Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fuzzy Lumpkins will be MAGA. The easiest thing to do with him.
    LOL! That would be a terrible thing to do w. him!

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/24/21...bles-buttercup

This article appears to imply that the show is more of a sequel to the original and has the Powerpuff Girls in their 20’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Either that or the blonde brunette redhead formula’s just a universal constant!
    Where is our damn 20-something-angst drama TV series! Get on it Disney!
    \
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-25-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I can see them changing Miss Bellum to a WoC. And her probably being the new mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I can see them changing Miss Bellum to a WoC. And her probably being the new mayor.
    What happened to the old mayor? Now I'm worried he'll be dead to make it gritty...

All he wanted was an open jar of pickles.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Everyone should just keep in mind that we know nothing about how they plan to handle this before dismissing it. I see this all the time now - just because fans "can't see" how it can be done doesn't mean it's going to be bad. If fans could envision it, we'd all be making the shows rather than watching them.
    I mean, I don't see how taking The Powerpuff Girls and making them disillusioned and angsty 20-something's in a live-action reboot could work at all, especially with the CW's track record, but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What happened to the old mayor? Now I'm worried he'll be dead to make it gritty...

All he wanted was an open jar of pickles.
    Worse than that: He'll be president

Maybe it's going to be the best thing ever made by mankind but, i don't know, it works very well as a cartoon but i do have trouble imagining it working well with actors without huge, HUUUUUUG, changes from the original materiel.

But i do am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Worse than that: He'll be president
    ... I can see it.

Here's my pitch for the inevitable Dexter's Laboratory spinoff:
    “For the past three years, Dexter has been living with tremendous guilt. It didn’t matter that he had been warning her for years to stay out of his laboratory, that he had warned her not to press the button, it had still been his experiment that killed her, and the secrecy of his lab kept him from being able to tell anybody what happened, forcing their parents to believe she ran away. Now, mysteriously, she seems to be back, but that can’t be possible, can it? Why is she dating his rival Mandark now? And why does his lab monkey always hide when she’s around? And what, if anything, does this have to do with the (new, sexy, teenaged) Justice Friends have to do with it?”

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Where is our damn 20-something-angst drama TV series! Get on it Disney!
    \
    OOH! The Rowdy Rough Boys!

Astonishing Member

This sounds like a disaster in the making but hey I don’t have to watch it, so whatever. I’ll always have the original cartoon for me to enjoy.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

I just want to know how 'Him" is going to be portrayed without coming across as... you know what, never mind.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I just want to know how 'Him" is going to be portrayed without coming across as... you know what, never mind.
    Someone suggested that “Him” will now be called “They”

If they use Him, they need to go full over the top fun camp and celebrate him on every outrageous level. Whoever they get, the more over the top the performance the better! A bit Blue Meanie, Curry's Frank-N-Furter/Lord of Darkness, Hurley's Bedevil, part Battle of the Planets Zoltar, and part Bianca Del Rio, all in one.

And they better creep around wearing those punitive-heel boots, and lobster hands! LOL!
    If they start apologizing, toning it down or "fixing" Him for today's virtue-signaling cancel culture, the first twit (and there will be thousands) that accuses them of trans non-heteronormative phobia panic character, that they kowtow too and apologize too, they are doomed.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-25-2020 at 08:09 PM.