Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But that's the point, right? Maddie feels ignored and forgotten (like the rest of the mutant villains who have not joined Krakoa) and that is precisely why she is angry. She doesn't fit into Krakoa's narrative and she hates that. It's a bit meta.
    Yes! And I love that she's angry and she wants to be extremely evil.

This comic is gold btw. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yes! And I love that she's angry and she wants to be extremely evil.

This comic is gold btw. I love it.
    Agreed. She's a straight up, over the top supervillain that the X Books need. She revels in her evilness and it makes her fun to read. I hope she sticks around as a villain for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Agreed. She's a straight up, over the top supervillain that the X Books need. She revels in her evilness and it makes her fun to read. I hope she sticks around as a villain for a long time to come.
    Me too. The piano addition was perfect. Let her do the most and be extremely creepy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    But that's the point, right? Maddie feels ignored and forgotten (like the rest of the mutant villains who have not joined Krakoa) and that is precisely why she is angry. She doesn't fit into Krakoa's narrative and she hates that. It's a bit meta.
    I think Psylocke is going to bring Maddie home. The whole point of the Hellions is that they are a group that feels out of place or ostracized. Madly is made so sympathetic as a villain so she can join the team.

So, is there a greater possibility that Maddie might be Krakoa's enemy or join Krakoa?

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I was very high on the first two issues of this series (and I enjoyed Zeb Wells previous work on New Mutants) but this issue didn't *quite* hit as well as the previous two for me, mainly because I'm utterly fed up of The Wonder That Is Psylocke. Pleased to see Maddie being suitably creepy though and Havok is adorably pathetic when he's tryign to be grimdark and edgy.

As a big Outback era fan I loved the callback to Uncanny 233.

I got the alternate cover because I think the Maddie cover was dreadful, sad to say.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I don't know him thoroughly ,but to my knowledge no he is not related to Sabertooth, they seem to just have an animalistic bond or kinship, but he is trained in hand to hand combat so to see Psyloche beat him like he is a novice is laughable.
    She literally erased his mind leaving only his animal Instinct in the beginning of this issue.

I just have to say how pleased I am with what Wells is doing with Pryor. When the first teaser image of her was released, so many of us rejoiced and yaaas'ed because we were excited and hopeful she would make an impact.

She certainly has. Wells done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Folks this got two hubbas out of me.

Astonishing Member

I'm assuming we'll wrap up the Maddy plot by the next issue. Anymore and I feel like the plot would overstay its welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    I'm coming in late to a lot of stuff so I may misunderstand things, but to me this issue made Kwannon come across as more calculating and more willing to go low down and dirty than Betsy, who is portrayed in Excalibur as very austere, very noblewoman-like.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The only cause for her villainous behavior is that she wasn’t invited to live on Krakoa and feels left out. So basically, Psylocke is going to bring Maddie home to Krakoa after she comes up with a way to stop her. To me Psylocke isn’t written as Betsy/Psylocke. Psylocke/Kwannon seems very competent and deadly. But in a group of crazies she is the adult in the house. She’s a tactician capable of mot just using deadly force but reason. And she is good leader.

The caption in the book has saud the team will really follow Psylocke as she will have earned everyone’s respect. I think so, and I think Maddie will also respect her with the other teammates. Now that you have resurrection by cloning as a feature of Krakoa of course Maddie was going to be brought in the fold.
    I see what you mean...and agree that will maybe be the point of the book...hopring to see Maddie and Kwannon interact.

but ... Betsy was also very competent and deadly since Remender's Run...so yes, she is kind of being written with those aspects of her. She's just colder.

And...is it me or she doesn't look or sound japanese at all? I appreciate the black hair but she kinds of look latina...or like Lee Psylocke who never looked fully asian.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 08-26-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I see what you mean...and agree that will maybe be the point of the book...hopring to see Maddie and Kwannon interact.

but ... Betsy was also very competent and deadly since Remender's Run...so yes, she is kind of being written with those aspects of her. She's just colder.

And...is it me or she doesn't look or sound japanese at all? I appreciate the black hair but she kinds of look latina...or like Lee Psylocke who never looked fully asian.
    No its not just you. She doesnt look Asian her to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    So, is there a greater possibility that Maddie might be Krakoa's enemy or join Krakoa?
    Why would she join Krakoa? What could have Krakoa that Maddie would want? Sinister’s head on a plate?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Why would she join Krakoa? What could have Krakoa that Maddie would want? Sinister’s head on a plate?
    Attention? She seems to crave that. I think she would live for hte opportunity to make people around her uncomfortable. I know people like her that do not do well being by themselves. Ignoring them is the best revenge. Those type of people live for the drama as it gives them a sense of validation. Thats Maddie.

On the one hand?

I really think this book is head and shoulders above some of the other stuff that the line is producing.

On the other hand?

I did actually find myself wondering if they have anything half as compelling as this arc to put on the stands once it wraps up.