Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Pretty solid issue and shame Yu is going next issue, his art is really going back to better days. Magneto's voice is still amazing and the whole combo was tight. Good to know the captains are thinking forward because this ain't the institute, it's a country. Magneto going full OMAE WA MO SHINDEIRU was glorious.

Astonishing Member

Why couldn't X-Men Empyre 2 and 3 be like this? Here we have absolutely mesmerising battle planning and tactics. Empire was all over the place an absolute mess..anyway great issue. Yu will be missed for sure,maybe Molina should come in to handle Xmen flagship for a few months

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The xmen are making easy work of the aliens from empyre so why are the avengers having such a hard time?
    They are very powerful and their abilities are varied. There are also more of them and a majority of them are in one location. So, just one location for the Cotati (in Earth, at least) to target means they get an absolute onslaught.

I wonder if there are other mutants helping out the Avengers. We know that Logan is with Valeria and Franklin.

This was sublime, Hickman writes a great Magneto

Very disappointed with this issue. Despite what the synopsis promised, I did not see a single tree killing any children. Just kidding, I thought it was really good, and a far better showing for Magneto than his Giant-Size issue. Really loved the level of thought put into the data pages and the emergency defense procedures. The organized, tactical way that they took out the Cotati is a very big contrast to the chaos in the empyre mini, but in all fairness the mutants probably saw no need to make battle plans for Genosha.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Yu has been hit or miss for me, and I'm looking forward to Asrar taking over.

I wonder if the redacted paragraph on Omega mutants is going to be significant or if it was just put there to gently troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I wonder if the redacted paragraph on Omega mutants is going to be significant or if it was just put there to gently troll.
    They’re probably saving that for an epic moment in X of Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Why couldn't X-Men Empyre 2 and 3 be like this? Here we have absolutely mesmerising battle planning and tactics. Empire was all over the place an absolute mess..anyway great issue. Yu will be missed for sure,maybe Molina should come in to handle Xmen flagship for a few months
    The Empyre mini should have focused on Scott's battle in space

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    They are very powerful and their abilities are varied. There are also more of them and a majority of them are in one location. So, just one location for the Cotati (in Earth, at least) to target means they get an absolute onslaught.

I wonder if there are other mutants helping out the Avengers. We know that Logan is with Valeria and Franklin.
    interesting. then I wonder are the ones the xmen are fighting are generally weaker. they don't seem to be a real threat to them at least from the empyre tie in and this edition of xmen.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The xmen are making easy work of the aliens from empyre so why are the avengers having such a hard time?
    you answered your own question boo, cute next to gorgeous, gorgeous devours cute

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    you answered your own question boo, cute next to gorgeous, gorgeous devours cute
    lmfao **dead**
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Mags snapped, exodus was a 12/10 in this issue. I'm reaaaaaaally curious about the omega level mutants redacted page. Also, that magneto synergy abilities that they promised.

BANNED

the x-men moping the floor with the cotati while stark spends 4 issues making an armor suit is... just funny.
    cute next to drop dead gorgeous INDEED

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the x-men moping the floor with the cotati while stark spends 4 issues making an armor suit is... just funny.
    cute next to drop dead gorgeous INDEED
    you are spilling a lot of tea.

In the main empyre book, the Cotati plant themselves into the earth to make more troops. T’Challa even contemplates that irradiating an entire portion of Wakanda might be the only way to stop them. I guess that’s not a problem for Krakoa, maybe because the island is sentient and can reject outside influence.
    Last edited by Dipter; 08-26-2020 at 09:34 AM.