Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not what we're arguing about. People want me to believe Krakao would get no fallout for PR with those people at the world summit. I don't buy into that.

Mutants being hated by everyone is far more nuanced as shown in-universe, the X-men and mutants in general have constantly had humans who supported them. The drugs don't make the world forget what those people did before they got to Krakoa. Even if Krkaoa was on the up and up, and it's not, people are no more likely to see Kim Jung Il as a good guy if he did the same thing. The drugs are a cheap gift, and may or may not be more than it seems because this Xavier is shady. And Xavier very bad at using that leverage to gain political and military allies to protect mutant kind, Krakao's alone in Marvel and this is by choice. When they need all the good publicity they can get, instead they let Apocalypse publicly say he was responsible for destroying the Bronze Age and Xavier's ok with that revelation.
    Why shouldn't he be? Despite what you might think, the Bronze Age wasn't a very nice place to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Not what we're arguing about. People want me to believe Krakao would get no fallout for PR with those people at the world summit. I don't buy into that.

Mutants being hated by everyone is far more nuanced as shown in-universe, the X-men and mutants in general have constantly had humans who supported them. The drugs don't make the world forget what those people did before they got to Krakoa. Even if Krkaoa was on the up and up, and it's not, people are no more likely to see Kim Jung Il as a good guy if he did the same thing. The drugs are a cheap gift, and may or may not be more than it seems because this Xavier is shady. And Xavier very bad at using that leverage to gain political and military allies to protect mutant kind, Krakao's alone in Marvel and this is by choice. When they need all the good publicity they can get, instead they let Apocalypse publicly say he was responsible for destroying the Bronze Age and Xavier's ok with that revelation.
    You're ignoring the fac that the era preceding the current one showed that what little human support they had was not enough to help them. No human came to their aid when the bulk of the X-men were presumably killed/gone missing from X-man. The human governments in charge did not stop the vaccine from passing and this vaccine killed mutants and was put out there to eradicate them from future generations. Where was the human support when mutantkind most needed them? The X-men literally had to go make their own government bc the one in which theye existed in failed them. We are seeing mutants still being persecuted all around the world and there are teams in place to help bc those humans think nothing of mistreating and/or killing. Mutants can not count on humans to protect. They have to do it themselves because if they do nothing, chances are the "supportive" humans will stand on the side and just continue to watch them be persecuted. Its always been like that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're ignoring the fac that the era preceding the current one showed that what little human support they had was not enough to help them. No human came to their aid when the bulk of the X-men were presumably killed/gone missing from X-man. The human governments in charge did not stop the vaccine from passing and this vaccine killed mutants and was put out there to eradicate them from future generations. Where was the human support when mutantkind most needed them? The X-men literally had to go make their own government bc the one in which theye existed in failed them. We are seeing mutants still being persecuted all around the world and there are teams in place to help bc those humans think nothing of mistreating and/or killing. Mutants can not count on humans to protect. They have to do it themselves because if they do nothing, chances are the "supportive" humans will stand on the side and just continue to watch them be persecuted. Its always been like that
    And when you have the Avengers and FF stand around and basically fiddle with their thumbs, through most of this,is it any real wonder Most Mutants have said "Screw You" to the world?

Amazing Member

Haven't been reading anything other than X-men and X-force.
    So these aliens are the ones from the EMPRYE event?

Quote Originally Posted by upmiddowntown View Post
    LOL...it literally says Empyre on the cover

Astonishing Member

Yep they're part of that mediocre Avengers event

Amazing Member

got it thanks

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yep they're part of that mediocre Avengers event
    Okay good thing I skipped it

Astonishing Member

Okay good thing I skipped it
    I mean you should still read the issue lol it's a good magneto one

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    rip

He's actually my favorite of Bobby's hook-ups. also ironically the one bobby cared about least

I want that awkward history revealed in Marauders to Pyro 1.0.
    As pillow talk?

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean you should still read the issue lol it's a good magneto one
    That and it leads in to that strange albino character for the following issue.