Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    If they use Him, they need to go full over the top fun camp and celebrate him on every outrageous level. Whoever they get, the more over the top the performance the better! And they better creep around wearing those punitive-heel boots and lobster hands! LOL!
    If they start apologizing, toning it down or "fixing" Him for today's virtue-signaling cancel culture, the first twit (and there will be thousands) that accuses them of trans non-heteronormative phobia panic character, that they kowtow too and apologize too, they are doomed.
    ^^^Hear Hear.

Add to that Prof. Utonium. Having a positive portrayal of a working single father raising children is NOT a bad thing or something that needs to be changed because of “implications”. There are a lot of RL single fathers out there raising girls, boys, boys and girls, and doing so quite admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Hear Hear.

Add to that Prof. Utonium. Having a positive portrayal of a working single father raising children is NOT a bad thing or something that needs to be changed because of “implications”. There are a lot of RL single fathers out there raising girls, boys, boys and girls, and doing so quite admirably.

Agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree.
    Was that in response to the video I posted? I was actually agreeing with you - the character in that show actually was a great father and loved his daughter but he kept feeling self-conscious about how it came across because people tend to infer creepiness in things that aren't.

I'd love to see a positive portrayal of a single father who can actually do the job and isn't a buffoon in domestic situations. I'm beginning to see it more in media and commercials, which is a great thing but there's still the sandwich-chomping, "honey where are my socks" portrayals once in awhile that seem antiquated (men suck at housework and are out of their depth at child-rearing and women are just better at it (implying that's where they should be)) and is insulting to everyone regardless of how a family decides to divide home and work responsibilities.

I also hope the show addresses the issue of women choosing to call themselves "Girls" better than "Supergirl" did.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-26-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

^^^Hear Hear.

I would love to see a properly written and accurate version of the Professor - he’s probably gonna be older but they can still have him be the kind and still often absent minded type. Victor Garber could be an awesome choice for the Professor. Really they might just want to consider the initial background and context about why he was trying to create perfect girls - if they can do that then he should be fine.

And yeah I want Him to stay crazy and unpredictable - over the top and bemusing one moment and utterly terrifying the next. If they can do something fairly similar to the original show for both Him and Mojo I will accept any major changes to the rest of the villains.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think the "perfect little girls" bit should be dropped all together. Just have him be a guy who wanted to be a father and hit the lab to make it happen.

Is there a way to make the narrator a character for this reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I would love to see a properly written and accurate version of the Professor - he’s probably gonna be older but they can still have him be the kind and still often absent minded type. Victor Garber could be an awesome choice for the Professor. Really they might just want to consider the initial background and context about why he was trying to create perfect girls - if they can do that then he should be fine.

And yeah I want Him to stay crazy and unpredictable - over the top and bemusing one moment and utterly terrifying the next. If they can do something fairly similar to the original show for both Him and Mojo I will accept any major changes to the rest of the villains.
    Yeah, I want my Professor nutty, no pun intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think the "perfect little girls" bit should be dropped all together. Just have him be a guy who wanted to be a father and hit the lab to make it happen.

Is there a way to make the narrator a character for this reboot?
    This take seems to be going for more drama than comedy so I'll be surprised if the narrator or most of the trappings of the original show are left intact aside from probably easter eggs.

Extraordinary Member

If you had told me 10 years ago, I’d be watching a channel with live action Clark and Lois as parents, Courtney Whitmore Stargirl, Black Lightning, Archie and friends and live action Powerpuff Girls, I would have laughed in your face and told you to quit wasting my time on stupid hypotheticals.

But here we are.

I’m no longer surprised about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Here's my pitch for the inevitable Dexter's Laboratory spinoff:
    “For the past three years, Dexter has been living with tremendous guilt. It didn’t matter that he had been warning her for years to stay out of his laboratory, that he had warned her not to press the button, it had still been his experiment that killed her, and the secrecy of his lab kept him from being able to tell anybody what happened, forcing their parents to believe she ran away. Now, mysteriously, she seems to be back, but that can’t be possible, can it? Why is she dating his rival Mandark now? And why does his lab monkey always hide when she’s around? And what, if anything, does this have to do with the (new, sexy, teenaged) Justice Friends have to do with it?”
    I was gonna have Dexter grow up to be Doctor Who-Lite but yeah this works too.

Honestly I would've preffered it as a cartoon on Adult Swim than live-action on CW but it is what it is.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-26-2020 at 03:50 PM.

The leading ladies of CW’s Riverdale channeled their inner sugar, spice, and nice this Halloween...:

The leading ladies of CW’s Riverdale channeled their inner sugar, spice, and nice this Halloween...:

Almost makes me wonder if they'd be better choices to play them as live action young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Almost makes me wonder if they'd be better choices to play them as live action young adults.
    As long as Blossom wears that ginormous bow, I’d be in!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This take seems to be going for more drama than comedy so I'll be surprised if the narrator or most of the trappings of the original show are left intact aside from probably easter eggs.
    The show can always take a leaning on the fourth wall approach to the narrator. Having him be a popular Podcaster that the characters on the show listen to and have his topics vaguely resemble the episode plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The show can always take a leaning on the fourth wall approach to the narrator. Having him be a popular Podcaster that the characters on the show listen to and have his topics vaguely resemble the episode plot.
    lol, that’d be cool.