Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 192
  1. #31
    Incredible Member Lapsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    514

    Default

    My problem with Maddie is that she feels small compared to what is happening around the x-men. As a villain, i can live without her, for me, she should have a big arc about herself when she is the primary villain and finally a well deserved send off.

    Despite this, not bad issue but i am more interested in the team.

  2. #32
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    This is the best one in all of the 2nd wave series. Fast-paced but does not leave out important details. The team dynamics are A+ as well. It's great that we are slowly being shown Kwannon with a semblance of a distinct personality (Fallen Angels was amazing but was overly brainy and ended too soon). #SheIsNotBetsy.
    IDA. She reads exactly like Betsy did before the recent switch

  3. #33

    Default

    ^ I kinda hope that after her "I will scorch this Earth" storyline, she gets evolved as a character. Someone in this thread pointed out how she is being portrayed as a stereotype and honestly, I agree. I can also see the portrayal as very gendered.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA. She reads exactly like Betsy did before the recent switch
    I'm coming in late to a lot of stuff so I may misunderstand things, but to me this issue made Kwannon come across as more calculating and more willing to go low down and dirty than Betsy, who is portrayed in Excalibur as very austere, very noblewoman-like.

  5. #35
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I'm coming in late to a lot of stuff so I may misunderstand things, but to me this issue made Kwannon come across as more calculating and more willing to go low down and dirty than Betsy, who is portrayed in Excalibur as very austere, very noblewoman-like.
    yeah current Betsy in Excalibur is almost written as a new character than she has been for the past 20 years. Its a common complaint her fans have had with the writing over there. Kwannon in Hellions is protrayed how Betsy used to be



    She killed Magneto before so the way Kwannon handled Wild Child felt very familiar. She flat out killed many people when she was in X-Force and had no qualms about getting dirty

  6. #36

    Default

    Another homerun. We were blessed this week, fans.

    I love all the elements especially, and obviously, Nanny and Peter's mystery slowing unfolding. And the data pages on Kwannon had my mouth watering.

    Hellions continues to rocket to the top of my list.

    P.S. I love that Empath is in the roster page but he still dead. LOL!



    Periodt.
    Last edited by Jbenito; 08-26-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She killed Magneto before so the way Kwannon handled Wild Child felt very familiar. She flat out killed many people when she was in X-Force and had no qualms about getting dirty
    One of my absolute favorite scenes in comics. Thanks for that.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  8. #38
    Judgement Awaits LordAllMIghty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,064

    Default

    Jean come get your sister...she having abandonment issues.

    I really enjoy this book. The stuff with Psylocke and Wild Child is interesting. I want to see what's under Organ Makers armor.
    Try Jesus. Don't try me...cause I throw hands. https://youtu.be/zFU0PTsykeU

  9. #39
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Jean come get your sister...she having abandonment issues.
    .

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Jean come get your sister...she having abandonment issues.
    Lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I really enjoy this book. The stuff with Psylocke and Wild Child is interesting. I want to see what's under Organ Makers armor.
    I'm telling ya'll, they're gonna break him out of there and he's all: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b5/12...3a4d4126b8.jpg
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  11. #41
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    California,Sacramento
    Posts
    5,991

    Default

    So basically Maddie is just MAD because they forgot about her is what I got from her plan.

  12. #42
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Another homerun. We were blessed this week, fans.

    I love all the elements especially, and obviously, Nanny and Peter's mystery slowing unfolding. And the data pages on Kwannon had my mouth watering.

    Hellions continues to rocket to the top of my list.

    P.S. I love that Empath is in the roster page but he still dead. LOL!



    Periodt.
    that was such an awesome panel
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    My problem with Maddie is that she feels small compared to what is happening around the x-men. As a villain, i can live without her, for me, she should have a big arc about herself when she is the primary villain and finally a well deserved send off.

    Despite this, not bad issue but i am more interested in the team.
    As a character that reminds everyone that life isn’t always about spectacular events, I find her interesting. It’s her hurt and that’s enough for her as a reason. She hasn’t to fit the agenda.

  14. #44
    X-Cultist nx01a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    479′S 12643′W
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    YESH, KWEEN!!!!!
    >Another great issue with creepy/fun writing and creepy/cool art.
    >Now we know how he got those scars. That was hardcore, Havok.
    >Maddie's not just chewing the scenery here, she's devouring it! Her monologues are such grandiose power trips, and getting turned on by then kissing Havok's bloody mouth? Damn, girl!
    >Psylocke vs Wild Child was a fun diversion.
    >Greycrow and his ex-gf was unfortunate. I hope Arclight can be salvaged.
    >Now that Orphan Maker's 'seal' has been 'broken', I can't wait to see what else comes out apart from toxic sludge.

    Favourite panel...
    mad.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

  15. #45
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    So basically Maddie is just MAD because they forgot about her is what I got from her plan.
    Xavier sent out an open invitation to all mutants. I think she really wanted a personal hand written note addressed specifically to her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •