Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    The rhetoric seems too erudite for Warren to me. I also think the data page about how Empath's powers affect him were written by the same person and the level of scientific knowledge is more like Beast.
    Those pages were written by Psylocke, I think.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

psylocke is such a badass yes! loved it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Zeb Wells... not sure if this controversial to say this, but I'd rank him in the Top 5 X-writers post CC. New Mutants was great and the start of this series is reminding me strongly of his strengths as a writer.

Excellent issue.

Maddie was spectacular in today’s issue. 3 issues in and she’s been written and treated with such respect, love how she addresses her past. Would love to see her on Krakoa and as a future member of the Hellions.

This was... bizarre and I loved it!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    psylocke is such a badass yes! loved it
    She maybe a badass but it would come across better if Wild child was not written as all bark and no bite. I think him being written as fan service cannon fodder helps her. Otherwise good issue but I hope we don't get the same Zombie invasion thing all over again coz the zombie story in Empyre was very poorly written. Madelyn better have a bigger plan than mindless clones, but I won't lie vengeance is always a good dish either stale(*cough* dead) or fresh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Maddie was spectacular in today’s issue. 3 issues in and she’s been written and treated with such respect, love how she addresses her past. Would love to see her on Krakoa and as a future member of the Hellions.
    As I keep saying please no...to build her up this way and have her singing kumbaya on Krakoa would be a disservice..we don't need every single villain on Krakoa twiddling their thumbs- look at Selene ..absolutely wasted! I rather have Maggie use Sinister's creations as her own community mirroring Krakoa's hypocrisy .What makes Marauder resurrection through Sinister templates blasphemy and Xavier's way using Sinister's identical baseline data sacrosanct? The writers need to pursue this path Maddie is onto something here.No need to drop this plot.Keep her and the Marauders as an autonomous 'Miltonian' thorn in Krakoa's side I say
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-26-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Great issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    She maybe a badass but it would come across better if Wild child was not written as all bark and no bite. I think him being written as fan service cannon fodder helps her. Otherwise good issue but I hope we don't get the same Zombie invasion thing all over again coz the zombie story in Empyre was very poorly written. Madelyn better have a bigger plan than mindless clones, but I won't lie vengeance is always a good dish either stale(*cough* dead) or fresh
    what is his background? I'm not familiar with the character. is he related to sabretooth?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what is his background? I'm not familiar with the character. is he related to sabretooth?
    I don't know him thoroughly ,but to my knowledge no he is not related to Sabertooth, they seem to just have an animalistic bond or kinship, but he is trained in hand to hand combat so to see Psyloche beat him like he is a novice is laughable.

I don't know him thoroughly ,but to my knowledge no he is not related to Sabertooth, they seem to just have an animalistic bond or kinship, but he is trained in hand to hand combat so to see Psyloche beat him like he is a novice is laughable.
    I gotcha. thanks

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Wild Child's higher functions had already been disabled by her psy-knife, so he was attacking with pure animal instinct versus Kwannon's measured and deadly martial arts, it makes sense to me that he lost.

Maddie is nuts! She seems more psychotic than ever

The first stab left him without any knowledge other than primal instincts, whatever hand to hand training he had, Psylocke erased it for the fight.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

This is the best one in all of the 2nd wave series. Fast-paced but does not leave out important details. The team dynamics are A+ as well. It's great that we are slowly being shown Kwannon with a semblance of a distinct personality (Fallen Angels was amazing but was overly brainy and ended too soon). #SheIsNotBetsy.