Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Alex cannot save outback Maddy. She became the Goblin Queen. With that said I would love to see Maddy’s relationship with her family. Particularly her try to reach out to Cable. It would be interesting to see how Madeline and Rachel view each other. They have not had an actual dialogue.
    agree to disagree, Mutants have been redeemed from worse things than Maddy has done. I remain team Maddy and Alex. There are many relationships with Maddy I want to see explored but I would rather it happen with her as part of a team, and not just a travelling villain from book to book because then the "real" character isn't seen, you get a caricature like her portrayal in X-Factor during Inferno. I think chances of Maddy making the team are good down the line seeing as how as of right now Psylocke is the only female character on the team, yeah there is Nanny but is she a mutant or could she be an automaton I only remember her from the X-Factor appearance and an Outback era Uncanny appearance.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I wonder if Magik used the Soul Sword on Maddie if it would purge her of any lingering demonic influence and cause a resurgence of her pre-Inferno personality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I wonder if Magik used the Soul Sword on Maddie if it would purge her of any lingering demonic influence and cause a resurgence of her pre-Inferno personality.
    Whatever can bring her back would be awesome, pre demonic possession she still was pissed at Scott but she wasn't a two dimensional grievance spouting villain.

How many Jean Grey derivatives does this franchise need?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Eh I'm in it for the story potential with a competent writer you've got some delicious drama and existential crises behind Maddy.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    At least the same amount as Wolverine derivatives. I actually prefer Maddie as an antagonist, but I would like her to be more of a gray villain than a cackling evil type, not that the latter can't be entertaining.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    agree to disagree, Mutants have been redeemed from worse things than Maddy has done. I remain team Maddy and Alex. There are many relationships with Maddy I want to see explored but I would rather it happen with her as part of a team, and not just a travelling villain from book to book because then the "real" character isn't seen, you get a caricature like her portrayal in X-Factor during Inferno. I think chances of Maddy making the team are good down the line seeing as how as of right now Psylocke is the only female character on the team, yeah there is Nanny but is she a mutant or could she be an automaton I only remember her from the X-Factor appearance and an Outback era Uncanny appearance.
    I would love to see Maddy join the team. I have said repeatedly. She is a powerful woman, not a damsel in distress and that’s what I mean by asked cannot save her. In fact she enslaved him. If Madeline comes back to Krakoa I think it will be because of a conversation with Psylocke, who is showing excellent leadership skills and just how tough she is.

BANNED

Madeline has force fields so she is not getting stabbed by the soul sword. Plus she was also trained by Selene. There is no way to make her the pre Inferno Maddy. She was brought back for drama. Some things just never come back, even in comics.

BANNED

The best thing to happen to Madelyne was Inferno. Before that she was just Scott’s wife and really had no other purpose.

If she had not revealed to be Jean’s clone and therefore a mutant, plus becoming the Goblin Queen we would not be hearing about her. Scott’s human girlfriend’s Colleen Wing and Lee Forester are no longer heard from.

Two other human women associated with the XMen got killed off. Nurse Friedlander and Stevie King. Amanda Seftoj was a witch, but not a mutant so she got killed off.

My wish for next issue is for it to be revealed that Maddie is the one that brought Kwannon back. FA revealed that she had been lingering around in Betsy's body and that only makes sense if it happened during the Sisterhood arc when Maddie used her magics to bring Psylocke back and had Betsy switch bodies with the body that Spiral stiched together. Betsy fought a demonic version of herself, which in retrospect would make sense if it were Kwannon. After Betsy defeated her, Kwannon lay dormant in her head until Betsy died in MiM.

Zeb really needs to connect the stories especially since both characters are here
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-27-2020 at 08:25 PM.

Incredible Member

Ah, yes, Madelyne 'Statutory Rapist' Pryor. Always blaming everyone for what wrong in her life. I hope Mr. Sinister finally finishes the job and kills her.

I hope she sticks around. If Selene, Sinister, Emplate, and Shadow King can be around then there shouldnt be an issue with her staying.

Maddie was pretty great here.

My new catchphrase is "Yesh, Kween!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The best thing to happen to Madelyne was Inferno. Before that she was just Scott’s wife and really had no other purpose.

If she had not revealed to be Jean’s clone and therefore a mutant, plus becoming the Goblin Queen we would not be hearing about her. Scott’s human girlfriend’s Colleen Wing and Lee Forester are no longer heard from.

Two other human women associated with the XMen got killed off. Nurse Friedlander and Stevie King. Amanda Seftoj was a witch, but not a mutant so she got killed off.
    Inferno was the worst for her. She was made so over the top evil just to make cyclops look good leaving her. It would have not surprised me if they said after killing her that she cheated with board games to make her "more" evil.