Default After finally reading Brightest Day....

I have to say the tie-in series Justice League Generation Lost was the most enjoyable part. The Main series was all over the place, and even the Green Lantern tie ins were just ok.

Yeah, "Brightest Day" felt more like "Darknest Night: The Morning After." It doesn't have the same punch because it didn't seem to have a main story as much as just a connective thread tying together a bunch of stories. (from how I remember it)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, "Brightest Day" felt more like "Darknest Night: The Morning After." It doesn't have the same punch because it didn't seem to have a main story as much as just a connective thread tying together a bunch of stories. (from how I remember it)
    Yes, thats a perfect way to put it. "didn't seem to have a main story"

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The bright spots of Brightest Day for me were JL Generation Lost, Wonder Woman Odyssey, Brightest Day Flash (Manpul's beginning) and the Brightest Day GL (I dug the New Guardians angle at the time).

The main event storyline was Johns on a ramble. But I don't hate it. It was all for Swamp Thing. Really? I never did catch up with the Batman, Superman and Cosntantine teased at the end of Brightest Day.

Brightest Day struck me as uninteresting, and mid-stream I looked at my stacks of unread comics and thought - no more. I stopped buying the few DC monthlies / collections I was still buying. And haven't really looked back.

Extraordinary Member

Brightest Day should be viewed more as a “52” type showcase book of lesser characters. It’s not all that important to the main story.

Generation Lost was pretty fun. The fact we never got a good JLI relaunch after that and instead had the New 52 book is so sad.
    Brightest Day may not have been the greatest story, but it set up many interesting threads and series that never saw the light of day because of the New 52.

I pretty much exclusively value Brightest Day for the J'onn J'onzz action figure it produced, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."