Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

https://deadline.com/2020/10/*******...bc-1234603739/

The Chicago P.D. lead said that there will be a “perfect segue” between the season 7 finale, which saw a police officer profile a young Black man, and season 8.

“We’re continuing from there and drawing out the bigger things,” he said.

Beghe added he’s looking forward to seeing his Detective Sergeant Hank Voight, who has been violent against criminals, reflect on the role of police and its relationship with the Black community, hopefully realizing that things need to change.

“So it’s fun, but it’s a responsibility. There may be people who are offended, there may be new fans,” he said. “Who knows what’s going to happen, but we’re going in both barrels blazing.”
    Unless this means Vought being the villain taken down and his influence and legacy is completely erased from Chicago PD this will be toothless posturing. Vought's so terrible he's become the new Vic Mackey in police tv shows. This also should have been done seasons ago.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    https://deadline.com/2020/10/*******...bc-1234603739/

Unless this means Vought being the villain taken down and his influence and legacy is completely erased from Chicago PD this will be toothless posturing. Vought's so terrible he's become the new Vic Mackey in police tv shows. This also should have been done seasons ago.
    I never watched it, simply because most network TV shows are so toothless in how they depict their main characters. What's he done ala Vic Mackey? Standard brutality or making deals with criminals?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I never watched it, simply because most network TV shows are so toothless in how they depict their main characters. What's he done ala Vic Mackey? Standard brutality or making deals with criminals?
    They actually toned him down from is originally appearance in Fire where he was depicted as legit corrupt.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Meh, white male conservative power fantasies. Getting revenge on swarthy "savages" without getting locked up with them is their ultimate dream scenario.

Of course it was all in protecting the "virginal" white woman from the lustful desires of the non-white man. Refusing to believe it was their women seeking them out this whole time. Binders full of Cucks! LOLZ!
    You're not supposed to tell the truth just like that!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Meh, white male conservative power fantasies. Getting revenge on swarthy "savages" without getting locked up with them is their ultimate dream scenario.

Of course it was all in protecting the "virginal" white woman from the lustful desires of the non-white man. Refusing to believe it was their women seeking them out this whole time. Binders full of Cucks! LOLZ!
    You say that as though only “white males” have that dream.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You say that as though only “white males” have that dream.
    Well, they do have the power to see these that these fantasies are portrayed on both the big and little screens more than just about any other demographic.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Well, they do have the power to see these that these fantasies are portrayed on both the big and little screens more than just about any other demographic.
    I didn't quite understand that.

Are you saying that "white males" are the ones with the power to see these sorts of fantasies realized, or are you saying that "white males" are the ones that are pushing out the fantasy in media?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I didn't quite understand that.

Are you saying that "white males" are the ones with the power to see these sorts of fantasies realized, or are you saying that "white males" are the ones that are pushing out the fantasy in media?
    Little bit of both.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Stream View Post
    no but police procedurals are pretty boring i think

colin quinn's "Cop Show" on youtube is pretty solid though
    It depends on what show it is.

I think the thing I liked about “Criminal Minds” best was how needlessly dickish the protagonists were. They were calm, collected, and got the job done more than they weren’t.

The soap opera tropes seem to go hand-in-hand with cowboy cop tropes which infuriates me.

I'd say CSI New York ahd the most professional and reasonable cast of a police procedural.

Ultimate Member

Major Crimes did a good job of following the letter to the law, overall.

And though it's rather old, I'd say that Flashpoint was the kind of police response I wish we had in real life.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Major Crimes did a good job of following the letter to the law, overall.

And though it's rather old, I'd say that Flashpoint was the kind of police response I wish we had in real life.
    That's what happens when you get the former head of Internal Affairs to head a division spoilers:
    along with getting a major lawsuit on par with Rampart
    end of spoilers.

Shemar Moore Talks Addressing Social Unrest in S.W.A.T.’s Upcoming Season

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Moore, along with executive producer Shawn Ryan and co-creator Aaron Thomas, expressed how they were uniquely positioned for the task at hand and how S.W.A.T.’s writing and production teams have interwoven real-world issues for the fourth season. “We find a nice balance so you don’t feel like you are watching the news,” Moore shared with EW. “A TV show can’t fix the injustices around the world, but at least we can make you think. Our show does a good job of showing the human side of our characters, my character being from South L.A., being a Black man from the streets, and having the constant struggle to not forget where he’s come from but to also change the system...change the way the police deal with civilians and change the perception of civilians to the police.”
    He continued, “It’s fun to be on an exciting, kick-ass cop show. I’m the lead actor and I’m proud to have achieved that. But I’m also a producer on the show. It’s very important to me that we come up with quality content that has integrity without getting too heavy-handed or preachy. I felt that there was an opportunity and a large responsibility to stay, as they say, woke.”
    https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/she...645860#replies

Hollywood Reporter's review of "East New York" centers on the portrayal of the NYPD in the first two episodes:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...bs-1235230345/

Overall, I'm just less enthused about yet another New York City "gritty" police show. Go elsewhere. Detroit. Indianapolis. Phoenix. Dallas. Fort Worth. New Orleans. Birmingham Ala. Atlanta.