has me confused.
    I haven't heard anything about a live action movie.

The live action show pilot that they did make was rejected, but the idea wasn't so they're just being asked to do it again, only better this time

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I'm happy to see Ms. Bellum and the narrator being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I haven't heard anything about a live action movie.

The live action show pilot that they did make was rejected, but the idea wasn't so they're just being asked to do it again, only better this time
    D'oh for some reason I thought it was a film lol my bad.

Too bad it was rejected the first time hopefully things will go better this time around. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well, this is definitely something I feel like it's important to take the time to get right.

Ming Na Wen: Kept her mouth shut and landed a role on the Mandalorian and then the Book Of Boba Fett.

Chloe Bennett: Criticized Disney for tossing Agents Of Shield into limbo. Ended up on this show.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

So the pliot script has allegedly leaked. Read through this twitter thread.
    https://twitter.com/fawfulator/statu...142596612?s=19

Buttercup is bi, Blossom killed Mojo, Mojo was a regular human who was the professor lab assistant instead of a monkey, the professor is an opportunistic ******* who is a stage dad, professor and Ms. Bellum are exes, PPG cartoon exists in this universe.

Good God, this sounds like ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So the pliot script has allegedly leaked. Read through this twitter thread.
    https://twitter.com/fawfulator/statu...142596612?s=19

Buttercup is bi, Blossom killed Mojo, Mojo was a regular human who was the professor lab assistant instead of a monkey, the professor is an opportunistic ******* who is a stage dad, professor and Ms. Bellum are exes, PPG cartoon exists in this universe.

Good God, this sounds like ****.
    Reading through these, my thought is not so much 'I can understand why they wanted a new Pilot', it's more 'the CW saw SOMETHING in that crap that they felt could be salvaged?!'

Actually, this thought just crystalized for me. This reminds me of the Power Rangers reboot movie they did a few years ago, but done worse. That movie also tried to take a kids property and make it 'edgy', and yet they still kept all of the ridiculous names like 'Putties' or even 'Rita Repulsa'. If they are going to go dark, get rid of all that cutsie sh*t and give things more realistic names.
    Last edited by AnakinFlair; 05-25-2021 at 08:44 AM.

While I suppose it is possible that that "leaked script" is real, nobody has put any effort into validating it as real and sometimes things read like bad parody because they ARE bad parody