Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why would she join Krakoa? What could have Krakoa that Maddie would want? Sinister’s head on a plate?
    Drama. She wants drama and Krakoa is pure drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Attention? She seems to crave that. I think she would live for hte opportunity to make people around her uncomfortable. I know people like her that do not do well being by themselves. Ignoring them is the best revenge. Those type of people live for the drama as it gives them a sense of validation. Thats Maddie.
    Krakoa’s mutants have accepted a lot of villains but they would be fools to accept Maddie. She would never have enough…

If something of the bright, young girl subsists in her, it’s only Scott’s love that would satisfy her, erase all the wrong that have been done to her. Everything else would be trifle to her…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't know him thoroughly ,but to my knowledge no he is not related to Sabertooth, they seem to just have an animalistic bond or kinship, but he is trained in hand to hand combat so to see Psyloche beat him like he is a novice is laughable.
    Well he looks like Creed. So he can job like him too. Someone has to get that job since Jobbertooth is OOA.

Skills mean nothing. In the end, the more popular character in a battle wins. That's 80% of modern storytelling for you.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-26-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Drama. She wants drama and Krakoa is pure drama.
    Predators want something from their prey, too… I don’t see her taking orders. She wants to run the show.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Krakoa’s mutants have accepted a lot of villains but they would be fools to accept Maddie. She would never have enough…

If something of the bright, young girl subsists in her, it’s only Scott’s love that would satisfy her, erase all the wrong that have been done to her. Everything else would be trifle to her…
    They accepted Shadow King, Selene and Sinister, and Maddie isnt really any worse than them.

Predators want something from their prey, too… I don’t see her taking orders. She wants to run the show.
    Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. It might be safer to keep her around so they can watch her, rather then to leave her free to plot. Maddie in many ways is a failure of the X-men so it would be responsible of them to help rehabilitate her. Look at what they've done for Vulcan who was even worse than her. She isnt a lost cause yet but ignoring her will make her so

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

great fun issue - love that Maddie is back - and that blood kiss! haha loved it

Finally Kwannon is interesting too

Fantastic art too

(I wouldn't confirm Shadow King with what could be a artist error).

Scott has been open to trying to talk and negotiate with Maddie, even after she raped him in San Francisco, he tried to convince her to stop his plan.

In the arc that Maddie was resurrected (which everyone forgot), Storm was able to negotiate a truce with her. I'm not saying it would be smart to allow Maddie in Krakoa but there are precedents of X-Men open to trying to redeem her or maintain neutral relationships with her.

Keep your friends close; keep your enemies closer. It might be safer to keep her around so they can watch her, rather then to leave her free to plot. Maddie in many ways is a failure of the X-men so it would be responsible of them to help rehabilitate her. Look at what they've done for Vulcan who was even worse than her. She isnt a lost cause yet but ignoring her will make her so
    I don’t know… it wouldn’t be the first time that Xavier took pride in believing that everyone can be rehabilitated.

So far, it has worked according his plans, hasn’t it? Shouldn’t he believe that it will go on?

I want that Psyknife to the skull page printed out as a poster. Psylocke screaming out "I am the Alpha" is just so perfect and meme worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I'm coming in late to a lot of stuff so I may misunderstand things, but to me this issue made Kwannon come across as more calculating and more willing to go low down and dirty than Betsy, who is portrayed in Excalibur as very austere, very noblewoman-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    I want that Psyknife to the skull page printed out as a poster. Psylocke screaming out "I am the Alpha" is just so perfect and meme worthy.
    It is a fierce page. I cheered out loud !
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

This was a fantastic second issue for Hellions and a great showcase of Wells and Segovia's talents. I always enjoyed Wells' writing but Segovia has been a real revelation in recent years, his art getting increasingly better with each project.

I loved all the scenes with Madelyne, the callbacks to her history, her pain, her need to belong. Wells has done fantastic character work on her in this issue and I hope it can eventually lead to a redemption arc for her, opening her up for a reconciliation with her family on Krakoa.

Another character Zeb rightfully thought to delve into is Kwannon, who is still in desperate need for some depth after the very disappointing Fallen Angels. I really hope he gets to flesh her out and give her more personality over the coming months.

BANNED

Attention? She seems to crave that. I think she would live for hte opportunity to make people around her uncomfortable. I know people like her that do not do well being by themselves. Ignoring them is the best revenge. Those type of people live for the drama as it gives them a sense of validation. Thats Maddie.
    This. Her son is on Krakoa. She’s trying to win him over to her side. That would make Jean and Scott upset. There’s obviously a lot of other drama she’d create.

I can see her telling Jean she not the real Jean because she’s in a clone body with a backup mind. I can see her telling Scott that too. For someone who felt she was treated poorly as a clone she’d love to run it in certain X-Men’s face that are clones.

Despite torturing the Marauders, Maddy still had a bit of feeling for them that are all clones created by Sinister, just like her. She was pisses at Greycow for ignoring her.

Looks like they will have some upcoming conversations.

Hickman is very big in increasing mutants ties to sorcery and swords, and Madelyne fits right in as a mutant witch.
    Last edited by WallStreeter; 08-26-2020 at 05:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    (I wouldn't confirm Shadow King with what could be a artist error).

Scott has been open to trying to talk and negotiate with Maddie, even after she raped him in San Francisco, he tried to convince her to stop his plan.

In the arc that Maddie was resurrected (which everyone forgot), Storm was able to negotiate a truce with her. I'm not saying it would be smart to allow Maddie in Krakoa but there are precedents of X-Men open to trying to redeem her or maintain neutral relationships with her.
    If Selene, Sinister, Mastermind, and Apocalypse can live on Krakoa so can anyone else.

Maddie was vulnerable to the demons after suffering several traumas. Scott walked out. The Marauders stile her baby and Greycow shot her in the head. Then she was forced to live in he outback in order to cover up the XMen pretending to be dead.

They didn’t care. They didn’t even help her find her baby.

So they owe her big time.

Maddie mentions Cyke and Sinister ... But she never mentions Jean (Hickman managed to erase her so well or she has no reason to hate her so much)

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Maddie mentions Cyke and Sinister ... But she never mentions Jean (Hickman managed to erase her so well or she has no reason to hate her so much)
    Well Jean technically did nothing to her... But with how petty Madelyne is and the way this book hasn't written her as letting go of old grudges, she should probably still hate her simply for existing.