Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-man issue 47

Nice Issue. was Norah always this unlikeable? this is the first series I read of her. Carlie spitting facts about human nature right now. Next issue will be fun spoilers:
    Looks like Peter will have to save Norman again
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

This was definitely the philosophical issue that explains the crux of the series. I am really enjoying this story arc and think it's one of Spencer's best! As for Norah, she used to have a reporter's honor, but spoilers:
    ever since she started working with Chameleon, it's like she's lost all that
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Nice Issue. was Norah always this unlikeable? this is the first series I read of her. Carlie spitting facts about human nature right now. Next issue will be fun spoilers:
    Looks like Peter will have to save Norman again
    end of spoilers
    Norah reminds me of Megan Kelly. Formally of Fox News and them bombed out at NBC, basically a Botox Queen. There is nothing likable about her. If I would name the ladies from Amazing I do not like it is only three. 3: Liz. 2: Norah. 1: Cindy.

I haven't read the issue, but Norah never came across as likablr to me. Is entirely possible that i'm missremembering stuff about her, but i always remember her as kind of an *******, not Michelle levels, but definetly a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Norah reminds me of Megan Kelly. Formally of Fox News and them bombed out at NBC, basically a Botox Queen. There is nothing likable about her. If I would name the ladies from Amazing I do not like it is only three. 3: Liz. 2: Norah. 1: Cindy.
    oh i remember that Megan Kelly name I dont watch the news expect when I pass the living room when my dad is watching.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

The Sin Eater turning into a one man lethal legion seems like a cheap gimmick on top of his Infernal powers. However the discussion about human nature was nicely portrayed as was Sin Eater's criticism of Spider Man being unable to relate to the plight of the common man in the MU due to his powers. The explanation about overdrive does add a more poignant note to the whole messy situation. It's clear that the rule of law us going to break down and sineaters crusade is going to unleash anarchy so it's high time the web warriors assemble to provide backup.

BANNED

Didn't expect Sin Eater to become a metaphor for Trump era populism.

Great issue though...art could have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Didn't expect Sin Eater to become a metaphor for Trump era populism.

Great issue though...art could have been better.
    I'm not crazy about the art either (still have no idea why Bagley didn't draw these last two issues), but luckily Bagley is coming back next issue!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I haven't read the issue, but Norah never came across as likablr to me. Is entirely possible that i'm missremembering stuff about her, but i always remember her as kind of an *******, not Michelle levels, but definetly a bad one.
    Well, she was always kind of abrasive and in-your-face, and pretty blaise towards people, but she at least had some integrity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, she was always kind of abrasive and in-your-face, and pretty blaise towards people, but she at least had some integrity.
    I think Spencer knows that Norah is not well-liked in the Spider-cast and is amping up her negative traits on purpose, I been told she had more of a positive role in Greg Rucka Punisher. but yeah I never liked her, then again I know I was being bias as a Peter/Mj shipper and never liked any of the love interests introduced in BND and I honestly do think she treated Randy poorly especially in Spider-Island Phil urich thing.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Norah was a decent character during Ruckas Punisher (possibly my favourite run of Punisher)

Really nice issue. I like where this is going. I’m starting to think we’ll have a Norman/Spidey team up against the Sin-Eater(S)

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    The Sin Eater turning into a one man lethal legion seems like a cheap gimmick on top of his Infernal powers. However the discussion about human nature was nicely portrayed as was Sin Eater's criticism of Spider Man being unable to relate to the plight of the common man in the MU due to his powers. The explanation about overdrive does add a more poignant note to the whole messy situation. It's clear that the rule of law us going to break down and sineaters crusade is going to unleash anarchy so it's high time the web warriors assemble to provide backup.
    Thing is, I hope Nick Spencer doesn't let Spidey let what Sin Eater said about him stand in the next issue, because everything Sin-Eater did say about Spidey was a load of BS, and Spider-Man should know this. Why? Because Peter Parker did start out as thinking he was "superior" to everyone when he first got his powers...until his Uncle Ben was murdered. A murder that was indirect result of Spidey not acting to stop the Burglar because he thought himself above it all. And ever since then, Peter has never thought himself better than anyone else. He's seen himself as just a guy trying to do the right thing, and that it's all the more important that he do what's right because he has powers. If Sin-Eater had been talking to Doc Ock when he was "The Superior Spider-Man," then he might have point.

Still, this was a good issue, and perhaps Spencer will have Spider-Man say to Sin-Eater just why he's so wrong about his "superior" speech.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Thing is, I hope Nick Spencer doesn't let Spidey let what Sin Eater said about him stand in the next issue, because everything Sin-Eater did say about Spidey was a load of BS, and Spider-Man should know this. Why? Because Peter Parker did start out as thinking he was "superior" to everyone when he first got his powers...until his Uncle Ben was murdered. A murder that was indirect result of Spidey not acting to stop the Burglar because he thought himself above it all. And ever since then, Peter has never thought himself better than anyone else. He's seen himself as just a guy trying to do the right thing, and that it's all the more important that he do what's right because he has powers. If Sin-Eater had been talking to Doc Ock when he was "The Superior Spider-Man," then he might have point.

Still, this was a good issue, and perhaps Spencer will have Spider-Man say to Sin-Eater just why he's so wrong about his "superior" speech.
    Oh no doubt it will be disproved later but it doesn't make it any less true to a certain extent. For all Peter being a hero who connects people on a grassroots level and his friendly neighborhood persona ultimately he has powers which put him above the fray the common man in the MU finds himself in every time some menace raises it's head. He will not be able to relate to being helpless and hopeless against all the insanity that the normal citizens have to face on a daily basis that cost them their and their near and dear ones their lives, their livelihood etc. He can never understand the feeling of having their fate being dictated by the power struggles of the elite paranormals. So it is true **** to a certain extent and hence it will stick to Spider Man and smear him with dirt till the current status quo persists.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Oh no doubt it will be disproved later but it doesn't make it any less true to a certain extent. For all Peter being a hero who connects people on a grassroots level and his friendly neighborhood persona ultimately he has powers which put him above the fray the common man in the MU finds himself in every time some menace raises it's head. He will not be able to relate to being helpless and hopeless against all the insanity that the normal citizens have to face on a daily basis that cost them their and their near and dear ones their lives, their livelihood etc. He can never understand the feeling of having their fate being dictated by the power struggles of the elite paranormals. So it is true **** to a certain extent and hence it will stick to Spider Man and smear him with dirt till the current status quo persists.
    You both, along with the issue itself, raise some interesting and valid points. Hell, Nick Spencer already tackled something like this in the past, building up to and going through Secret Empire, with HYDRA-Cap justifying his actions by claiming that superheroes no longer understood, reflected, or even respected the concerns, needs, and fears of the average human citizen in the Marvel Universe. While Peter himself may be closer to those average humans than most superheroes in Marvel these days are, the argument that even he doesn't fully grasp what it's like to be helpless and desperate in a world full of constantly clashing superhumans is a solid one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Really good issue. I wonder what the twist will be. Is Spidey right or wrong about Sin Eaters new powers? What is Sin Eater really doing to people? Are they really “cured” for good, or is there a bad side effect with the outcome?

But beyond that, what about Sin Eaters followers? Are they going to be killing for real, or is Sin Eater somehow passing his power into them to do the same thing?

Also, Sin Eater absorbing powers is making hime more and more of an impossible threat for Spidey to beat. After this, Sin Eater will be powerful enough to do whatever he wants.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 08-27-2020 at 06:34 AM.