Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Such a fun issue. We were blessed this week.

That's all.
    I freacking love Mojo design, especially with the spider legs in combination with his morbid body (and nature!), very horror Sci-Fi.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I generally like dialogue heavy comics because it gives a better sense of personality for the characters, and I really enjoy the banter in the book and how it varies from pointed snark to playful teasing to give a good sense of the personal dynamics of the team and remains true to the character's individual voices. Definitely better than Bendis' repetitive, one voice for all dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I freacking love Mojo design, especially with the spider legs in combination with his morbid body (and nature!), very horror Sci-Fi.
    I'll be honest, normally I don't care for the dude or his world but this was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I generally like dialogue heavy comics because it gives a better sense of personality for the characters, and I really enjoy the banter in the book and how it varies from pointed snark to playful teasing to give a good sense of the personal dynamics of the team and remains true to the character's individual voices. Definitely better than Bendis' repetitive, one voice for all dialogue.
    I agree with all of this. I had a lot of fun reading this one and I look forward to a few re-reads.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Completely agree. But I do love dialogue heavy done well - which to me this 100% was. Find it interesting that some people find this worse than Bendis. I loved Hellions this week but felt it was a quick read, however this was enjoyable from start to finish and felt like a great length.

On Kyle, I wonder if there’s generally ‘guards’ near the gates both to welcome people and also to assist with the humans leaving. Then again on a island where there are tons of teleporters, maybe Magik School a is has returned for human commuters. Is he the only non mutant (bar Shogo/Meggan) on the island?

Loved the small exchange of the five. The only thing that floored me was that all the commentators adored EyeBoy. I love him but he got the most praise...felt odd!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Series still terrible.

Gold Rachel >> This Rachel.

Eye Boy really just wall paper.
    So you prefer Rachel KO-ed within moments of a story starting or her being possessed by c-lister villains? To each their own I guess, but I prefer Rachel to be competent and shown to be the powerhouse she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    So you prefer Rachel KO-ed within moments of a story starting or her being possessed by c-lister villains? To each their own I guess, but I prefer Rachel to be competent and shown to be the powerhouse she is.
    If this were Gold, she'd be a Mojo World slave

This was cute. Rachel really showing her stuff her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I dislike the art and felt the explanations were a bit messy but I love this line-up and the characters feel like themselves. Rachel and Lorna sound great! I am very attracted to Daken. I adore and relate to Jean-Paul so much. He and Anne-Marie are totally me and my sister. :-)
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I'm quite happy with this issue.

A lot of the recent issues (I'm looking at you X-Men and GS) leave me feeling I got very little for my money. This still has some unevenness, but definitely is choc-a-bloc with content.

I don't know Daken, Eye-Boy and Prodigy as well as the others but am definitely enjoying them.

The art holds this series back a bit and makes the tone confusing. That said the cast is great and the dialogue is fun. Not a fan of Mojoworld but I enjoyed a more modern tech world.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

Cute issue. And Rachel getting a badass moment was satisfying.

I liked this issue way more than I thought I would. But the art is just not for me. It's not bad. Just not for me.

For me the best X-book today.

Very entertaining especially the part of the interview.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Cute issue. I'm definitely warming up to Baldeon's art, I still don't like most of his faces but his pages composition and storytelling are quite good. I like the banter the team have with one another although I'm not sure going to Mojoworld with your second issue is a great idea? I found the transition from the first, more grounded issue to the second one a bit jarring.

I want to like this book, but I'm just kind of confused by it. Northstar is pretty awful so far and not a great leader. And I don't really know why they are doing all of this with Mojo when they already have confirmation that the mutant is dead, and pretty much how she died. Dying during one of Mojo's shows isn't really a mystery. Its pretty common and not a big deal anymore for mutants. So their first mystery isn't really a mystery.