Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Parallax and Spectre stuff is nothing to write home about, and not something John Stewart fans would ever be satisfied with for their favorite either.
    Hal is my favorite DC character period, full stop. I wanted him back as the Green Lantern but since DC seemed bound and determined to push the Kyle thing for more than the obligitory 12 issues of Cap without the shield or Tony Stark not in the armor, I was prepared to make lemonade out of the lemon that was Parallax. First that was a sweeeet armor upgrade and if handled properly he could have been DC's greatest villain/anti-hero. An antagonist just as determined/driven as the heroes he was fighting against that he had a history with. "Good try Clark but I remember when you tried that move on Despero on the moon". Comics may mention this really evil character used to be a close compatriot in the fight against evil but you rarely get to see them as that except in flashbacks. The lone exception (I can think of) being Anakin Skywalker. DC didn't lean into it enough besides Parallax View (which rocked but was only 2 issues) you rarely got to see Parallax who was a villain for quite some time go up against anyone besides Kyle before Final Night. In fact the Spectre had more run ins against the JLA than Parallax did. DC could have leaned into Parallax better gave him a better raison d'etre, sort of like Zoom's trying to make the heroes better so their cities didn't end up like Coast City. Alas however that time has passed and if successful it might have meant I never got Green Lantern Hal Jordan back.
    Last edited by EmeraldGladiator; 09-08-2020 at 08:36 AM.