Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but why...
    That's just my aesthetic. If you're going to age it up, age EVERYTHING up- including names. Otherwise, it just feels ridiculous- to me, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's just my aesthetic. If you're going to age it up, age EVERYTHING up- including names. Otherwise, it just feels ridiculous- to me, anyways.
    I'm the opposite, going that far with this kind of property feels even more ridiculous to me .

I'm the opposite, going that far with this kind of property feels even more ridiculous to me .
    Agreed, it sure does....
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    So the pliot script has allegedly leaked. Read through this twitter thread.
    https://twitter.com/fawfulator/statu...142596612?s=19

Buttercup is bi, Blossom killed Mojo, Mojo was a regular human who was the professor lab assistant instead of a monkey, the professor is an opportunistic asshole who is a stage dad, professor and Ms. Bellum are exes, PPG cartoon exists in this universe.

Good God, this sounds like shit.
    I don't mind Buttercup being bi, not like their sexuality was ever a thing in the cartoon, but the rest sounds shitty yeah.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't mind Buttercup being bi, not like their sexuality was ever a thing in the cartoon, but the rest sounds shitty yeah.
    I just find it eye rolling. The tomboy of the trio would be the lgbt rep. Feels like low hanging fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So from what I hear we can expect a reboot of Wonder Pets with the tone of Arrow. Just who exactly is the audience for this?
    Did you really hear that, or just making a comparison?

But yeah, this is a series that should lean into the camp elements...

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I can't believe the company that pulled off Scooby Doo live-action adaptations can't pull off one for Powerpuff Girls. Everyone at CW need to get fired.
    When did they pull that off? I saw those movies...it felt more like satire making fun of the franchise too much to actually pull it off.

Extraordinary Member

So the pliot script has allegedly leaked. Read through this twitter thread.
    https://twitter.com/fawfulator/statu...142596612?s=19

Buttercup is bi, Blossom killed Mojo, Mojo was a regular human who was the professor lab assistant instead of a monkey, the professor is an opportunistic asshole who is a stage dad, professor and Ms. Bellum are exes, PPG cartoon exists in this universe.

Good God, this sounds like shit.
    It sounds like a parody of what a Grim Dark PowderPuff Girls reboot would be. I don't believe that is the real script.

It would be kind of hilarious if it was however.

I won't say it impossible. They already decided that they were going to do PowderPuff Girls as 20 somethings.

No bad idea is beyond them.

I just find it eye rolling. The tomboy of the trio would be the lgbt rep. Feels like low hanging fruit.
    True, is low hanging fruit. I guess making it Blossom or Bubbles would be the more unexpected thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    When did they pull that off? I saw those movies...it felt more like satire making fun of the franchise too much to actually pull it off.
    I thought Monsters Unleashed was pretty underrated...that and their take on the theme song was great.

I thought Monsters Unleashed was pretty underrated...that and their take on the theme song was great.
    The two theatrical movies were okay but not very good. The two direct to Cartoon Network ones were really bad. The DTV Daphne and Velma one I haven't watched so can't comment on.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Reading through these, my thought is not so much 'I can understand why they wanted a new Pilot', it's more 'the CW saw SOMETHING in that crap that they felt could be salvaged?!'

Actually, this thought just crystalized for me. This reminds me of the Power Rangers reboot movie they did a few years ago, but done worse. That movie also tried to take a kids property and make it 'edgy', and yet they still kept all of the ridiculous names like 'Putties' or even 'Rita Repulsa'. If they are going to go dark, get rid of all that cutsie sh*t and give things more realistic names.
    I like that movie lol

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    It sounds like a parody of what a Grim Dark PowderPuff Girls reboot would be. I don't believe that is the real script.

It would be kind of hilarious if it was however.

I won't say it impossible. They already decided that they were going to do PowderPuff Girls as 20 somethings.

No bad idea is beyond them.
    The copyright holders got the tweets removed. That makes the leak creditable.

The copyright holders got the tweets removed. That makes the leak creditable.
    It's not confirmation though

Eh, to each their own. I can enjoy it as it's own thing, but...it's just not what I'd ever want or hope for from Scooby Doo you know?