Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Anybody notice how the mutants barely discovered this alien invasion was occurring globally when Sage hacked into the satellites? They’re more isolated than I previously thought.
    I didn't realize that. That's really weird. How can they not have noticed this global catastrophe? The Cotati are like minutes away from ending life as we know it and exploding the sun in the other series'. I think all of the X men tie ins just weren't thought out well.

He even told them not to kill the flatscans. We appreciate kindness.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Magneto-fanfic-writing preacher Exodus is a riot. Clearly, the dude is the biggest threat to Queen Moira's rule, lol.

Anyway. Thin, but fun issue.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    How much you liked the issue depends on how much you like Magneto. Most of the crowd here loves him, so it makes sense that they love this issue.

I can't think of a good reason why they needed that absurd combination just to get Magneto metal to win here. Hell, Iceman alone should have been able to win the day. This was just a convoluted scheme to let one of Hickman's favorite look badass. And I guess nobody has any problems with Exodus indoctrinating children. Real heroes.

As for why the Cotati seem like chumps, its inconsistent writing. In the main series and other tie ins, the Cotati have a huge variety of powers and apocalyptic weaponry. They can grow their own armies rapidly and parasitically control people by implanting plants in them. Every other team involved is scrambling to fight them all over the world, and resources are stretched thin. Here, the Cotati do none of the things that make them powerful and could easily be swapped out with any generic aliens. Not to mention that the amount of firepower the mutants have in this one spot is absurd.
    I think you point about iceman is why i hsve issues with the approach taken with this combo application. the effort taken by Magneto and company needed to do the combo one of the mutants, as you pointed out, could have done alone.

and agreed. if you were reading the xmen alone you would not have a sense of the threat they pose, as they are presented as a much more formidable threat on the avengers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Hickman is continuing the theme of developing Magneto as a folk hero among Krakoa, which might in turn lead to some kind of future schism of great tragedy. There's something ominous about Present-Day Magneto donning the red and purple for the first time since Hickman's run began. He's being presented and celebrated as a hero while dressing in his villainous aspect.

It's pretty weird seeing Iceman calling Magneto "Boss" in page. Magneto taught the New Mutants so it makes sense seeing Magma defer to him but Iceman is a stretch to some extent.

A great issue and a really great distillation of Magneto's incredible awesomeness and charisma. We get to see the Magneto the hermit meditating in calm, Magneto the tired warrior (who says that his daring is his greatest failing), Magneto the brilliant general, Magneto the political mastermind (his crack about using military satellites that "aren't supposed to exist and we aren't supposed to know of"), Magneto the hero, and above all Magneto the badass.
    This is really true Hickman really showed various aspects of Magneto in a single issue. The GOAT

Incredible Member

Can someone explain to me what's going on with this volume of X-Men? Is it me or are the issues just not connected in the least? I've been a little behind in reading the issues but i feel lost. The first issue shows the Summers family and then we get the woman at the end who vows revenge on the X-Men for what happened during HOX/POX. Next issue was Krakoa merging with the other island (i think, i cannot remember) and the whole Apocalypse and that female summoner or whatever that thing was at the end. Then it just seems to jump around a bunch of times and then we have Gabriel Summers in space and now this Magneto issue. Are there any connections I'm missing? In my opinion, reading this volume is like watching the first season of the Animated Series; there are a series of episodes (in this case issues) that are not connected and just show randomness with a few tidbits here and there alluding to the grand scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Can someone explain to me what's going on with this volume of X-Men? Is it me or are the issues just not connected in the least? I've been a little behind in reading the issues but i feel lost. The first issue shows the Summers family and then we get the woman at the end who vows revenge on the X-Men for what happened during HOX/POX. Next issue was Krakoa merging with the other island (i think, i cannot remember) and the whole Apocalypse and that female summoner or whatever that thing was at the end. Then it just seems to jump around a bunch of times and then we have Gabriel Summers in space and now this Magneto issue. Are there any connections I'm missing? In my opinion, reading this volume is like watching the first season of the Animated Series; there are a series of episodes (in this case issues) that are not connected and just show randomness with a few tidbits here and there alluding to the grand scheme.
    We're 11 issues in and it took you this long to figure that out? The series began as a series of oneshots, existing to build the world thats created in Dawn of X and we've seen several of the plots and characters introduced here get expanded in other books. With that said, its felt alot more connected in recent issues. 8 and 9 were a two-parter which served as a followup to Hickman's NM run. 10 and 11 is another two-parter serving as a tie-in to Empyre.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think you point about iceman is why i hsve issues with the approach taken with this combo application. the effort taken by Magneto and company needed to do the combo one of the mutants, as you pointed out, could have done alone.

and agreed. if you were reading the xmen alone you would not have a sense of the threat they pose, as they are presented as a much more formidable threat on the avengers.
    We're just better than the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Yes, it's mostly a series of self-contained that setup storylines for later so far! I guess it can be a little confusing specially if you're waiting for some plots to develop like the Children of the Vault stuff.

I love the series as it is now but I guess it would be less of a whiplash coming after HoXPoX if Hickman had done an strong arc first instead of going straight into evil grannies and summers family dinamics. Maybe the first arc of New Mutants should've actually been here instead idk.

this was well written and the art was super sophisticated but now I just want SoX to be here!!!

enough of this Empyre fillers.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Beast can teach ethics!
    Hahahaha! That was good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He even told them not to kill the flatscans. We appreciate kindness.
    Not even that he told them not to.

He went into exactly why mutants need to be responsible for a more logical approach than humanity has come up with thus far.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    We're just better than the Avengers.
    lolol so much avengers shade lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Is anyone even picking up Avengers. How are those sales.

In regards to the Hickman series. Does anyone know if he made any other statements regarding the issues. He did say that the first 12 planned were more self contained and mostly set up and world building.

Excited to see what the series are all like after Swords of X.

Astonishing Member

I like that Hickman is acknowledging the ridiculous amount of times that Krakoa has been attacked right on the eve of a major X-event which will see Krakoa attacked AGAIN. Lol they really can't catch a break.