Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

It is good to see the mutants create a culture, their own stories and heroes to celebrate but much more important is to see mutants in the top without fear, confident in the future and its protectors .

The power combos should be done with less powerful mutants, giving some of the B and C listers a chance to shine. The Banshee/Siryn + Dazzler combo always makes me smile.

The omegas don't really need help, do they? Magneto could have ripped the Cotati apart using trace metals in their... er... sap. Iceman could have frozen them. Exodus could have done any number of outrageously overpowered things to them.

And who needs the 5? Proteus could in theory resurrect people on his own. Jamie, too. I guess mental stability is a big problem with reality warpers, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Would he? Magneto killed the Cotati by hurling metal shards at them. Iceman could do the same with ice shards. I dont see why anyone would need to be frostbit. Certainly alot of collateral damage was caused to Krakoa by Magma erupting a volcano. 12 miles away leaves alot of ground to cover and people may or many not have been killed from that flow.
    this was going to be my exact point. bobby should have control enough to replicate exactly what Magneto did
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

On the subject of collaboration versus solo effort, yes there are a number of powerful mutants who could in theory solo an army. However usually that kind of effort is shown to be taxing and just because one can do something alone doesn't mean that its the best or most efficient use of power. Storm and Iceman individually had the power to deal with this problem but the effort may have wiped them out (temporarily) or had too much potential collateral damage. This was relatively quick, efficient and made everyone involved look badass instead of just one person. Personally I'd love to see more power combo's way more than yet another uber solo effort.

Another thing I took from reading this was the value of preparation. The letter from the Captains, the conversation between Magma and Magneto, and the ease with which everyone performed their part, this was a planned defense. It wasn't tailored to deal with alien plant monsters, it was just one of many plans (as per the letter) on dealing with a large scale invasion of Krakoa. It worked and it was brutally efficient, solve one problem then move onto the next and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Iceman can't help but do huge collateral damage if he goes full omega, metal is much more accurate than ice. Yes, Iceman could have wiped out the entire Cotati army in theory, but he would have also killed half the island with frostbite.

It's the same reason why the 4Fs don't fix all the problems with Johnny going supernova or why Cyclops doesn't take off his visor all the time, or why Storm doesn't summon tsunamis and hurricanes.
    I'm not so sure about xmen but ororo definitely has the fine control necessary to pull off such an attack without harming her team or fellow krakoans.

that said the issue was fine its just in theory omegas should be able to dispatch armiies easily on their own and without help, which I think some here have already stated.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-26-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    On the subject of collaboration versus solo effort, yes there are a number of powerful mutants who could in theory solo an army. However usually that kind of effort is shown to be taxing and just because one can do something alone doesn't mean that its the best or most efficient use of power. Storm and Iceman individually had the power to deal with this problem but the effort may have wiped them out (temporarily) or had too much potential collateral damage. This was relatively quick, efficient and made everyone involved look badass instead of just one person. Personally I'd love to see more power combo's way more than yet another uber solo effort.

Another thing I took from reading this was the value of preparation. The letter from the Captains, the conversation between Magma and Magneto, and the ease with which everyone performed their part, this was a planned defense. It wasn't tailored to deal with alien plant monsters, it was just one of many plans (as per the letter) on dealing with a large scale invasion of Krakoa. It worked and it was brutally efficient, solve one problem then move onto the next and so on.
    Your Right. That’s why I live the Teamwork here. Very well planned out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Fun issue.
    >I'm not a Yu fan but the art was OK.
    >Dropping progressively larger satellites on the plant boss was cool.
    >Typo in the power combination omega redacted section, with 'enchanted' instead of 'enhanced'.
    >A few mutants out of place, like Scott fighting on Earth next to Goldballs when they both should be elsewhere [on the Moon and somewhere safe, respectively].
    >Does Magneto really need Magma to bring up, well, magma? Or require Iceman to cool it? Nope.
    >Ah, well. No 'Summoner kills the kids'... yet.
    >More creepy Exodus indoctrination but he looked awesome doing it. I wonder who these specific kids are he's focusing on and to what end.

Favourite panel...
    Attachment 100134

Bring on X of Swords!
    Exodus always looks awesome, whatever he doin...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this was going to be my exact point. bobby should have control enough to replicate exactly what Magneto did
    Iceman could also just turn every single cotati into a block of ice, drop them to absolute zero and watch them crumble into pieces
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Iceman could also just turn every single cotati into a block of ice, drop them to absolute zero and watch them crumble into pieces
    thanks beloved thats what I thought. he has the means as well as all the omegas including magneto to take them out on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Is anyone even picking up Avengers. How are those sales.

In regards to the Hickman series. Does anyone know if he made any other statements regarding the issues. He did say that the first 12 planned were more self contained and mostly set up and world building.

Excited to see what the series are all like after Swords of X.
    I haven't seen any sales data for a long while, and if its out there its not likely to be accurate anyway. I think most sales are online because of the pandemic, and Diamond has been even worse than usual with shipping books on time. My local store got ONE Marvel comic in last week and nothing this week. DC ironically has been pumping out titles on time, even while imploding.

It would have been much more epic to have weaker mutants team up to win the day. And if the goal was to limit collateral damage, how is causing a volcanic eruption more subtle? Even with the lava they cooled for metal, volcanoes can cause global climate shifts and disasters. Its like that old-school MST3K movie where they refuse to use pesticides to stop a swarm of super bees because of the environmental damage, and instead settle on blowing up a nuclear reactor.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Elixir has revived the dead en masse on his own before. And that even dodges the whole clone/soul thing.
    Last edited by pkingdom; 08-26-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Parents around the world do the same by pushing their religion down their kids' troats, yet noboody has a problem with it, as you said. I know mine did this to me. So the whole "it's bad to push your believes in children" kind of fall flat when we bring it into the real world.
    Sure they do. Many, many people have problems with this, whether its from religions or cults. Indoctrinating kids doesn't become good when mutants do it, especially super-villains.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks beloved thats what I thought. he has the means as well as all the omegas including magneto to take them out on his own.
    Shoot, you inspired me to post my own scans.

https://i.imgur.com/DrwG0T7.jpg

Bobby shooting ice shards and accurately targetting only his enemies and their vehicles

He removes the flags from the opposing team. Notice how accurate he is and no one is harmed.

He's able to alter the internal temperature of his enemies, while leaving his allies unaffected.

He's not as clumsy and amateurish as people think
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-26-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Shoot, you inspired me to post my own scans.

https://i.imgur.com/DrwG0T7.jpg

Bobby shooting ice shards and accurately targetting only his enemies and their vehicles

He removes the flags from the opposing team. Notice how accurate he is and no one is harmed.

He's able to alter the internal temperature of his enemies, while leaving his allies unaffected.

He's not as clumsy and amateurish as people think
    I love this idea. if you got examples of the other omegas please post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sure they do. Many, many people have problems with this, whether its from religions or cults. Indoctrinating kids doesn't become good when mutants do it, especially super-villains.
    Agreed. It becomes even more chilling when you read how these children speak and act. If you didn’t know any better, you’d think that they were born or Krakoa and have never had any kind of life in the outside world. While people are saying that mutantkind is building a culture of their own, it has only been months that Krakoa has been around and it is genuinely scary to see how these children have lost any sense of whatever cultures that they had come from and lived their entire lives prior to all of this. That alone gives major cult vibes to this all with just how indoctrinated these children have become.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 08-26-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Metal rain. Damn. This was a good ass read. Hickman killed this.