Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default What Do Actors/Models Eat?

So I was watching Star Trek: Short Treks episode "Calypso", and envying Hodge's physique. I found myself wondering how he got there.

Exercise? Sure.

But I so much as side-eye a bagel and I add a couple of centimeters at the belt.

So what can actors and models afford to eat?

There's no one answer - everyone is different.

I think Renee Zellweger was eating like 3-4 dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts a day to fatten up for the second Bridget Jones Diary movie.

Most of them, dare I say almost all of them, eat food.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The blood of children.

I remember Chris Hemsworth going on how there is a lot of rice, chicken and broccoli in his life.

depends what your trying to do. If your trying to just lose weight and get ripped and not put on muscle mass. Keto is a good way to go. No Sugar/Carbs, also when you work out do Low weight high reps. If your trying to Bulk up like Jackman for Wolverine you have to eat alot. Alot of chicken and rice. Jackman said the working out was nothing compared to the diet. He hated eating cuase he had to force himself to eat every couple hours. I mean he was on the Rock diet, the amount of food you have eat to maintain that muscle mass is ridiculous. Also don't forget to eat your steroids aswell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post

I remember Chris Hemsworth going on how there is a lot of rice, chicken and broccoli in his life.
    Yeah, I would think for most action stars, this would be the go-to diet while shooting. Maybe some egg-whites for breakfast added in.

Retired

Brown rice and vegetables.

Astonishing Member

For most people, the diet is way harder than the actual working out.

I know that at one point in life, I wanted to get having the 6-pack abs. I finally did get into the 6-digits in body fat, but it was totally consuming my life. Even though I was only working out about one hour a day, every other moment I was either 1.)Eating 2.)Meal Prepping 3.)Planning what I was going to Eat or Meal Prep 4.)Not having any social life whatsoever because I didn't want to ruin my diet. I think for most people for whom it isn't part of their job, it's not sustainable for the long term. And even for those who it is, they don't eat or look like that all the time. Most of them settle for being a little less perfect until they are going to be in front of the camera and then do it in short spurts.

Not a professional so I'm not going to recommend anything but you can definitely google it. (The above advice is good too) If you want professional help, hire a nutritionist and bring a picture of what you want to look like. Same for a personal trainer. You can get the honest advice of what it will take.

Spectacular Member Kuro no Shinigami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

So what can actors and models afford to eat?
    Can afford?

Most of the celebrity A-List actors have enough money to buy food for a hundred people. They do that at their parties which they host.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    depends what your trying to do. If your trying to just lose weight and get ripped and not put on muscle mass. Keto is a good way to go. No Sugar/Carbs, also when you work out do Low weight high reps. If your trying to Bulk up like Jackman for Wolverine you have to eat alot. Alot of chicken and rice. Jackman said the working out was nothing compared to the diet. He hated eating cuase he had to force himself to eat every couple hours. I mean he was on the Rock diet, the amount of food you have eat to maintain that muscle mass is ridiculous. Also don't forget to eat your steroids aswell.
    This. Exercise and keeping fit looks great but is a commitment to several changes in lifestyle to maintain. Its not like you can just put on muscle and you're done. Its why there are armies of nutritionists out there who can be hired as life coaches, you need help to do it.

Personally I think diet is more important than exercise. But basically the actors who always look good are doing both.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Last winter I gave myself a goal of weight training 3x a week, cardio 3x a week, and tracking my caloric intake. Felt really good doing that and lost a good chunk of weight in a relatively little amount of time, but it's in acknowledgement that I had the time and resources to devote to that change. That was without a nutritionist or a trainer, which either the actor or the studio can more than likely afford (more than a few MCU actors have publicly thanked Marvel for picking up the tab of a personal trainer), all of which would likely have doubled or even tripled by progress.

Kumail Nanjiani wrote a thoughtful post on IG about it, too.

With that said, it should also be recognized that a hundred people can go on the same diet and same workout regimen and still have a hundred different body shapes and sizes. Lizzo rehearsed several times a week for 2 hour shows where she did all her own dancing (pre-pandemic, of course). She's proudly on the larger side, and she's just as rhythmic and on cue as her dance crew.

Does this help?

I can tell you when I worked with Collin Hanks he was slimming down for King Kong and he told me all he was eating was Oatmeal. Every day for breakfast and lunch and something sensible for dinner. but his weight fluctuated. You just have to be disciplined

BANNED

Frozen peas, drinking a lot of water, vegetables. Many Hollywood starlets go beyond skinny. The worst part is they think they look beautiful being a size minus 2.