Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Hellions #3 spoilers

We start off with the pages from the preview. Maddie uses her magic piano to put Alex under her spell. After she's done, Alex cuts his own sealed mouth open with a glass shard and sings Maddie's praises, talking about how he also has resentments over his brother, just like her. She kisses his freshly open bloody mouth.

In some other area of Sinister's old labs, Kwannon fights Wild Child. She manages to piece a psy knife through his skull, but that only leaves with his primal instincts i.e. almost the same as before.

Meanwhile, the magic controlled Marauders clones are hungry. Alex wonders why they don't just eat Greycrow, but Maddie says she's saving him for herself. She reminds John that he was the one who shot her in the head and stole her baby. We also get a scene of Maddie explaining her evil plan to Havok, as she feels excluded from the creation mutant paradise and must take all of Sinister's unused clones to burn through Krakoa and remind them of their mistake in ignoring her. She also plans to bring Alex's head specially for Scott. All he can respond is "yesh kween".

Kwannon fights Wild Child again, but this time only using physical force. She manages to overpower him, and apparently that does the job in fixing Wild Child's mind, as he likes to "know who's in charge". There's a data page written by an unknown source that states how the council and security of Krakoa must be wary of Kwannon's influence over her team, since this is probably a beneficial relationship for both of them and Sinister certainly has his own plans as always.

The other clones try to break through Nanny and the Orphan Maker's robot suits to eat them. When they break through Orphan's suit, that causes some sort of goo to leak right in one of the Marauders' face, burning him all the way to his skull. Nanny tries to tell a story about her baby's origins like Maddie and Alex did in the start of the issue, but in a funny scene, she's interrupted by the hungry Marauders. Arclight is another hungry one, and she cuts a piece of Greycrow for her to eat.

The last page shows Kwannon and a now fixed Wild Child ready to face the rest of the mess.

-

Another great issue with fantastic art by Segovia. It's really impressive how Wells can build a tense situation while managing various other components - Kwannon's influence over the team, Wild Child's mental state, Maddie's backstory, the mystery of Nanny and Orphan Maker's real forms, etc. And it all manages to be disgusting and disturbing in a non off putting way.

If Xavier had read more stories he would know that the evil sorceress must be invited so that she does not take offense.

Hellions is easily the best X-Book right now.

I never cared about the Maddie Pryor stuff, but here she just oozes diva. I never thought I'd see the day where someone would use a shard of Prism's shattered body to cut their own mouth open. Love it.

The Wild Child stuff was, as usual, the worst part of the story.

I love the characterization of the original Marauders. From Scrambler's reaction to his face melting off to Greycrow really trying to talk some sense into Arclight (I guarantee she killed/maimed herself to stop her from hurting her ex-lover). It's all fabulous and I really hope they are all able to join Krakoa despite their checkered pasts. The mass of clones Maddie wants to summon has me worried for them, though.

I feel your pain Maddie

>>BURN KRAKOA<<<

hahah

BANNED

That kiss... Ewwwww! Can we kill Alex and bring him back?

queen.jpg Best part of the issue

I love this series so much and this issue was a great showcase of Wells and Segovia's talent. IMO this was a flawless issue.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Another really good issue, although it was a quick read. Loved Maddie, I assumed she was responsible for Alex's inverted persona resurfacing, but that doesn't seem to be the case, perhaps it's Sinister. It looks like we might finally find out what Orphan Maker's mutant ability is. The data pages seem to be written by Beast, I wonder if that is foreshadowing his eventually joining the team.

did not really like this issue, not a fan of gore or the stereotypical deranged villain, if this is how maddie is going to be portrayed I don't really care for this imterpretation of her character.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I love this series so much and this issue was a great showcase of Wells and Segovia's talent. IMO this was a flawless issue.
    I agree. Best art for me in current X-Books. Also the writing is so disturbing and yet entertaining. My kind of book. I'm loving Kwannon more and more. Betsy is still my girl but I do love an antiheroine.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 08-26-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Another really good issue, although it was a quick read. Loved Maddie, I assumed she was responsible for Alex's inverted persona resurfacing, but that doesn't seem to be the case, perhaps it's Sinister. It looks like we might finally find out what Orphan Maker's mutant ability is. The data pages seem to be written by Beast, I wonder if that is foreshadowing his eventually joining the team.
    It reads more like Warren, I think.

This book is the wonderful Maddie Pryor solo book we've always deserved. I hope she never leaves.

Mighty Member

Zeb Wells really knows how to write! This issue is full of suspense, gory and intrigue.

Fantastic entertainment unlike some other Dawn of X books.

My complains is that the cast is a bunch of villains except for Havok and also the art isn't good.
    Last edited by ericng; 08-26-2020 at 08:22 AM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It reads more like Warren, I think.
    The rhetoric seems too erudite for Warren to me. I also think the data page about how Empath's powers affect him were written by the same person and the level of scientific knowledge is more like Beast.

This book is so twisted, I love it. It's my guilty pleasure and my favorite book at the moment.