Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats not true at all. Hello Illyana, X-23, the Cuckoos, Jean and her multiple Phoenix resurrections. Krakoa doesnt agree with this statement at all

Any mutant not on Krakoa is an enemy....WTF? The X-men did not treat Angel, Beak, Stinger, Cannonball and several other non-Krakoan residents as enemies. Thats quite a stretch to suggest there is genocide being commtited in this book
    You are completely missing my point.I said what I said precisely because Cookoos,X-23 and Maggie have sentience,they do and Krakoa at least for the first two cases saw no need to do away with their bodies to bring them back, if they died for Krakoa and were resurrected off panel, is a completely different issue than purposefully without any question just destroying sentient beings because 'you're less than mutant' not until you are brought back by our five.

Again you missed my point on the 'enemy' part ,the marauders did not consciously declare war on Krakoa, it is the Hellions sent to kill them in stasis by the QC ...based on what? Sinister's whim and Xavier agreeing that they are sub-mutant? Who gets to decide that? Is Krakoa now the one deciding which mutant is worth living with this action?

As I said you seem to be justifying Krakoa's actions here but you don't seem to see the supremacist mentality behind it.

The Marauders weren't active clones until Maddie did her magic on them, you can see that the other clones are just inside a pod/husks in the clones factory. It's the factory that they need to get rid of.

And I think you didn't read the comic nor the data page that Dante posted if you don't understand what the X-Men want to do about the Marauders besides destroying the clones facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    You are completely missing my point.I said what I said precisely because Cookoos,X-23 and Maggie have sentience,they do and Krakoa at least for the first two cases saw no need to do away with their bodies to bring them back, if they died for Krakoa and were resurrected off panel, is a completely different issue than purposefully without any question just destroying sentient beings because 'you're less than mutant' not until you are brought back by our five.

Again you missed my point on the 'enemy' part ,the marauders did not consciously declare war on Krakoa, it is the Hellions sent to kill them in stasis by the QC ...based on what? Sinister's whim and Xavier agreeing that they are sub-mutant? Who gets to decide that? Is Krakoa now the one deciding which mutant is worth living with this action?

As I said you seem to be justifying Krakoa's actions here but you don't seem to see the supremacist mentality behind it.

The Maraurder clones are barely even human. They are decaying zombies and not much different than the ones that Wanda brought to life. These things in this book are abominations and not close to the originals at all.

Maddie used demonic magic for this. They had no sentient before she gave it to them and the Maraurders didnt know about her until they arrived
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-29-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Maraurder clones are barely even human. They are decaying zombies and not much different than the ones that Wanda brought to life. These things in this book are abominations and not close to the originals at all.

Maddie used demonic magic for this. They had no sentient before she gave it to them and the Maraurders didnt know about her until they arrived
    We can definitely surmise Maggie is controlling them ,but we are not at all told she gave them sentience.They depict them in vats and stasis tubes, which are technologies fully compatible with Sinister.So it could be Maggie woke them up

Again the argument that they are zombies is irrelevant , in Empyre X-Men we have a clean get out that the zombies would die in 30 days or so .The writers didn't have exploding boy from Krakoa killing his own 'twin' from Genosha because it was moot but also because of the optics. The zombie sacrificed himself to get closure or help whatever the end game was his deed was heroic.

Now here we have the opposite ,mind you the Hellions were sent to shut down the facility,not because they knew Maddie was there but because they were down with following orders.(so she is not the motivator) They are down with executing anyone in the facility, awake or not, their drive is the belief that they have a right to life because their technoly is sound and Sinister's is 'unnatural'. The hubris is mind blowing.
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-29-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Creepy tone is fine, and I might have just been in a mood so I will reread it, but I really wish we had more actual interaction here with only one more issue before the X-over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Truly the work of nazis.
    Is this Beast?

I thought that Hellions #3 was the best X-comic out this week. I really enjoyed it.

Maddie was great. The creepy tone of the story was great. I don't particularly care for zombie stories, but this one was really good. It was a much better use of zombies than what was shown in Empyre X-Men in my opinion.

My favorite part of the comic was Havok cutting his mouth open and kissing Maddie.

I've been continuing to enjoy this book a lot, and I think it really is my favourite thing to come out of the Hickman era. Greycrow's been the surprise breakout character for me, and I'm actually excited to learn more about Nanny and Orphan-Maker's past.

Astonishing Member

Since there isn't a Hellions appreciation thread yet, I wanted to say that after (hopefully) Maddy joins the team, what do you guys think of Archangel joining the team as well? I never had much use for Warren originally but thought the archangel upgrade made him a fascinating character (the powerset, persona and conflict with Apocalypse) and he would be a cool addition to our motley crew at Hellions, since as far as I can tell he isn't being used anywhere else at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Since there isn't a Hellions appreciation thread yet, I wanted to say that after (hopefully) Maddy joins the team, what do you guys think of Archangel joining the team as well? I never had much use for Warren originally but thought the archangel upgrade made him a fascinating character (the powerset, persona and conflict with Apocalypse) and he would be a cool addition to our motley crew at Hellions, since as far as I can tell he isn't being used anywhere else at the moment.
    No. He doesnt fit the concept of the team unless they bring back the dual Archangel personality which has been done to death in recent years. That in and of itself is redundant with what they are doing with Alex and his inverted self. I'd rather Warren headline the long rumored X-Corp title than slum it over here. Its time that he is written heroic again and not mentally unstable

Astonishing Member

missed the X-corp solicit, who else in on the squad and what is the pitch? If he is off the table what about Bobby Sunspot, what book is he on? I know that he was in the initial New Mutants arc, but don't get the feel that is his permanent home.

missed the X-corp solicit, who else in on the squad and what is the pitch? If he is off the table what about Bobby Sunspot, what book is he on? I know that he was in the initial New Mutants arc, but don't get the feel that is his permanent home.
    we dont even know if its still happening but they were mentioned in Empyre and the only members there were Monet and Angel. Sunspot set it up and Madrox was teased as a member too, but alas this is a team without a title. Maybe they will get one after XOS is done

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Inferno was not good and it was a clumsy way of making Scott look like the good guy (Like Schism, Avengers vs X-men and Inhumans were a clumsy way of making Scott look like the bad guy. Marvel always gets the opposite effect with Scott).

But what is certain is that Maddie was a creative dead end. She had no way out beyond disappearing or being a villain. All non-superhero characters in all superhero comics end up disappearing or transforming into villains or superheroes unless they are incredibly iconic (J.J. Jameson, MJ, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen ...)

And Maddie didn't have that iconicity. After her marriage to Scott she just ... existed in the comics as a backpack that they had to carry from one place to another. The possibility of making Maddie a hero also did not exist because she would be identical to Jean. The only way to keep her in the narrative was to be a villain.

It's the same reason why Moira was killed and know she is a mutant.
    i dont think that Avengers vs Xmen wanted Scott to be seeing as wrong, at least not for the readers. The story put a lot of blame too in the avengers side.

Inhumans vs Xmen, i still dont understand what was the point of the story, the whole terrigen mist was a mess, Medusa literally attempted genocide.

About Maddie, they could have take another direction, the problem is....Maddie herself is lame, Jean dies and Scott meets a new redhead that almost looks like Jean...then why the hell did they kill Jean??

The clone retcon ironically makes sense of an absurd situation but making her evil...i dont think that was the only option.
    Last edited by Lapsus; 09-03-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    i dont think that Avengers vs Xmen wanted Scott to be seeing as wrong, at least not for the readers. The story put a lot of blame too in the avengers side.

Inhumans vs Xmen, i still dont understand what was the point of the story, the whole terrigen mist was a mess, Medusa literally attempted genocide.

About Maddie, they could have take another direction, the problem is....Maddie herself is lame, Jean dies and Scott meets a new redhead that almost looks like Jean...then why the hell did they kill Jean??

The clone retcon ironically makes sense of an absurd situation but making her evil...i dont think that was the only option.
    It was not the only option but the other options would have been to kill her or make her irrelevant, and making Scott's ex-wife who is the mother of his son irrelevant is narratively less natural or interesting.

Astonishing Member

She was characterized in a compelling way during the Outback Uncanny era, Claremont's writing of her there made her my favorite X-Lady, that era also cemented Havok as my favorite X-Man. However back to Hellions #3 something is going on that is off. A lot of main characters are acting out of character, Sinister was never a babbling dope, Alex didn't seem inverted during that last Uncanny run after Cyclops' rebirth. Maddy wasn't acting like Maddy really acts, she wasn't the compelling conflicted character (Outback Maddy) but one could say she was that one note villainess she was in the X-Factor Inferno issues. This makes me think some outside force in manipulating them all. Could it be Sym or Nas'tirah??? Something is going on. I am waiting for Wells to give us the real Maddy and get her on the team and make Alex and Sinister act right.

She was characterized in a compelling way during the Outback Uncanny era, Claremont's writing of her there made her my favorite X-Lady, that era also cemented Havok as my favorite X-Man. However back to Hellions #3 something is going on that is off. A lot of main characters are acting out of character, Sinister was never a babbling dope, Alex didn't seem inverted during that last Uncanny run after Cyclops' rebirth. Maddy wasn't acting like Maddy really acts, she wasn't the compelling conflicted character (Outback Maddy) but one could say she was that one note villainess she was in the X-Factor Inferno issues. This makes me think some outside force in manipulating them all. Could it be Sym or Nas'tirah??? Something is going on. I am waiting for Wells to give us the real Maddy and get her on the team and make Alex and Sinister act right.
    That’s just Sinister’s new characterization in the DoX era, even applying to flashbacks. If you’re expecting that to be the fault of any outside influence, I think you’re going to be disappointed.

Also I don’t think Mandy has acted like outback Maddy in a long, long time.