Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    In fairness, Snyder said in an interview that only scenes he did will be there. No scene that was added by Whedon will be there. I agree that Snyder does not hate Superman. He has an idea of Superman that does not fit the idea and ideal that some fans have. He has a vision of a Superman for our time and culture, still a fictional setting but much closer to reality than has been done before in live action. His Superman is still an idealist but one whose ideals are sorely tested, sometimes to the breaking point because reality won't bend over and open wide to suit him if you'll forgive a graphic analogy.

Now I think Snyder made tactical mistakes and did not present everything as well as he might have. It's a no-win scenario because, had he gone the other direction, he would have been accused by another large group of giving us the same safe defender of the status quo that another group wanted.

He simply has a nuanced idea of what someone like Superman would be if he really existed. Even at that, Snyder makes him the best of humanity (or Krypton). He's trying to save the world and be a beacon of hope whether he succeeds or not. The idea that he hates Superman is just the usual whining that means, "Not meh Superman, not the past version I still want". And I say that as someone who loves the George Reeves version and a lot of the Chris Reeve stuff.
    Thank you.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

To be fair, snyder can do all that and people can still be not satisfied with what they got or want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    To be fair, snyder can do all that and people can still be not satisfied with what they got or want something different.
    Which is a completely different argument from, "Snyder didn't have Superman choke Batman therefore he obviously hates Superman".

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Which is a completely different argument from, "Snyder didn't have Superman choke Batman therefore he obviously hates Superman".
    Well, my comment wasn't really related to the op.