Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

This version isn't going to have over the top violence, but tween drama played by a bunch of 20 somethings, isn't it?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    This version isn't going to have over the top violence, but tween drama played by a bunch of 20 somethings, isn't it?
    It's about "disillusioned 20 somethings". Which either means it's like Bojack Horseman but with superheroes or that it's just an edgier version of PPG.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It's about "disillusioned 20 somethings". Which either means it's like Bojack Horseman but with superheroes or that it's just an edgier version of PPG.
    Neither of which really sound ideal to me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    To be fair, I don't think you can get away with their brand of over the top violence in live action. It passed in the cartoon because it looked silly and cartoony - and even then I'm not sure they could get away with that in cartoons now. To do that in live action realistically on network television? I can see them toning it down a bunch.

All the more reason to appreciate the cartoon.

I think it sounds just like Umbrella Academy, actually. A bunch of siblings who were superheroes as kids and now as adults resent their father for making them child soldiers, but end up having to get together again for some reason. I'm surprised not more people are catching on at that.

This stuff is always so great. Hollywood is so afraid doing new stuff and failing, that they rather disguise new stuff as old stuff. This is just like netflix Winx, this will probably easily be another thing nothing close to original but the name brings eyeballs and couple extra fans.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it sounds just like Umbrella Academy, actually. A bunch of siblings who were superheroes as kids and now as adults resent their father for making them child soldiers, but end up having to get together again for some reason. I'm surprised not more people are catching on at that.
    As a continuation of the cartoon that premise is full of shit. They loved fighting crime and still had a childhood. They still treated as children even though they were Townsville saviors. They still had to be excused from class to save people. This is still the wrong take for PPG.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Because I lot of people aren't expecting CW to break their crap drama mold.

At least they got good actresses.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As a continuation of the cartoon that premise is full of shit. They loved fighting crime and still had a childhood. They still treated as children even though they were Townsville saviors. They still had to be excused from class to save people. This is still the wrong take for PPG.
    Got to it before I could. Prof. Utonium himself was originally against them being heroes, and just wanted them to be kids. Then after, they found a pretty good balance. The Professor even tried to join them, one way or another. Even made a protective Megazord like robot for them to pilot in one episode (got tossed right after because it was too destructive).

So yeah, an Umbrella Academy like situation would be utter bull for this situation. But I am expecting the adult versions of the Rowdy Ruff Boyz to pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    To be fair, I don't think you can get away with their brand of over the top violence in live action. It passed in the cartoon because it looked silly and cartoony - and even then I'm not sure they could get away with that in cartoons now. To do that in live action realistically on network television? I can see them toning it down a bunch.

All the more reason to appreciate the cartoon.
    Unless they make the live-action over-the-top violence seem cartoony. That's been done before. Or they might show us something we haven't quite seen before.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-11-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unless they make the live-action over-the-top violence seem cartoony. That's been done before. Or they might show us something we haven't quite seen before.
    Hell, give me Batman '66 violence of POW! WHACK! BAZINGA! over more CW angst.

Donald Faison will be playing the Professor.

https://tvline.com/2021/03/30/powerp...drake-utonium/

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I hope the action is like Scott Pilgrim's
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?