Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If Princess Bride counts as a chick flick, that'd be it for me, but I kinda doubt it does. Otherwise, I'd say Plus One.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I was rooting for Julia Roberts to get the guy over Cameron Diaz.
    I thought I was the only one that felt that way. It was years before I could see Cameron Diaz in anything without loathing her because of her irritating character in that movie.

This one slipped my mind, probably because it's been a tv series for several years now, but it started out as a series of movies on Hallmark - the Good With! I'm a huge Good Witch fan.

Which reminds me I need to catch up on the last few episodes I've got recorded...

When Harry Met Sally
    Pretty In Pink
    How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
    Grease
    Dirty Dancing
    Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If Princess Bride counts as a chick flick, that'd be it for me, but I kinda doubt it does. Otherwise, I'd say Plus One.
    The Princess Bride is probably my favorite movie. Interesting whether it counts as a "chick flick". It's driven by a romance but doesn't really revolve around it. At the beginning, there's self-mockery with the grandson thinking it's a romance story and only gets interested because it has "meaningful" stuff like fights only to later show that he's totally hooked by the romance part but will never admit it.

I'd say it's not a chick flick because the romance is not the front and center main part of the story.
    Power with Girl is better.

Crazy/Beautiful for me. Kirsten Dunst showing skin was all I needed to know.

Extraordinary Member

Every guy I know loves Mean Girls

Ultimate Member

I've never seen that movie and have no real interest to, also only saw parts of The Princess Bride...

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I love good "chick flicks", probably more than good action flicks. When Harry Met Sally (the GOAT), Mean Girls, Princess Bride, Fried Green Tomatoes, the Breakfast Club, 10 Things I Hate About You, pretty much everything from Richard Curtis but especially About Time - all classics. And if musicals are considered "chick flicks" then I have a whole bunch of those that I love too, from West Side Story to Les Miserable to the glorious awfulness of Mama Mia.

But, man, bad chick flicks are pretty unbearable. Pretty much anything starring Kate Hudson in the genre (she's good in other stuff), Katherine Heigl and Sarah Jessica Parker should be burned, buried and forgotten about. There is, however, nothing worse than "chick flicks" from Adam Sandler's stable (the Wedding Singer aside, maybe) - but then, these might be rom coms but they're so blatantly misogynistic that they're in no way for "chicks". Or blokes either, for that matter.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.