Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Stopped being a punchline when he was written by GJ in New 52.
    Um, in the comics he was never a punchline. Even going back to Pre-Crisis.

Agreed with those that say Jason Momoa helped a lot. Though I would say I believe the perception is likely still there to some degree just because its been there for so long. But this was a big help.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    My one beef with I think every writer on the character (although, surprisingly Erik Larsen tried) is that Atlantis is portrayed like Bikini Bottom.
    I half expect to see Mera plug in a hair dryer.
    It's something that has never really been explored too deeply.
    Atlantis is underwater. Why would there be sheets on the bed? Why would there be beds?? (I understand Arthur sleeping in dry quarters, but what about the rest of Atlantis??
    Why do you need floors when everyone floats?
    It's a helluva rabbit hole sure, but one that could be interesting.
    I'm with you.

In MERA: TIDEBREAKER the opening few pages show someone sweeping in the background...underwater.

I think there's a lot of wonderful creativity that could go into making Atlantis more of its own world. Hell, I'd like to see a closer look at Arthur and Mera defeating classism in Atlantis. Helping every day Atlanteans, etc. Infrastructure, economic structure, what's it all like! I want to see more of Atlantis besides soliders.

I'm off topic 'n spitballing but hey. The more Aquaman the better!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-07-2020 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm with you.

In MERA: TIDEBREAKER the opening few pages show someone sweeping in the background...underwater.

I think there's a lot of wonderful creativity that could go into making Atlantis more of its own world. Hell, I'd like to see a closer look at Arthur and Mera defeating classism in Atlantis. Helping every day Atlanteans, etc. Infrastructure, economic structure, what's it all like! I want to see more of Atlantis besides soliders.

I'm off topic 'n spitballing but hey. The more Aquaman the better!
    Semi-joking: They might want to start by abolishing the monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Shades of Jimenez Wonder Woman there!! Would that free Aquaman up to not be underwater? Or would be simply focus on certain undersea areas like Sub-Diego?

Also, I just want to take a moment to acknowledge how amazing the art has been on Aquaman. The Middleton covers were especially GREAT!

But one question pops into my head. Do you guys feel like the look should mirror Mamoa at this point?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Also, I just want to take a moment to acknowledge how amazing the art has been on Aquaman. The Middleton covers were especially GREAT!

But one question pops into my head. Do you guys feel like the look should mirror Mamoa at this point?
    The Middleton variants have been top notch!
    And I TRULY hope Arthur NEVER looks like Jason Momoa.
    If anything, Arthur's son Koryak should assume his look. THAT I could happily live with.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I'm with you there. That's what Mera seems to be doing in the current book. Hopefully now that the fill in issues are out of the way, we can get back into that.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 11-09-2020 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    The art on AQUAMAN has been fire.

Why bother? The next writer or so will just either ignore or even actively restore it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The art on AQUAMAN has been fire.
    What fill-in issues?

Aquaman hadn’t been a joke to comic book readers for a long time but Momoa’s portrayal of Arthur completely changed the general public’s perception of the character.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea. Aquaman could still be “King of the Oceans” because he was chosen to wield Atlan’s trident and he has a telepathic connection to sea life unlike any other Atlantean.

On a related note, I always found it odd that Black Panther’s Wakanda is supposed to be one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet but they still don’t have democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Aquaman hadn’t been a joke to comic book readers for a long time but Momoa’s portrayal of Arthur completely changed the general public’s perception of the character.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea. Aquaman could still be “King of the Oceans” because he was chosen to wield Atlan’s trident and he has a telepathic connection to sea life unlike any other Atlantean.

On a related note, I always found it odd that Black Panther’s Wakanda is supposed to be one of the most advanced civilizations on the planet but they still don’t have democracy.
    I thought his long of the oceans title was sealed the moment the God Poseidon bestowed his Trident upon him.

But then I remember stupid Flashpoint and New 52 erased all that so I guess for them it is Atlan
    Last edited by Stanlos; 11-08-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am of the opinion that this is the best Aquaman. He was a joke, yes, but he was a great joke.

I never saw Aquaman as a joke character. I always felt the character and his mythos was really cool, and his movie proved me right. I honestly think the Green Lantern concept is way more ridiculous.