Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

It's pretty weird seeing Iceman calling Magneto "Boss" in page. Magneto taught the New Mutants so it makes sense seeing Magma defer to him but Iceman is a stretch to some extent.
    Magneto taught the O5. He was their mentor throughout X-men Blue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magneto taught the O5. He was their mentor throughout X-men Blue
    But that's not the actual O5, that's time displaced alternate universe versions plucked in to the timeline. The actual X-Men of 616 fought Magneto in the old days.

But that's not the actual O5, that's time displaced alternate universe versions plucked in to the timeline. The actual X-Men of 616 fought Magneto in the old days.
    No, it is the original. Did you read Extermination? Im guessing not bc the teen O5 were 616 versions and returned to their past. The current adult O5 have all their memories from their time in the future and its been referenced at least with Jean, Bobby and Scott. Bobby calling Magneto boss isnt weird bc it further acknowledges their history

Mighty Member

Hickman is continuing the theme of developing Magneto as a folk hero among Krakoa, which might in turn lead to some kind of future schism of great tragedy. There's something ominous about Present-Day Magneto donning the red and purple for the first time since Hickman's run began. He's being presented and celebrated as a hero while dressing in his villainous aspect.

It's pretty weird seeing Iceman calling Magneto "Boss" in page. Magneto taught the New Mutants so it makes sense seeing Magma defer to him but Iceman is a stretch to some extent.

A great issue and a really great distillation of Magneto's incredible awesomeness and charisma. We get to see the Magneto the hermit meditating in calm, Magneto the tired warrior (who says that his daring is his greatest failing), Magneto the brilliant general, Magneto the political mastermind (his crack about using military satellites that "aren't supposed to exist and we aren't supposed to know of"), Magneto the hero, and above all Magneto the badass.
    Iceman know a good top when he sees one..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Seems Bobby found what he was looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    He went from a Mofo named Romeo, to Daken, to Christian Frost this is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    The cuckoos are doing well in this era. They appear in almost every book.
    As they should! Loved this issue.

How much you liked the issue depends on how much you like Magneto. Most of the crowd here loves him, so it makes sense that they love this issue.

I can't think of a good reason why they needed that absurd combination just to get Magneto metal to win here. Hell, Iceman alone should have been able to win the day. This was just a convoluted scheme to let one of Hickman's favorite look badass. And I guess nobody has any problems with Exodus indoctrinating children. Real heroes.

As for why the Cotati seem like chumps, its inconsistent writing. In the main series and other tie ins, the Cotati have a huge variety of powers and apocalyptic weaponry. They can grow their own armies rapidly and parasitically control people by implanting plants in them. Every other team involved is scrambling to fight them all over the world, and resources are stretched thin. Here, the Cotati do none of the things that make them powerful and could easily be swapped out with any generic aliens. Not to mention that the amount of firepower the mutants have in this one spot is absurd.

BANNED

This was a GREAT ISSUE.

I loved EVERYTHING about it. I’m interested in these Omega Lvl Power Combos. And Magma and Magneto stole the show for me. I LOVED IT.

Clearly, the X-Men are more capable of holding off Plant People unlike Wakanda and The Avengers LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I am just so tired of this Empyre thing and this stupid plants in each issue of each series. They are a great threat or a joke depending on what series you read.

We already know that we are going to forgett about this creatures in two months after the event is over.
    And it feels that way even though half of the tie-in books got cancelled. Marvel should really stop forcing all of their books to tie into these events.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    He went from a Mofo named Romeo, to Daken, to Christian Frost this is questionable.
    Christian is rich and he drives a flying saucer, Bobby could do worse

Great issue. I love Magneto. Only disappointment was that I thought for sure Black Tom would be using his powers on the invading trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Great issue. I love Magneto. Only disappointment was that I thought for sure Black Tom would be using his powers on the invading trees...
    He was. There's an image of it and its mentioned in the text

Great issue. Magneto showed how bad ass he still is. I thought it was going to be an actual fight.

Like to know how the game turned out?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Christian is rich and he drives a flying saucer, Bobby could do worse
    Bobby has done worse, anyone remember Jonah?